Dylan McGeough

Fyvie, who left Aberdeen in 2012 for Wigan Athletic, believes a midfield trio of McGeouch, Craig Bryson and Lewis Ferguson will be very exciting for the Red Army to watch.

He added: “If you have Lewis Ferguson, Bryson and Dylan that is a really good midfield, in my eyes.

“Lewis, since joining, has really cemented his place in the Aberdeen team and he’s been really good at carrying out what Derek McInnes wants him to do.

“If they can have Dylan, Lewis and Craig all fit then it will only help Aberdeen in the second half of the season.

“They’re sitting in a good position at the minute and some good recruitment in January will only help the club for the rest of the season.”

90% of that video is just him, making a straight forward pass with nobody around him. There are some clips of him showing good ability in keeping possession, which is what we need, but not much infront of goal, which is also what we need. 

90% of that video is just him, making a straight forward pass with nobody around him.

aye..embarrassin fir the cunt thid made the vid..ez rasta pop soundtrack wis a fuckin embarrasment..ez wee highlite showreel eh passes wis duller thin dishwater..pit in a complaint tae youtube tae git it banned oan the grounds eh shyteness n tae ban the uploader..wee spoon burnin ned bastart cid yase a coupla month in iran ir cypress

90% of that video is just him, making a straight forward pass with nobody around him. There are some clips of him showing good ability in keeping possession, which is what we need, but not much infront of goal, which is also what we need. 

He's a good player. So long as he remains fit he'll be a big player for us.

You found joy in Bryson signing, a player who you said was a permacrock, yet can’t find any joy in McGeough signing?

Where & when did I ever label him a permacrock. I didn’t. You are speaking shite again.

However he’s has become one since he arrived & was actually injured when we did sign him.

McInnes has a long history of signing crocks though but I didn’t have Bryson down as one of them at time of signing.

Where & when did I ever label him a permacrock. I didn’t. You are speaking shite again.

However he’s has become one since he arrived & was actually injured when we did sign him.

McInnes has a long history of signing crocks though but I didn’t have Bryson down as one of them at time of signing.

It's something, I think, which is a definite strategy for McInnes.  I can't think of any other reason for it... it's probably gone beyond co-incidence?  I haven't followed McGeouch's career too closely, but there is a lot of chat on twitter (from Hibs fans mainly) about his terrible injury record.

I think McInnes maybe feels that taking a chance on players who've suffered bad injuries, potentially gives us access to a quality of footballer that would normally be out of our reach?  He needs to be careful though, if it is a strategy, it's really started to backfire...  

There's a guy playing a similar game in the pawn shop on George street. He's the manager, covered in shit tattoos, from Dundee. Was in a few weeks ago and he was saying

I've just bought all this top of the range recording equipment/ electronic equipment for his DJ work (lol). Get this (as he leaned in closer). Took it all out on a few credit cards. I'll be dead before they get the £ back. What's the worst they can do! Free money!

He was so adamant he had cracked finance I couldn't help but congratulate him.

• Downvote 1

There's a guy playing a similar game in the pawn shop on George street. He's the manager, covered in shit tattoos, from Dundee. Was in a few weeks ago and he was saying

I've just bought all this top of the range recording equipment/ electronic equipment for his DJ work (lol). Get this (as he leaned in closer). Took it all out on a few credit cards. I'll be dead before they get the £ back. What's the worst they can do! Free money!

Did he put his funeral on the cards, too?

sounds like captain caveman 

It's something, I think, which is a definite strategy for McInnes.  I can't think of any other reason for it... it's probably gone beyond co-incidence?  I haven't followed McGeouch's career too closely, but there is a lot of chat on twitter (from Hibs fans mainly) about his terrible injury record.

I think McInnes maybe feels that taking a chance on players who've suffered bad injuries, potentially gives us access to a quality of footballer that would normally be out of our reach?  He needs to be careful though, if it is a strategy, it's really started to backfire...

Yeah McGeough has had a few injuries (for his age) he was out for a good while at Hibs but in his final season he seemed to be pretty much an ever present.

We won’t know if his lack of games at Sunderland was due to injury or simply manager not wanting him in side.

I’m not really that worried about McGeough as far as injuries go yet though.

Sounds like he's desperate but not serious.

Its pretty obvious that is his thinking yep

I agree it is but you have to question at what point do we say it doesn't work...I suppose the next question would be how do we bring in high standard players without them having poor injury history. What other market is there for clubs with our budget? Loans from high end teams who are highly inconsistent?

I agree it is but you have to question at what point do we say it doesn't work...I suppose the next question would be how do we bring in high standard players without them having poor injury history. What other market is there for clubs with our budget? Loans from high end teams who are highly inconsistent?

Risk on young potential is my preference.

Likes of Ferguson & even Cosgrove

Even if we only had a small success rate with them it’s worth it & to his credit, McInnes has done well on this.

Of course there has to be a bit of both but I feel we are concentrating more on immediate success via potential injury risk players suddenly being fit or turning their form back on than the long term success via young potential

Not a dig as such as we are looking more now at youth it seems, since arrival of Ferguson/Cosgrove & potentially the Ross Co lad.

Please no more shite loans like that young fkr from Man City etc.

It would be nice if the spelling was correct in the thread title and posts.

It’s not difficult :-)

How many feckin spellings of McGeouch do we think we’ll see.

His name ends in “ouch”... which is apt for an injury prone player.

Careful, your name ends in ers!

You made an ers of that

• 6 months later...