Celtic 2 - 1 Aberdeen

Quick question. But for 2 points while Aberdeen sit third Mcinnes is just meeting basic expectation right? If so he needs to split the massive spending old firm to over achieve?

If we were sitting 4 points off the ugly sisters having just won the league cup and playing attractive, exciting football then he would be over achieving. We are none of that and I'm not sure Mcinnes has ever over achieved.

If we were sitting 4 points off the ugly sisters having just won the league cup and playing attractive, exciting football then he would be over achieving. We are none of that and I'm not sure Mcinnes has ever over achieved.

So over achieving means keeping up with 2 teams who have spent millions 2 summers in a row and winning trophies?

I would argue we over achieved finishing above the huns a couple of seasons back.

We arent at the moment but this shite that if we arent winning trophies regularly (which obviously we all want) and splitting 2 massive spending teams he is failing? Fair enough if that's your opinion but I think that's mental.

So over achieving means keeping up with 2 teams who have spent millions 2 summers in a row and winning trophies?

I would argue we over achieved finishing above the huns a couple of seasons back.

We arent at the moment but this shite that if we arent winning trophies regularly (which obviously we all want) and splitting 2 massive spending teams he is failing? Fair enough if that's your opinion but I think that's mental.

Your right we all want to win trophies but putting that aside. Our overall play is dreadful, McInnes is very negative and not just against the ugly sisters.

The question I responded to was why are Motherwell ahead of us after 19 games. The answer is because Robinson has then playing above where you would expect. The same can't be said for McInnes.

• Upvote 3

Your right we all want to win trophies but putting that aside. Our overall play is dreadful, McInnes is very negative and not just against the ugly sisters.

The question I responded to was why are Motherwell ahead of us after 19 games. The answer is because Robinson has then playing above where you would expect. The same can't be said for McInnes.

Exactly this. Take the ugly sisters out of the equation and the rest of the league is pish. We should be winning most if not all of these games but we aren't.

• Upvote 2

Quick look at the stats suggests we got battered and were fortunate to be within a goal of them. The usual, then.

Won 1-0 but annoying they had better stats all over elsewhere.......

Home TeamCelticAway TeamAberdeen
Possession Home63% Away37% Shots Home19 Away5 Shots on Target Home6 Away1 Corners Home8 Away1 Fouls Home15 Away10
Home TeamCelticAway TeamAberdeen
Possession Home63% Away37% Shots Home19 Away5 Shots on Target Home6 Away1 Corners Home8 Away1 Fouls Home15 Away10

Goals:

1-0

Complete fluke effort.

1-1

Marvellous hang in the air effort.

2-1

Massive hole right through the centre of defence effort.

Red card

WTF  :hypno:

Massive credit to the ref on this so far.

Pretty much any others would have give a free kick to Celtic for Christie dive & a penalty for the Wilson? Tackle.

Great calls by ref, hope he keeps up this he’s having a very good game even though the tims believe he’s at it.

Spoke too soon.

Though I do acknowledge the "so far" part.