Ronald Hernández

On 11/9/2020 at 10:21 AM, maryhilldon said:

That's where your DNA money went.  Last season it was Wilson.  You're subbing the wages of charlatans. 

I'm not sure why the club seem unable to get the marketing right around dna. Saying dna money paid for Wilson was a big pr failure. 

All they have to say is that dna helped us be able to pay a fee for the likes of Ferguson or McCrorie.  Or allowed us to extend the contracts of some of the younger players.  People would be completely on board with that message. 

Dna should be about bringing in or retaining young talent.  Not for spending on loans or journeymen.  

I know it's all from the same wage bill at the end of the day but it should be an easy job to get positive pr from. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not sure why the club seem unable to get the marketing right around dna. Saying dna money paid for Wilson was a big pr failure. 

All they have to say is that dna helped us be able to pay a fee for the likes of Ferguson or McCrorie.  Or allowed us to extend the contracts of some of the younger players.  People would be completely on board with that message. 

Dna should be about bringing in or retaining young talent.  Not for spending on loans or journeymen.  

I know it's all from the same wage bill at the end of the day but it should be an easy job to get positive pr from. 

Exactly.

Common sense.

And stops fans spouting shite about it & being unnecessarily negative about it. 

Sign up for it or don’t, that’s choice, just don’t criticise folk for trying to help the club. 

11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Exactly.

Common sense.

And stops fans spouting shite about it & being unnecessarily negative about it. 

Sign up for it or don’t, that’s choice, just don’t criticise folk for trying to help the club. 

Absolutely.  I just don't get the criticism!  I think it's just a grippit Aberdonian thing.  Fair enough if you don't want to contribute yourself for whatever reason - but surely every fan should be grateful for another really significant revenue stream?  The Edinburgh clubs both have similar schemes and I doubt large sections of the support hammer the club about it!  

Having said that, as was mentioned above, agree with the comment about Wilson.  That was a PR own-goal from the club - I remember it well and I folk ended up using it as a stick to bash DNA! 

50 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Absolutely.  I just don't get the criticism!  I think it's just a grippit Aberdonian thing.  Fair enough if you don't want to contribute yourself for whatever reason - but surely every fan should be grateful for another really significant revenue stream?  The Edinburgh clubs both have similar schemes and I doubt large sections of the support hammer the club about it!  

Having said that, as was mentioned above, agree with the comment about Wilson.  That was a PR own-goal from the club - I remember it well and I folk ended up using it as a stick to bash DNA! 

Yip, cunts moaning for moaning sake. 

Only thing I have against the (potential) risk of AberDNA is if the club use it to sneak the actual clubs contributions to the playing budget down & use the funds in AberDNA as a substitute.

Nothing to suggest this has or will happen but certainly would have expected such under the previous chairman that’s for sure.

If it’s used as 100% ADDED bonus to the playing budget & as such improves us then there’s fk all wrong with that.

Some bitter fkrs will always complain if they think members are getting wee benefits from it, even if the benefits are minimal. 

Folk that pretend they have FIVE memberships are proper ‘members’ though, from tip to hinge end

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Only thing I have against the (potential) risk of AberDNA is if the club use it to sneak the actual clubs contributions to the playing budget down & use the funds in AberDNA as a substitute.

Nothing to suggest this has or will happen but certainly would have expected such under the previous chairman that’s for sure.

If it’s used as 100% ADDED bonus to the playing budget & as such improves us then there’s fk all wrong with that.

Some bitter fkrs will always complain if they think members are getting wee benefits from it, even if the benefits are minimal. 

Folk that pretend they have FIVE memberships are proper ‘members’ though, from tip to hinge end

Agreed, could cancel my DD at any time..

I’m not sure why people put aberdna down I always thought it was more aimed at people like me who want to put money into the club but can’t justify a season ticket, as we live to far away or have other responsibilities. If people who have season tickets also want to take it out all the better

12 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’m not sure why people put aberdna down I always thought it was more aimed at people like me who want to put money into the club but can’t justify a season ticket, as we live to far away or have other responsibilities. If people who have season tickets also want to take it out all the better

Agree 100%
Aberdonians are moaning cunts by nature though. 

6 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Well boys and girls.

There you go.

Ojo + Kennedy + Gallagher + Hernandez =

Drum roll please.........

£1,277,000

I'm actually wondering if we are forgetting anyone.... it's a lot of money

1/5 is not a good strike rate for this level of spending. Including Dylan Mc

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Good to see Ronnie get some charity minutes.

Hope he can get 2 or 3 more minutes midweek

Just get him released from this nightmare. He’s got no future at AFC and the longer he stays the less chance he’s got of having a football career.

Poor cunt.

4 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Just get him released from this nightmare. He’s got no future at AFC and the longer he stays the less chance he’s got of having a football career.

Poor cunt.

Difficult one cos of the fee we paid.

Keeping him captive for five years is a better idea. He'll be better than Logan before too much longer.