What did you study/train as and what do you do now?

Betty Swallicks

Did a load of work under floors over the years . Nothing like that moment when you think you are stuck or your torch goes out

As sparkie apprentice, was undef floor one day with vulcanised rubber lead that the lampholders attached wherever you wanted to by sharp pins poking through that would then tap into the L&N to power the licht.

Unfortunately after a while, the lead then gets peppered with holes where the lampholders had previously been.

The lead was lying on top of some metal bar under the floor, I put my palm on the bar and got a fucking jolter of a shock.

Had many electric shocks, but that one was way off the scale.

Gripped onto the bar involuntarily, my head flew up the way blootering myself aff o' a jeest.

Bust mi heed, and my arm was in pain for weeks. Cunting.

Onyhoo...

Got fed up o sparkying fan aboot 30, went o RGU for BEng night classes.

Been working O&G Electrical Engineering, ever since.

Got fed up with shitty Britain bout 2.5 years ago (also refused to partake in this zero hours shit the likes of Wood started with contractors), now pick up my work in Caspian or Middle East, having moved to Cyprus.

Started as Mechanical technician as an apprentice.

Company let us go after completing so studied BSC in Mech Eng.

Couldn’t get work related to it so fucked off offshore for 6 months as a shove in. Been rotational ever since apart from a year in Aberdeen doing a Monday - Friday job.

Still comes in handy when folk think you’re a safety man that knows fuck all and you can bamboozle them with technical stuff.

Doing my PMP just now just to keep the mind active and add another string to the bow.

A. Philanthropist

We are currently looking to recruit another engineer and I've just opened an application/CV from someone who (I kid you not) studied sociology (for a year), worked for the social (2 years), worked in a call centre (6months) and is now doing support work.  :dontknow: No mention on how he would be remotely suitable for the job advertised.

I'm not sure if its a piss take, an error, if the boys a neep or if you can potentially get any job you fancy these days.

Ach it sounds like someone trying hard to get work. Maybe he has good transferable skills?

Stalker much...

I studied accountancy.  

I trained as an accountant in practice.

I'm now an accountant in a non-train based industry as clearly there are no trains in Badentoy.

Had no idea what I wanted to do when I left school.  Kind of accidentally got into accounting then did it at college.  Few exams away from being fully qualified but fucked if I can see myself doing this all my life!

exactamundo..chebs left a shyteload eh unenswerd questions n ez bevvied state yisterdiy aboot the stobie boys n ither hings.tae hink the cunts goats the audasity tae fuckin demand enserswi ez cap locks oan..wee fuckin rethink fir ye the nicht fats domino..blutos ayewis inspird rage in cunts..n evry cunts goat thir reasons..but ye yersels goat a lot a explainin tae dae first ya fat fife shyte

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have a feeling that prelude off of Australia is now a white elephant. Brexit has made things a free for all, we don't even have the skills in this country to build our own nuclear power stations. Take back control and give it to the chinese and the french. Reminds me of the cock up when edinburgh council had 500mill in their back pocket and blew it on the tram. The airport had the only bus service I cad n think of in tge UK where you could walk out the terminal and jump on a bus and you are in waverley in 40 minutes. As jimmy Saville said it's the age of the train, easy jet can ram it.

• Downvote 1

If embra don't watch out unesco will tell them we are serious, tourists want castles, whisky, bagpipes and tartan, not a building next to john lewis with a copper jobi on the top. The old royal high school was all ready to be our parliament, again we blew it on a dumbiedykes extension. What a shower. We better get our grant requests in from the eu, coz boris doesn't care about anything north of Watford.

• Downvote 1

I left Inverurie academy.

Then spent 2 yrs apprentice Cooper at local cooperage. I loved that job nips whenever you fancied. Bottles home too.

I was placed with a boy who was a raging alky as most of them were and had a stayed I would be too. It was piece rate there for the time served coopers, but I was hourly rate and the boy I was placed with got my barrels too. and apparently I was told it was my barrels that kept him earning enough to make a living.

I wanted a trade behind me and nae just work at home on the farm.

Place closed down after losing the Bells contract, Arthur Bell appeared unannounced one day with boys sleeping. Fighting and the likes

I left Inverurie academy.

Then spent 2 yrs apprentice Cooper at local cooperage. I loved that job nips whenever you fancied. Bottles home too.

I was placed with a boy who was a raging alky as most of them were and had a stayed I would be too. It was piece rate there for the time served coopers, but I was hourly rate and the boy I was placed with got my barrels too. and apparently I was told it was my barrels that kept him earning enough to make a living.

I wanted a trade behind me and nae just work at home on the farm.

Place closed down after losing the Bells contract, Arthur Bell appeared unannounced one day with boys sleeping. Fighting and the likes

#cansbarrels

• Upvote 1