Aberdeen V Sevco (Post-Match Reaction)

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

that doesn't make sense

How can the other 10 teams struggle to find games?

Play each other?

Thats exactly what we did. A bizarre statement from V there like. Most clubs got ample pre season games against higher level opposition than the normal pre season opponents. 

We played St Johnstone, Hibs and Ross County, when we normally play Locos and Peterhead. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

that doesn't make sense

How can the other 10 teams struggle to find games?

Play each other?

Think his point was more celtic played lyon/lille - as did rangers. We played 3 games, one was at Cormack park.

They also played numerous other games, including Coventry I think for the huns.

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Well if he meant that, he didn't say it

As dazzy pointed out, we played higher quality games than we usually do, anyway 

Correct but normally we've also played European games so there's a degree of match sharpness. Last 3 seasons we've played 7 official matches before our first league game. We've probably played bounce matches too. This year we've not played in 5 months and played 3 bounce matches in effect making endless subs. I think we had a 4th game planned V Dundee Utd which they called off at late notice but the preparation hasn't been good for us.

In fairness to the hun....nah fuck them.

ok seriously, they needed to be ready for us re the TIAR pish and Leverkusen this week.  Should they sustain any injuries they will splurge yet more credit on a replacement or 3.

Derek on the other hand plays the long game.  Having written off the chances of any points from this fixture anyway and without the usual July Euro scedule I’m guessing he’s looking for peak fitness for the middle of the month ready for the Euro ties.

Hed have told them he expected them all to be fit for Saturday.  But was he absolutely demanding it?  Doubt it.

ok seriously, they needed to be ready for us re the TIAR pish and Leverkusen this week.  Should they sustain any injuries they will splurge yet more credit on a replacement or 3.

Derek on the other hand plays the long game.  Having written off the chances of any points from this fixture anyway and without the usual July Euro scedule I’m guessing he’s looking for peak fitness for the middle of the month ready for the Euro ties.

Hed have told them he expected them all to be fit for Saturday.  But was he absolutely demanding it?  Doubt it.

4 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Thats exactly what we did. A bizarre statement from V there like. Most clubs got ample pre season games against higher level opposition than the normal pre season opponents. 

We played St Johnstone, Hibs and Ross County, when we normally play Locos and Peterhead. 

Dont we normally play about 6 games? Maybe I'm mistaken and 3 games is the norm.

Edit just to add I don't think playing familiar opponent's from our own league is ideal for pre season either.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I know what you mean, I think we often play our first competitive games a bit short of sharpness in an (flawed?) attempt to save the players for later in the season.

Think back to how we've looked in our early euro games the last few years. We've often toiled against weak opposition in the first round.

However anyone wants to dress it up with regards to how many games we've played or should have played in pre season, we were woefully underprepared for the task at hand. 

Huns never got out of 2nd gear. We never made the keeper make a meaningful save, our ball retention was embarrassingly shite. We know they like to have the ball, and the way around that is to implement a high press, but as others have said, many players looked knackered after around half an hour. 

But then again, your manager is in the press saying how good the opposition are and how wonderful the opposing manager is, and you don't have fans in the stadium, what do you expect? 

Saturday was the result of the team having only the management staff and eachother to motivate them. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

However anyone wants to dress it up with regards to how many games we've played or should have played in pre season, we were woefully underprepared for the task at hand. 

Huns never got out of 2nd gear. We never made the keeper make a meaningful save, our ball retention was embarrassingly shite. We know they like to have the ball, and the way around that is to implement a high press, but as others have said, many players looked knackered after around half an hour. 

But then again, your manager is in the press saying how good the opposition are and how wonderful the opposing manager is, and you don't have fans in the stadium, what do you expect? 

Saturday was the result of the team having only the management staff and eachother to motivate them. 

Probably something in that as well.

Widely predicted that he would give ultimate respect to his first love.

a spineless tactician and one who has taken the dons as far as he can. 

people who play for rangers have something mentally missing and that much is evident in McInnes.

Hes destined to never be a success as a manager as he can't get over his love for Rangers. Shame

22 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Ferguson needs to get the fuck away from McDonald's drive thrus

as a hun, he was never going to bust a gut in the famous 10IAR season. Expect him to be poor in all the games against them.

i don't know why people expect a different mentality from individuals who encourage the success of that disgusting organisation 

10 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Widely predicted that he would give ultimate respect to his first love.

a spineless tactician and one who has taken the dons as far as he can. 

people who play for rangers have something mentally missing and that much is evident in McInnes.

Hes destined to never be a success as a manager as he can't get over his love for Rangers. Shame

He also will always believe they are far better than us and this mentality is passed on to the players, our manager just doesn't believe we can defeat his beloved. His mentality is all wrong for our club with respect to both of the scum

It’s just getting the balance though.  You don’t want a Romanov “We’re going to win the Champions League” mentalist.  You want someone who will sit down and methodically  Seek to exploit their weaknesses, of which there are still several.  Won’t (at least shouldn’t in a fair fight which it most certainly isn’t) immediately bring us 2nd or better, but at least we’d go toe to toe in an individual game for a change.  And take it from there.

6 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

It’s just getting the balance though.  You don’t want a Romanov “We’re going to win the Champions League” mentalist.  You want someone who will sit down and methodically  Seek to exploit their weaknesses, of which there are still several.  Won’t (at least shouldn’t in a fair fight which it most certainly isn’t) immediately bring us 2nd or better, but at least we’d go toe to toe in an individual game for a change.  And take it from there.

Problem being he sees their strengths rather than their weaknesses. One of which is the counter attack. So he worries too much about that.

You pressure their players - especially Goldson. They aren’t use to it and they don’t like it. Also get some crosses in to test mr angry who stays on his line. We did the latter once all game and it nearly paid off.

21 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I think you are reaching with this, he had a poor game, he wasn't the only one.

He was totally anonymous. Couldn't tell if he was poor or not.

As for Poodler's hun comment......I actually think he may well end up at Celtic in the future (via an ECL club). His old man and Uncle Barry the Fud are both pretty much persona non grata down Govan way these days

54 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Tends to be pretty loyal. Outwardly blaming Kennedy for the goal wasn’t like him.  I’ll say Hayes for Considine enforced and Leeds boy (what is his name ffs) for Anderson.

edit: Edmondson you forgetful prick

Then who replaces Hayes since he started on Saturday?