Coronavirus

Henry

17 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Pretty sure she doesnt want to be doing that daily tv appearance. 

When it all started it was deemed appropriate by both governments that they would communicate daily with the public via tv. Boris probably chucked it ages ago but Sturgeon still does it. 

I'd disagree there - she was still doing them when there hadn't been a Covid death for about a month.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

True. She sought to make an example of the AFC footballers in particular, in the vain hope that it would affect us all in Scotland. She set a precedent that she can't possibly follow and therefore the original local lockdown measure was unsound, unjust and a bad mistake.

What I don't understand is the restrictions in Aberdeen worked, albeit controversial.

The restrictions in Glasgow have had no impact whatsoever.

I think Aberdeen was largely unlucky to be the first outbreak, wanted to make an example of someone but utterly pointless when you don't follow it through elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

That’s a huge misapprehension of those that go after people who criticise sturgeon, they automatically assume they are supporters of the tories and not in favour of independence. The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. I’m surprised you have fallen in to that trap rocket. 

Head over to Twitter and a very very large percentage of her critics on there are Brexit, Tory, Union Jack waving weirdos. 

That is taking a sample from Twitter, which is a cesspit of scum, but it;s not far wrong. 

Guest the shepherd

With further needless restrictions in place from today for, at least, the next 3 weeks, I just wish to clarify something regarding the wearing-of-face-mask rule in pubs. 

We now have to wear a mask when we enter and leave a pub, and if we are to go to the bog during a session in a pub, as well as remaining 1 metre apart from fellow patrons. 

Will I be breaking the law if I decide to remove my mask when depositing human waste, bearing in mind, if I keep it on microscopic traces of my pish will disperse into the air and settle and congregate on my face mask, completely defeating the purpose of wearing one as it is now contaminated?

7 minutes ago, the shepherd said:

With further needless restrictions in place from today for, at least, the next 3 weeks, I just wish to clarify something regarding the wearing-of-face-mask rule in pubs. 

We now have to wear a mask when we enter and leave a pub, and if we are to go to the bog during a session in a pub, as well as remaining 1 metre apart from fellow patrons. 

Will I be breaking the law if I decide to remove my mask when depositing human waste, bearing in mind, if I keep it on microscopic traces of my pish will disperse into the air and settle and congregate on my face mask, completely defeating the purpose of wearing one as it is now contaminated?

I guess a lot of these "rules" are just to get people to use their common sense. Not sure how it works in a pub, but for restaurants etc, they might ask you to wear a mask until you're sat down at your table. I can't imagine having to stick one on everytime I need a piss on a night out as i'd never have the thing off after a few pints. 

Guest the shepherd
24 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I guess a lot of these "rules" are just to get people to use their common sense. Not sure how it works in a pub, but for restaurants etc, they might ask you to wear a mask until you're sat down at your table. I can't imagine having to stick one on everytime I need a piss on a night out as i'd never have the thing off after a few pints. 

That's very true min, though some folks hygiene levels leave a lot to be desired. However, my local has been implementing a strict one-way system in place since the 15th of July, as well as customers having to sit in the same seat for the duration of your stay, maintaining at least a 1 metre distance from other customers.

You are not to leave your seat at all unless you follow the one-way system to leave the building by a side door or to go for a piss.

Barmaids are providing table service every so often to negate you from ordering at the bar, depending on staff availability and how busy the entire pub is (there are three separate enclosed bars in the pub). 

I have already been picked up on on three separate occasions for inadvertently not following the strict rules, the latest being yesterday. 

19 minutes ago, the shepherd said:

It would be weird if you were squeezing out a Bismarck, mask on, scants at ankles and you suddenly saw your own reflection.

haha lol what a sight 

Guest the shepherd
2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It would be weird if you were squeezing out a Bismarck, mask on, scants at ankles and you suddenly saw your own reflection.

haha lol what a sight 

Seeing my reflection is bad enough without checking it after an inhalation of my pish particles. 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

I'd disagree there - she was still doing them when there hadn't been a Covid death for about a month.

Ok so you reckon she just loves being on tv every day giving lockdown/covid related updates, but she shouldnt be if theres been no deaths. 

I think she feels a duty to be on there everyday whilst this is going on regardless if anyones died. 

• Downvote 1
39 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Ok so you reckon she just loves being on tv every day giving lockdown/covid related updates, but she shouldnt be if theres been no deaths. 

I think she feels a duty to be on there everyday whilst this is going on regardless if anyones died. 

No I think it's ridiculous she's on TV repeating the same shite every day when there's hardly any deaths.  Monumental waste of time and tax payers money

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Poodler said:

Shetland are getting shagged like.

no cases since April and still being restricted.

I was at a great gathering at the weekend. It will be so disappointing if curtain twitchers starting phoning the dibble every time some folk get together.

Let me know of the next one please, I'll come along.

• Upvote 2

100% 

I assume the Covid Marshall's are just parking wardens? 

That the establishment got these restrictions through without even debating them is showing an increasing disregard for your freedom. 

They are becoming increasingly totalitarian.

A good old fashioned riot is needed 

(Socially distanced obvs)