Ronald Hernández

7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

If you are upset that McInnes lied about the transfer it’s time to have a good look at yourself. 

I'm trying to.. but I'm more surprised others aren't pissed off about it! 

When I have a proper good look at myself - I'm probably the archetypal 'Happy Clapper' in some folks eyes... I pay RedTV international, I pay DNA international, I make a point of putting some money through the club shop every year too.  I do this regardless of the state of the product on the pitch.  I do moan when we're playing shite - granted!  However, this latest nonsense doesn't sit well with me at all, on a number of levels. When you start spinning yarns, lying to your customers and making stories about scouts, signings, transfer fees, etc, for no apparent reason... it just feels like something isn't right - and might be symptomatic of some deeper issues.  If these layers of bullshit are being fed to the supporters, what's going on behind closed doors?

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

I'm trying to.. but I'm more surprised others aren't pissed off about it! 

When I have a proper good look at myself - I'm probably the archetypal 'Happy Clapper' in some folks eyes... I pay RedTV international, I pay DNA international, I make a point of putting some money through the club shop every year too.  I do this regardless of the state of the product on the pitch.  I do moan when we're playing shite - granted!  However, this latest nonsense doesn't sit well with me at all, on a number of levels. When you start spinning yarns, lying to your customers and making stories about scouts, signings, transfer fees, etc, for no apparent reason... it just feels like something isn't right - and might be symptomatic of some deeper issues.  If these layers of bullshit are being fed to the supporters, what's going on behind closed doors?

No one has any idea of the story but here’s my take.

Signed random foreigner off back of Atlanta recommendation, probably with the view of a move there at some point. McInnes makes transfer sound like we’ve researched a bit more (nae really a big deal). Player isn’t great in eyes of the manager and doesn’t play. Moves to Atlanta for fee (that we still don’t know, could be profit?). 

4 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I think to instigate the positive change you desire, SOTR, you could start by bringing Tup back.

I believe in you 

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I second that emotion. It's the right thing to do. The forum is drowning in shit. 

That's above my pay grade I'm afraid... you'll have to negotiate with the top brass on that matter!

I heard a rumour he was planning an unauthorised comeback... what happened?

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The club is shit. The product is shit. The old chairman was shit. The new one will prove to be shit is my prediction but until the shit manager gets moved on, the game's a bogey. 

I had/have high hopes for him... but if he's behind this latest charade, and that is how he conducts his business, then we should definitely be concerned.

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

Tup would save this place. 

You'd be fighting with him, within a matter of days... 

Really don't understand why people are getting themselves in a state over this deal, personally I think its an amazing deal for us and don't understand why anyone would dislike it.

The way I see it is Atlanta who work very closely with his agent said to Cormack why don't you sign this boy, if he has an immense season and suddenly we have English teams offering us 5 million for him in a years time we all profit from it financially, if it doesn't work out we will take him off your hands for the fee that has been agreed. As far as Cormack and Derek are concerned they cant really lose out of it either, the guy is extensively looked at on electronic scouting technology and although he doesn't stand out he doesn't look terrible either. We can take him in and if it works out it looks good for both the club and him, if it doesn't work out we still get our money back and the guy moves closer to home.

As it proved, it was the latter, he was just ok and didn't really settle.  

I and probably Cormack and McInnes both wish that they had the same option with every player we sign that we could just get our money back if it didn't work out. I really hope this is the first of many deals like this as hopefully one of them can unearth a star who can make us and Atlanta a lot of money.

I fully applaud every one at the club for giving it a go. Didn't work out, we move on. I think in the future its more likely that the next player we will take in like this will be an attacking player who can makes a difference in the final third as oppose to a defender.

People getting upset really need to get a grip, I don't believe we were lied to at any point, we just were not told the full story as we really didn't need to be told the full story because it was never going to impact us as fans as to whether we knew the details of the deal.  

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Really don't understand why people are getting themselves in a state over this deal, personally I think its an amazing deal for us and don't understand why anyone would dislike it.

The way I see it is Atlanta who work very closely with his agent said to Cormack why don't you sign this boy, if he has an immense season and suddenly we have English teams offering us 5 million for him in a years time we all profit from it financially, if it doesn't work out we will take him off your hands for the fee that has been agreed. As far as Cormack and Derek are concerned they cant really lose out of it either, the guy is extensively looked at on electronic scouting technology and although he doesn't stand out he doesn't look terrible either. We can take him in and if it works out it looks good for both the club and him, if it doesn't work out we still get our money back and the guy moves closer to home.

As it proved, it was the latter, he was just ok and didn't really settle.  

I and probably Cormack and McInnes both wish that they had the same option with every player we sign that we could just get our money back if it didn't work out. I really hope this is the first of many deals like this as hopefully one of them can unearth a star who can make us and Atlanta a lot of money.

