Dylan McGeough

24 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

I'd bring him in for Ojo but not sure McInnes will change that quickly.

Surely if we signed him in January we intend him to be a starter, on his best form (last what, 2 years ago?) he'd be a better option than Ojo surely?

Campbell could end up being the option IMO.

McGeouch from Hibs would be one of the first names on our team sheet.  Not convinced that player still exists though!  Ojo I just do not trust.  Sometimes you can tell a lot from the comments of supporters from previous clubs.  All the scunny fans who commented on Ojo said he was nice and tidy when the teams was going well... but went missing when they were up against it.  Heart of a mouse.  I look back at those comments and it's difficult not to see a fair amount of truth there....

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Aye but people on here thought Lee Miller was shite , so that's where your argument falls down

Elborate on that please MT.  I am aware other people have different opinions on players.  I gave mine in the above.  I do not personally trust Ojo and I'm not sure McGeouch is going to be the same player.  I hope McGeouch comes good... but i'm worried he's the new May!  Ojo I'm fairly certain he'll be remembered as the flaky player he's proved to be up until this point. 

I know there are aberdeen fans who really rate Ojo - and that's fair enough.  This is an opinions forum.  Hopefully we win the league this year and stop 10IAR, anchor by a midfield of McGeouch and Ojo who dominate proceedings every week.  I wont hold my breath on that though.. 

I think his point was more if folk on here thought Lee Miller was shite then you can't read to much into what other fans are posting on forums.

Ojo had a shocker Saturday and should be dropped. Deano looks more than ready and I expect he will start. The truth is any of our centre mids could be dropped as they were all awful Saturday.

9 minutes ago, RUL said:

I think his point was more if folk on here thought Lee Miller was shite then you can't read to much into what other fans are posting on forums.

Ojo had a shocker Saturday and should be dropped. Deano looks more than ready and I expect he will start. The truth is any of our centre mids could be dropped as they were all awful Saturday.

The thing with Ojo is, he's quite hot or cold.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him start in a low pressure match against a much weaker opponent and throw in a very tidy performance.

With Ojo, I just feel fairly certain that if we play him for 38 matches, he's not going to improve us over the course of a season.  Hibs McGeouch does improve us.  If Campbell continues to develop and realises his potential, then he also improves us.  Again, that's just my opinion.

21 minutes ago, RUL said:

He looked desperately unfit to me. 

He can have zero complaints if either of Dean Campbell or Dylan McGeouch start ahead of him on Saturday.
McInnes really likes him though, so I think he’ll keep his place 

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hibs' McGeouch improves us I'd agree. The McGeouch from any other club he has played for doesn't. Ojo was shite on Saturday but overall I trust him marginally more than McGeouch to perform to a reasonable standard on a relatively consistent basis.

I think Campbell is at least the equal of both Mcgeouch and Ojo already and will go on to be far better than either. McInnes doesn't have the strength of character to put his trust in young 'eens on a regular basis though. 

He didn't get a game at Celtic and was in and out for Sunderland though to be fair... Hibs is the only place he's had regular football.  I'm concerned with what I've seen so far, just like every Dons fan, but maybe he should be given a really sustained run...  he was good for a very long time (in scottish football terms!) at Hibs.  Worth persisting with for the moment I reckon.

Hibs' McGeouch improves us I'd agree. The McGeouch from any other club he has played for doesn't. Ojo was shite on Saturday but overall I trust him marginally more than McGeouch to perform to a reasonable standard on a relatively consistent basis.

I think Campbell is at least the equal of both Mcgeouch and Ojo already and will go on to be far better than either. McInnes doesn't have the strength of character to put his trust in young 'eens on a regular basis though. 

3 hours ago, NEM said:

McGeouch and Ojo are both shite and at their age they're not going to improve much.  Time for Campbell to get a run

McInnes has bought some absolute shite, average or crocked "experienced" midfielders in the last 3 years.

Forrester, Gleeson, McGeouch, Ojo, Bryson off the top of my heid.

All on decent dough I'd guess.

