Ronald Hernández

20 minutes ago, Millertime said:

There must be

I get notifications that "someone has reacted to a post" within seconds of posting it - and it's never positive

So it must be automatic as there is noway people are sitting just waiting to minus me

It's either that or people genuinely don't like what i have to say and I doubt that highly 

I would have given you a +1 there but I ran out of +1’s on Matt Armstrong’s dug 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
22 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Archibald was a superb footballer, an inspired piece of scouting and recruitment. The fact he spent the next eight years at two clubs like Spurs and Barcelona was testament to his quality.

Football has changed a LOT since then but the principles of identifying good talent and developing their skills hasn't, functions that AFC have been very poor at for far too long.

Will always remember him at Celtic Park ripping them to bits. Beautiful man. 

He only cost us 20k from Clyde, great bit of business by McNeill. My mate nicknamed him Jesus cos of his long hair and trademark untucked shirt (especially the white away strip) and of course the minor miracles he could pull off with a football. He was 1st division top scorer in his first season at Spurs. 

Even then in my early teens having seen a reasonable but not a massive amount of football I just knew he was destined for bigger things. It wasn't just his goal scoring he was really good at reading the game and splitting defences with his passes. Also his free kicks were superb. Definitely made a big impression on me and my mates and was gutted when he left. But than McGhee started banging in the goals so being the fickle youth were we soon forgot about Jesus ?

On 2/11/2021 at 1:18 AM, maryhilldon said:

Shouldn't have been signing so many damn Weegies if you ask me.  AFC should be a local club for local people. 

In an ideal world, I do agree with you min.

Before that most of our players were recruited from the local area, however a new approach and strategy was adopted when Eddie Turnbull arrived after Tommy Pearson was sacked, and overall it certainly was for the benefit for everyone connected to our club. 

• Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

This debacle is another reason Q&A cancelled, DC has no answer to the situation with Hernandez! Scandalous 

When the Q&A was announced I was assuming that Hernandez would be sold before Tuesday.

Also a shambles we've now given away his #22 shirt so he's not even a registered player. I know that's not relevant but we've even given up keeping up any charade haha

He's gone lads and he isn't coming back. 

Whatever financial and contractual arrangements they've made to have him here for a year they're not going to tell us even if asked. 

I still believe we made an arrangement with Atlanta. 

If Atlanta don't want him now then they'll have to pay Ronnie up to let him go somewhere else and reconcile any financial agreement with us. 

Whatever happens he isn't coming back. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He's gone lads and he isn't coming back. 

Whatever financial and contractual arrangements they've made to have him here for a year they're not going to tell us even if asked. 

I still believe we made an arrangement with Atlanta. 

If Atlanta don't want him now then they'll have to pay Ronnie up to let him go somewhere else and reconcile any financial agreement with us. 

Whatever happens he isn't coming back. 

spacer.png

• Upvote 1