Find it ironic that clubs are now actively trying to promote these singing fan sections having tried desperately to eradicate such behaviour for years previously.

Hope this is a success for us but do wonder if its too little too late with a lot of the fans who would usually create the atmosphere having either lost interest or simply grown up!

Well, I think the idea is that it's the folk who go to away games will congregate in the Merkland for this and create a bit of the away day atmosphere. So it'll probably be fine. I'm not sure what happens next though. Fans see/hear it and think 'that's something I want to be apart of' and the club go 'maybe we'll have something like that in the new stadium in 5 years'

Well, I think the idea is that it's the folk who go to away games will congregate in the Merkland for this and create a bit of the away day atmosphere. So it'll probably be fine. I'm not sure what happens next though. Fans see/hear it and think 'that's something I want to be apart of' and the club go 'maybe we'll have something like that in the new stadium in 5 years'

Or maybe they move the family section next season?