Based primarily on Motherwell at Pittodrie (O-1) In the spring, is he not primarily left sided (or was that just Derek playing him out of position again). We surely have a bit of a log jam there with Hayes and Kennedy already (assuming he puts Considine straight back in).  Do we not make it worse squeezing in Dylan as well?  

whilst it seems I’m Ojo’s only fan surely St Johnston away is the kind of Ball retention game he was bought for?

• 3 weeks later...

He's still way off the pace. 

For various reasons he's hardly played any football in the last year or so. 

Out of favour at Sunderland 

Season cut short here shortly after arriving. 

False start to the season re covidgate. 

He needs a run of games.  It's a question mark whether he will get them, lots of competition for the central midfield positions now.  

He's a decent player and can boss that area when playing well. He played well last night especially considering his lack of game time recently, however the opposition was hardly top notch!

There's no doubt he was only selected and also playing the whole game because of the likely forthcoming suspension(s). But these guys need to be kept ticking over to be effective and that's one of the things that pisses me off with McInnes. In the current circumstances where there's the option to use 5 subs, and with our relatively massive squad, he doesn't rotate or utilise the bench enough. 

I've said a million times that he was bordering on being one of the best players in Scottish football in his last year at Hibs.

So there is clearly a player there and I hope we still get that out of him.

I'd hate to write him off in this transfer window.

I think he's a better overall fit than Ojo.

4 minutes ago, Macski said:

He's a decent player and can boss that area when playing well. He played well last night especially considering his lack of game time recently, however the opposition was hardly top notch!

There's no doubt he was only selected and also playing the whole game because of the likely forthcoming suspension(s). But these guys need to be kept ticking over to be effective and that's one of the things that pisses me off with McInnes. In the current circumstances where there's the option to use 5 subs, and with our relatively massive squad, he doesn't rotate or utilise the bench enough. 

It was 3 subs tonight.

In the league games he's used 4, 5 and 5 subs.

20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It was 3 subs tonight.

In the league games he's used 4, 5 and 5 subs.

Aye OK that makes it look like he's on top of it currently, but has he been previously? How many of those in the league were for 10 minutes or less? I know it can be a tactic, to break up the game or for a knock etc. But apart from resting the guy going off, what do those few minutes do for the guy coming on? 

For instance we're going to be relying on Ferguson and McCrorie a lot going forward, last night the game was well won by 49mins, Campbell and Hernandez could have done with half an hour each, and he could still have the short term or "cover" substitutions for later. 

8 minutes ago, Macski said:

Aye OK that makes it look like he's on top of it currently, but has he been previously? How many of those in the league were for 10 minutes or less? I know it can be a tactic, to break up the game or for a knock etc. But apart from resting the guy going off, what do those few minutes do for the guy coming on? 

For instance we're going to be relying on Ferguson and McCrorie a lot going forward, last night the game was well won by 49mins, Campbell and Hernandez could have done with half an hour each, and he could still have the short term or "cover" substitutions for later. 

He's definitely been on it with the subs against Saints and Livvie making use of the ability to take 'free' subs at half time.

2 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

Out of Bryson, Ojo, Campbell and McGeough. McGeough is the best in my opinion. 

Reasonable game last night, but did not have much to do in reality. 

I’d go for McGeouch to,hes more mobile than ojo and not as brittle as Bryson. Campbell I can let off as he’s young but better start producing on a regular basis to get in the team 

He was ok last night...bearing in mind his lack of football both with Sunderland and then with last season getting called just as he was starting to show some good form with us. But the opposition was poor and there were at least 2 occasions where they caught McGeouch in possession (one was more of a shit pass he made) that a better side than Runavik would certainly made more of. 

I'm still certain that Mcinnes views Ojo as his number one choice at defensive midfield (although it depends on what McCrorie was signed to do, the player himself says defensive mid is what he considers his best position but we have used him elsewhere so far). If he gets supplanted by Ojo and/or McCrorie and stays a bench option, I'm not sure he will want to hang around too long with us.

• 2 months later...