Ronald Hernández

17 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

The best explanation is we never spent £800k (to be proved / disproved when the accounts come out in first week December)

Second explanation is he was going to Atlanta in the summer but covid messed up timings (possibly relating to Atlanta players moving to Europe).

Atlanta could still stick to their side of the bargain and give us our money back in January. Allowing us to sign Campbell/Gallagher/Findlay with the cash. 

Certainly is a strange situation surrounding Ronnie.

Like others,  I'd be interested to know if we did actually shell out £800k on this lad. Also like to know the plan going forward with him. Is he, as we all suspect going to move on to Atlanta or is he to remain here and fight for his place? The question needs answered at the AGM. I suspect the fact it's not been asked at pre-match press conferences suggests that it's an off limits topic. That to me suggests it's not a footballing matter, but more of a personal nature. Perhaps 4-5 months sitting on his own in the house during the first national lockdown has done him no good mentally whatsoever. And even when out of lockdown, being unable to get your missus and newborn over here to join you would be tough. That doesn't help us though, and whilst the club has a duty of care, we've spunked a lot of cash in transfer fee and wages on someone we can't use.

49 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

The best explanation is we never spent £800k (to be proved / disproved when the accounts come out in first week December)

Second explanation is he was going to Atlanta in the summer but covid messed up timings (possibly relating to Atlanta players moving to Europe).

Why would Cormack himself come out and say that figure then?

8 minutes ago, minijc said:

Why would Cormack himself come out and say that figure then?

Not a lot of it makes any sense.

However my belief is if Aberdeen Football Club paid £800,000 bank transfer on January 31st (i.e. not contingent on playing games, internationals. i.e. not a payment plan over the five years of the contract) then the manager, however much clout and respect he has, would be forced to play/involve him.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Not a lot of it makes any sense.

However my belief is if Aberdeen Football Club paid £800,000 bank transfer on January 31st (i.e. not contingent on playing games, internationals. i.e. not a payment plan over the five years of the contract) then the manager, however much clout and respect he has, would be forced to play/involve him.

I didn't think any transfer fees are paid in one lump sum these days?  ....or is that just Sevco?

Just now, Sonoftherock said:

I didn't think any transfer fees are paid in one lump sum these days?  ....or is that just Sevco?

One explanation for the punt could be he was only on £700/week in Norway or something and has shit advisors and we managed to persuade him to sign for five years on £1k/week. Paying the £800k across the five years would work him out cheaper than we probably normally pay a full back at AFC.

Who knows what the story is. Looking forward to finding out.

My money is on the accounts not showing £800k for 2019-2020 and for him to move on an 11 month loan to Atlanta in January.

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

That's what is so galling about this!  Come christmas time, with FIndlay and Campbell out of contract in the summer, 800k would probably secure both those players... with a wee bit left to spare!

So frustrating that we've wasted that money on Ronny!

I doubt it was funded by us, which is why there's no explanation or apparent panic with regards to the fact he isn't even in match day squads. 

I also believe that up until he recently went on international duty with Venezuela, he hadn't seen his wife and daughter for like 9 month or something. 

If that's the case, that might explain his lack of game time, his head is elsewhere, understandable too. Not speaking much English, living in a foreign country and being thousands of miles from family in the middle of a pandemic can't be easy. 

I do hope he comes good because Matty Kennedy is not a defender! 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

One explanation for the punt could be he was only on £700/week in Norway or something and has shit advisors and we managed to persuade him to sign for five years on £1k/week. Paying the £800k across the five years would work him out cheaper than we probably normally pay a full back at AFC.

My money is on the accounts not showing £800k for 2019-2020 and for him to move on an 11 month loan to Atlanta in January.

Tord, as I recall, you are an accountant yourself?  If so, you have presumably cast an eye over our numbers in years gone past...  Have we ever paid any of our recent transfer fee in a lump sum?

18 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Tord, as I recall, you are an accountant yourself?  If so, you have presumably cast an eye over our numbers in years gone past...  Have we ever paid any of our recent transfer fee in a lump sum?

Yes.

We've not paid or received anything exciting in recent years to merit a complicated payment/incentive structure.

Kenny McLean and Ferguson were lump sums. Rooney to Salford was one payment. Stockley came in two payments only because we had a sell on.

I would guess in this accounts that Funso Ojo, Mark Gallagher and Matty Kennedy will all be one payment. The number will be there for all to read as to what we paid in 2019/20 for Ojo + Gallagher + Kennedy + Hernandez. Is that figure going to say £1,000k. What we MUST honour on their contracts e.g. we are due more needs to be declared. If it's doubtful if we owe more (e.g. waiting on Ojo dutch caps, a Gallagher debut or Kennedy Irish caps) then that's a bit of a grey area whether we need to declare that or not.

Will there be any mention of McKenna? There does not need to be as it falls in to the following year but it might be relevant if we are reporting a sticky wicket at 30 June 2020.

Another interesting point..... what about this insurance claim that we were jumping up and down about but then it went all quiet? Is that some good news?

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Are you sure about the £700 figure?

I'm pretty sure that cleaners and labourers get more than that.

On 11/9/2020 at 4:09 AM, Tord31 said:

Guess the COVID drops will disguise a lot of things

On 11/9/2020 at 4:25 AM, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Point 1.  My point exactly.  We either a/didn’t spend 800k or b/there was a book figure of 800k involved but it was never intended as a first team player - rather as a stepping stone to Atlanta or wherever.

We may be absolute mugs but refusing to play a £800k Player would be a whole new level.  We insisted on playing Brian O’Neil for fuck sake.

It’s just weird, McInnes will always play HIS signings & give them more than enough time to prove themselves 

Gallagher was a weird one also though, was he a McInnes loan signing & he insisted he played even though he was shite or was he a forced loan that McInnes was made to play far more games than he should? Hernandez hasn’t fitted into any of these examples though, other than looking pretty shite. 

On 11/9/2020 at 6:53 AM, Tord31 said:

Yes.

We've not paid or received anything exciting in recent years to merit a complicated payment/incentive structure.

Kenny McLean and Ferguson were lump sums. Rooney to Salford was one payment. Stockley came in two payments only because we had a sell on.

I would guess in this accounts that Funso Ojo, Mark Gallagher and Matty Kennedy will all be one payment. The number will be there for all to read as to what we paid in 2019/20 for Ojo + Gallagher + Kennedy + Hernandez. Is that figure going to say £1,000k. What we MUST honour on their contracts e.g. we are due more needs to be declared. If it's doubtful if we owe more (e.g. waiting on Ojo dutch caps, a Gallagher debut or Kennedy Irish caps) then that's a bit of a grey area whether we need to declare that or not.

Will there be any mention of McKenna? There does not need to be as it falls in to the following year but it might be relevant if we are reporting a sticky wicket at 30 June 2020.

Another interesting point..... what about this insurance claim that we were jumping up and down about but then it went all quiet? Is that some good news?

£1,000k?

is this the new way accountants write £1m @Tord31

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Guess the COVID drops will disguise a lot of things

It’s just weird, McInnes will always play HIS signings & give them more than enough time to prove themselves 

Gallagher was a weird one also though, was he a McInnes loan signing & he insisted he played even though he was shite or was he a forced loan that McInnes was made to play far more games than he should? Hernandez hasn’t fitted into any of these examples though, other than looking pretty shite. 

£1,000k?

is this the new way accountants write £1m @Tord31

Haha. Aye