I fully applaud every one at the club for giving it a go. Didn't work out, we move on. I think in the future its more likely that the next player we will take in like this will be an attacking player who can makes a difference in the final third as oppose to a defender.

People getting upset really need to get a grip, I don't believe we were lied to at any point, we just were not told the full story as we really didn't need to be told the full story because it was never going to impact us as fans as to whether we knew the details of the deal.  

Such a deal just sounds too good to be true. The fact he’s only been given about 2-3 hours of football in a year when we have been without a natural right back or wing back makes me think it’s much more likely the whole thing was engineered for Atlanta’s benefit, if we stood to gain something from him being decent I suspect we would have actually given him an opportunity. It’s not unusual for us to persevere with some poor players if we’ve recently signed them.

The entire thing feels dodgy.

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I had/have high hopes for him... but if he's behind this latest charade, and that is how he conducts his business, then we should definitely be concerned.

You'd be fighting with him, within a matter of days... 

I believe you refer to this type of thing as 'box office'. ?

16 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Atlanta wanted him but they'd filled their foreign player quota,  so they gave us the money to sign him.  Then once they freed up a quota place they bought him from us.  We were just a half way house. 

Is the correct answer. 

But what a state some people are getting in over this deal. On this platform and other snake pits like FB and twitter. 

45 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Is the correct answer. 

But what a state some people are getting in over this deal. On this platform and other snake pits like FB and twitter. 

If this was the real deal. Who picked up all his wages & expenses during his complete waste of our time?

Them giving us back the ‘fee’ doesn’t make this deal any more acceptable 

They fkd us over with that shite Gallagher as well. They are treating us like mugs. Cormack is either in this with them, or also being treated as a mug as well.

• Downvote 2
19 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If this was the real deal. Who picked up all his wages & expenses during his complete waste of our time?

Them giving us back the ‘fee’ doesn’t make this deal any more acceptable 

They fkd us over with that shite Gallagher as well. They are treating us like mugs. Cormack is either in this with them, or also being treated as a mug as well.

Of course Cormack is a willing party. 

He brought them in. 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Assume he must be.

”yeah sure, we’ll buy a player for you as long as you buy him afterwards, the mugs will pay his wages & look after him in the meantime” 

I don't like this type of deal either.  Being a subordinate to an Mls outfit isn't exactly a dream is it? 

But we'll be told by some to be grateful for what we've got. This is modern football apparently and clubs like Aberdeen need to know their place. 

Oh and by the way some Notts Forest fans like Scotty so that's great, we might get some cash there too. 

Fuck Notts Forest 

Fuck their fans

Fuck Scott McKenna 

Fuck Atlanta 

Oh and fuck Livingston and their crappy pitch. 

Get the fucking transfer window open. 

47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't like this type of deal either.  Being a subordinate to an Mls outfit isn't exactly a dream is it? 

But we'll be told by some to be grateful for what we've got. This is modern football apparently and clubs like Aberdeen need to know their place. 

Oh and by the way some Notts Forest fans like Scotty so that's great, we might get some cash there too. 

Fuck Notts Forest 

Fuck their fans

Fuck Scott McKenna 

Fuck Atlanta 

Subordinates to a rich ‘soccer ball’ team from MURICA  bitches.

Not sure I see the what all the fuss is about. Potentially it could of been a great signing and provided a profit from a future transfer (s). At least with this partnership we essentially get our money back with limited harm done. 

Where were Atlanta when the likes of Paul Bernard and Brian O'Neil did not work out for us? Even if the end goal was for Ronnie to play for Atlanta we potentially could of benefited by having a decent player coming to us who was normally out of the clubs reach. 

It has not worked out but the signing of the Irish midfielder from the lower leagues in England was by far a worst transfer. 

18 minutes ago, super_al said:

Not sure I see the what all the fuss is about. Potentially it could of been a great signing and provided a profit from a future transfer (s). At least with this partnership we essentially get our money back with limited harm done. 

Where were Atlanta when the likes of Paul Bernard and Brian O'Neil did not work out for us? Even if the end goal was for Ronnie to play for Atlanta we potentially could of benefited by having a decent player coming to us who was normally out of the clubs reach. 

It has not worked out but the signing of the Irish midfielder from the lower leagues in England was by far a worst transfer. 

Are you dim?

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Fuck Notts Forest 

Fuck their fans

Fuck Scott McKenna 

Fuck Atlanta 

Not like you to be so angry 

On the cans? ?

44 minutes ago, super_al said:

Ah, but there’s your problem.  A player out of our reach?  Is that judgement based on playing record in Norway (shite), the limited amount we saw of him (arite at best in a natural position don’t forget where we didn’t have an obvious alternative) or the crucial fact someone, somewhere certainly not McInnes, valued him at £800k.