Dylan McGeough

I didn’t think the ‘splinters’ idiom, for benchwarmers, was that unusual? Is it remarkable that I’ve used it 9 times in the last couple of years?

Regardless, I do maintain that guys like Anderson and Campbell have spent too long ‘on the pine’ in recent times! I just feel that boys of that age should be playing football every week. IMO it’s not helping their development.

• Downvote 3

Why can't you just be happy and recognise that it's a great signing?

Because most of McInnes’s crock signings have been just that, crocks.

So we have been let down by so many & so often by them in the past & I have come to not expect much to change on the signing of crocked players. Regardless of how good you think they are. AND For example I would class (if both fit) Bryson as a better player than McGeouch.

I don’t think McGeough is a ‘great signing’ as you say. Regardless of fitness. I think he is a solid enough signing (if fit) he will hold down a regular start (if fit) but nothing spectacular.

Because most of McInnes’s crock signings have been just that, crocks.

So we have been let down by so many & so often by them in the past & I have come to not expect much to change on the signing of crocked players. Regardless of how good you think they are. AND For example I would class (if both fit) Bryson as a better player than McGeouch.

I don’t think McGeough is a ‘great signing’ as you say. Regardless of fitness. I think he is a solid enough signing (if fit) he will hold down a regular start (if fit) but nothing spectacular.

I feel sorry for you. You genuinely can't find any joy in anything.

Good signing on the face of it.

I liked McGeouch a lot at hibs... but coming from Sunderland he’ll be on a big wage. When we have first team players who occupy that role already, and massively glaring inadequacies elsewhere, I wonder if that sort of money could’ve been better spent elsewhere. We won’t need both Ojo and McGeouch against the majority of teams in this division.

Come on.  We have Ferguson (who we want further forwards), McGeough, and Ojo with Campbell as back up for a team that typically plays a central three depending on what he's doing full back wise (and winger wise).  Im not writing Bryson off but equally we clearly can't be depending on him either and it never takes much to convince me we've seen the best days of Mcginn either.  Hardly overstaffed in that area where suspension and injury will always loom large.   

Come on. We have Ferguson (who we want further forwards), McGeough, and Ojo with Campbell as back up for a team that typically plays a central three depending on what he's doing full back wise (and winger wise). Im not writing Bryson off but equally we clearly can't be depending on him either and it never takes much to convince me we've seen the best days of Mcginn either. Hardly overstaffed in that area where suspension and injury will always loom large.

Aye we’ll see... but I’ll have a starting left back, centre half, right back, attacking midfielder, and probably a winger and a decent alternative to Cosgrove, ahead of another holding midfielder in my list of priorities. As I said I do like McGeouch though.

Come on. We have Ferguson (who we want further forwards), McGeough, and Ojo with Campbell as back up for a team that typically plays a central three depending on what he's doing full back wise (and winger wise). Im not writing Bryson off but equally we clearly can't be depending on him either and it never takes much to convince me we've seen the best days of Mcginn either. Hardly overstaffed in that area where suspension and injury will always loom large.

Aye, you said that over an hour ago

• Upvote 1

I feel sorry for you. You genuinely can't find any joy in anything.

I find joy in plenty things. Being more of a realist than a fantasist as far as signings for Aberdeen doesn’t change this.

I have enjoyed plenty joy from Aberdeen signings such as, Ferguson, Cosgrove & Lewis extension. Even Bryson a little at the time.

The fact you choose to ignore this & just because i disagree with your opinion on some signings says more about your pathetic views & selective impressions or lack of capacity to individually asses signings or people’s opinions on them.

There have been plenty shockingly bad signings made by McInnes & I will judge each one as I see them rather than suck the cock of all McInnes does regardless of if it is good or bad.

Surprised you haven’t come out with your usual pish of ‘who do you think we could sign that is better’ like some form of justification that if nobody can suggest better then they don’t deserve an opinion on judgement on what we do sign

I didn’t think the ‘splinters’ idiom, for benchwarmers, was that unusual? Is it remarkable that I’ve used it 9 times in the last couple of years?

Regardless, I do maintain that guys like Anderson and Campbell have spent too long ‘on the pine’ in recent times! I just feel that boys of that age should be playing football every week. IMO it’s not helping their development.

Whatever you say Master.

F5384-F98-C972-47-DC-8-AFC-A06-BAB9-D7-E

GOOD SIGNING

Will be a regular and collect 4 caps for Scotland while playing for us. Will win no trophies but get a couple runners up medals. Will leave on a free transfer in summer 2022 to sign for Preston North End and never be capped again.

Haha.

He will have sign a pre contract with Preston in the jan but will stay til the summer and release a statement just before his last big cup game saying he’s determined to leave with a winners medal. We will then lose in the semi final, in front of 9k fans.

Haha.

He will have sign a pre contract with Preston in the jan but will stay til the summer and release a statement just before his last big cup game saying he’s determined to leave with a winners medal. We will then lose in the semi final, in front of 9k fans.

Stevie may will score the winner at Ibrox

I find joy in plenty things. Being more of a realist than a fantasist as far as signings for Aberdeen doesn’t change this.

I have enjoyed plenty joy from Aberdeen signings such as, Ferguson, Cosgrove & Lewis extension. Even Bryson a little at the time.

The fact you choose to ignore this & just because i disagree with your opinion on some signings says more about your pathetic views & selective impressions or lack of capacity to individually asses signings or people’s opinions on them.

There have been plenty shockingly bad signings made by McInnes & I will judge each one as I see them rather than suck the cock of all McInnes does regardless of if it is good or bad.

Surprised you haven’t come out with your usual pish of ‘who do you think we could sign that is better’ like some form of justification that if nobody can suggest better then they don’t deserve an opinion on judgement on what we do sign

You found joy in Bryson signing, a player who you said was a permacrock, yet can’t find any joy in McGeough signing?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fyvie, who left Aberdeen in 2012 for Wigan Athletic, believes a midfield trio of McGeouch, Craig Bryson and Lewis Ferguson will be very exciting for the Red Army to watch.

He added: “If you have Lewis Ferguson, Bryson and Dylan that is a really good midfield, in my eyes.

“Lewis, since joining, has really cemented his place in the Aberdeen team and he’s been really good at carrying out what Derek McInnes wants him to do.

“If they can have Dylan, Lewis and Craig all fit then it will only help Aberdeen in the second half of the season.

“They’re sitting in a good position at the minute and some good recruitment in January will only help the club for the rest of the season.”