Mikel Devlin

from Sep-Nov 2018 he was our best defender. It's just not happened for him since he picked up the injury on Scotland duty.

Yip.

For the first 3 months of last season, he was very good.

Good partnership with McKenna.

Since the injury in Nov ‘18?...

Poor.

Not worthy of a place.

To put it in to perspective, Ash Taylor might be more worthy of a place... maybe.

The fact that’s debatable says it all.

We need a new right sided central defender.

And a left one of McKenna gets sold.

The fuck is going on with this cunt ? Was 1 of the 2 best central defenders (with McKenna) this time last year. Now not getting a game.

One of best 2 central defenders at Aberdeen or in Scotland?

Don’t agree with either regardless lol.

Considine has been our best defender for ages only when McKenna’s stock was a little higher did he bump Considine down to second best.

Considine (since getting a decent run in middle) has been consistently good for us. He suffered massively when being shunted out to LB for most of career & scapegoated countless times (mostly v Celtic) as a result & some folk just cannot see past these things.

Not saying he has always been great when sporadically used in central defence but more often than not he was the easy target for blame regardless of where he was used.

Joke that Devlin gets anywhere near Scotland squad (desperation or not) ahead of Considine.

Guest milne_afc

What's the basis of this rumour? Devlin has more reason to be thankful of McInnes regardless of his current place in(or out of) starting lineups.

I'd happily send the dumpling back to Hamilton.

Guest milne_afc

Injuries and tactics. Devlin spoke to McInnes in private about both and McInnes didn't like it.

Not the only player that McInnes has thrown his toys at.

Man management is not one of McInnes's strong points but that will not come as a surprise to most.

So why is this now public knowledge considering the convo happ'd 'ad usum privatum'?

Well that's nonsense, over the years players have cited McInnes as a big reason for signing new contracts and spoke about what a great team spirit he creates.

Imagine saying nice things about the boy who just gave you a pay rise.

Devlin has been shite lately. Would rather Taylor played - and he’s shite.

You speak SOME amount of shite

Mcinnes man management is the best bit about him, as many players will testify to

Don't agree.

Some have certainly praised him in the past but I think you will find a number who would disagree. He is becoming more and more erratic with his behaviour. Certainly not getting the best out of individuals or the team.

Another fantasist on here. "In the know" about Mcinnes relationship with numerous players.

Liar.

The question was asked as to why Devlin was not getting a game.

If you look back at my previous posts then you will see I have never tried to pretend that I am "In the know". I guess and speculate the same as most other posters on the site.

I know one player who tends to keep most private matters to himself. The one thing that he has said recently is that he along with a number of other player are pissed off with McInnes. Anyone who has watched the team recently will not find it hard to believe that this would be the case. Clearly the team is not playing well and he is certainly not getting the best out of individuals or the team.

The fact you don't believe what I have said will fortunately not spoil the rest of 2019 for me!!