I’m all for trying to improve the game experience but (flak incoming) me and my kids have season tickets in the middle sections of the Merkland, so I can’t buy my seats for the game as it stands. Having young kids and knowing where we will sit week in, week out is important, and it’s not like I can go and buy like for like tickets elsewhere as there aren’t many blocks of seats available at the moment as they are all reserved for season ticket holders to buy, then I’m in the same boat as everyone else scrambling around for tickets. Now, I thought that families were important to the club, the support of the future and all that, but I’m seriously pissed off with this being pushed into the Merkland Family Stand, I likely won’t bother going now and I wonder how many others in our position may do likewise, what will that do to the crowd and atmosphere, simply move some fans while alienating others.

So you can't reserve your seat for the Merkland? I got an email saying i could reserve my seat in the South.

Why don't you phone the ticket office tomorrow and explain your issues. They're pretty good and may be able to alleviate any concerns you have and come up with a solution. I'm being encouraged to try the Merkland out for a change, so may well give it a try, but i honestly don't think the amount of people moving for this game will be as much as you think.

• Upvote 1

I’m all for trying to improve the game experience but (flak incoming) me and my kids have season tickets in the middle sections of the Merkland, so I can’t buy my seats for the game as it stands. Having young kids and knowing where we will sit week in, week out is important, and it’s not like I can go and buy like for like tickets elsewhere as there aren’t many blocks of seats available at the moment as they are all reserved for season ticket holders to buy, then I’m in the same boat as everyone else scrambling around for tickets. Now, I thought that families were important to the club, the support of the future and all that, but I’m seriously pissed off with this being pushed into the Merkland Family Stand, I likely won’t bother going now and I wonder how many others in our position may do likewise, what will that do to the crowd and atmosphere, simply move some fans while alienating others.

FFS min . Do you really think you won’t be able to get 3 or 4 seats together ?

FFS min . Do you really think you won’t be able to get 3 or 4 seats together ?

• Upvote 1

Trying new things is good... that's how progress is made.

Some of those new things will be shite and fail, but that should be no impediment to always looking to improve.

Too many people in the northeast seem to have a paralysing fear of change, though.

Try something new, this year.., you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Upvote 1

'Scrambling around for tickets' for a home game in the cup v Dumbarton. Ok.

I'll get you 4 tickets in a row if you want, there's loads around me in a league game, never mind a SC game against some dross.

PS leave the lad alone MT, at least he goes to the majority of games..

I’ve commented on this before Northofthedon and you have my sympathy. Do we need a singing (and preferably standing) section? Undoubtedly. Do we need a family section? Unquestionably. Do we have to squeeze them both alongside each other? No.

On a completely unrelated point. When did the home fans move out of the old beach end. I remember the whole stand given over to the filth and I remember part of the stand being sectioned off (the thin yalla vested line) for the smaller clubs fans.

On a completely unrelated point. When did the home fans move out of the old beach end. I remember the whole stand given over to the filth and I remember part of the stand being sectioned off (the thin yalla vested line) for the smaller clubs fans.

I think 82/83 was the first season the old Beach End was given to the away fans

I just went on the Aberdeen website and there's loads of seats in the RDL. Could get four together easily. It's reduced prices and better facilities at that end.

I'm actually surprised people aren't pushing for any singing section to be RDL lower rather than the merkland. Be easier to convince folk to buy tickets there surely.

I think you raise some good points but for this game it's a good trial. You will easily get 4 seats together in the other stands. If you sell it to the kids they are trying something different then I am sure they will enjoy it....as much as anyone watching Aberdeen V Dumbarton can.

Im not talking about a stand for an organised group just a standing section where, id assume, folk who are inclined to stand and be vocal can congregate.

Myself, i could never be fucked with the 90min non-stop ultra thing but fair play to those who can be arsed. But i do like a sing-song intermittently and to stand up and shout like fuck for 90mins so i think if we can house these types of vocal fan in the same place it should add to the atmos and hopefully the new place isnt a fucking morgue like the current ground.

The Merkland is far to big to be solely a family stand. It's half full on a good day. A cup game where season tickets are not valid is absolutely the right time to trial something else. I see dave Cormack has said 600 tickets have been sold so far, possibly more than there would have been in the Merkland normally for a game like this? Some people are put out only due to their own self imposed restrictiona. Cup game good chance to take the kids to another part of the ground no? I remember when I was little and the RDS was just built I was buzzing to go there for the first time.

I see dave Cormack has said 600 tickets have been sold so far, possibly more than there would have been in the Merkland normally for a game like this?

Well, hopefully but I wonder how many of that 800 would have gone to the game anyway but just sat in another stand? How many weren't going to go and are only now going because of the standing thing? I suspect that reduces the significance of the figure.