Sign in to follow this  
Bad_Mobby

What Was Your Favourite School Dinner/Snack

The morning snack for me was either a chicken burger with onions in a bap or a hot buttered buttery (Rowie for you toonzers)

Lunch (if having it in the canteen) was a bowl of chips covered in macaroni and cheese - or a Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle and 10 regal fags (outwith the canteen)

Chip butty from the van outside the school gates.

Or in fourth year save my money for cider for the weekend to go drinking in the park and fingering birds.

Chips and beans, apple crumble and custard, mini cookies and one of those triangle juice box things (can't mind what they were called).

At primary school I was given a packed lunch box consisting of the following;

Um bongo

(Poor quality Cheese) sandwich

Munch bunch yoghurt

Penguin

I still love the bitch

The morning snack for me was either a chicken burger with onions in a bap or a hot buttered buttery (Rowie for you toonzers)

Lunch (if having it in the canteen) was a bowl of chips covered in macaroni and cheese - or a Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle and 10 regal fags (outwith the canteen)

You ate the fags? (ooooooh)

Legend.

At primary school I was given a packed lunch box consisting of the following;

Um bongo

(Poor quality Cheese) sandwich

Munch bunch yoghurt

Penguin

I still love the bitch

Couple Yum Yums from Strathdee bakers van for breakfast at Primary and used to go home for denner as only 5 minutes away. Academy was partial to a bridie or pie and couple of rowies from Aitkens long before dodgy interests of owner became known.

Chips and beans, apple crumble and custard, mini cookies and one of those triangle juice box things (can't mind what they were called).

Mind those triangle juice cartons from school tuck shop but can't recall their name either

Ham roll from the Icers topped with a bag of Spicy Bikers or Space Raiders depending on what took my fancy on the day.

yum yum

tin of juice

Capri Sun ?

No - ones we got (late 70s/early 80s) were like cardboard/tetra pack type. Blackcurrant or orange flavours

No - ones we got (late 70s/early 80s) were like cardboard/tetra pack type. Blackcurrant or orange flavours

I used to go to Wimpy most lunchtimes was fucking ace. Burger King and MacDonalds are pish in comparison.

Sounds like leftover war rations.

Gadzooks!!

Was Maggie Thatchers fault as she stopped the free school milk and the unknown named cardboard offerings came along

Mind those triangle juice cartons from school tuck shop but can't recall their name either

Just remembered they were called Peak.

Cold sausage roll and a chocolate doughring fae Duncan’s the baker.

Sounds sexual, it was.

Child cruelty

Caramel custard sticks in the mind. A bizarre meringuee jammy thing called Queen of puddings was another. And then, early 80’s the very height of sophistication - a glass of flavoured milk, yalla, pink or broon.

Slim pickings at Northfield canteen, Jumbo Chinese on a Friday was ace, broons next door most other days, their chicken pies were nipple erecting, sometimes 3 at a time.

Breast of Swinson, garnished by Corbyn tears.

:P

Dont remember the food too much, my main memories were the entire canteen jeering anytime someone dropped their tray of food (I did it once) and the fact it was the only place I ever got semolina as a dessert.

However, I maintain a broadly positive memory of "school dinners" at both primary and secondary.

primary school- some sausage pie thing with this weird mash effort that may have contained potato.

secondary school- 2 rolls and fritter from the chippy with loads of vinegar.

primary school- some sausage pie thing with this weird mash effort that may have contained potato.

secondary school- 2 rolls and fritter from the chippy with loads of vinegar.

Both during “detention” in the art kiln room, with Mr Clay?