Coronavirus

Henry

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Totally agree. On yersel dayts.

Hud on, beyond insanity... in Scotland only?

What about your beloved Tories? 

It's nature wiping out some old people, it's the way things work. Strongest live, weakest die. We can't have people living forever, their brains would be like jelly, bodies marching on. It's no way to live, dressed and arse wiped by a teenager. Disease will never go away, if it did we'd be really fucked.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I think you missed the question. Which was quite remarkable given that this was the whole post.

You said that it was beyond insanity. I said that I agreed with this. I then asked if you were talking about Scotland only?

In other words, what's so different between Scotland and England? Is it not beyond insanity there too?

England have not been lying about hospital numbers, they've been proportionate when its came to local lockdowns. They don't feel the need to give a daily propaganda statement that only increases thick peoples worries. Handled it way better than Scotland. 6 people rule is pretty fair, add in from 2 households unfair. My daughter had to cancel a weekend away with pals this weekend, in England would have been legal. Young fit kids, no danger at all of them dying, road trip would be more dangerous. We've been mislead, pictures of Chinese people collapsing in the streets, Italian hospital over ran, all crap.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

My sister is a nurse and shares some of the weekly stats they get, why are the govt/media highlighting the very low admissions due to covid only. If an older person has an underlying illness but has had covid its classed as a covid death. Even with this false massaging of stats the numbers are very low.

I've still a lot of contacts in nhs and yes the recording of deaths is wild.

I know of a case recently (not in Grampian) where someone had had a fall in their house and been lying for a few days. In to hospital, died. ?Covid recorded as cause of death number 2 on the death certificate, as swabs weren't back. Further ammo for this deeply disturbing scaling back of rights and freedom. I'm aware of the 28 days post positive result criteria but it's dangerous to just write ?Covid on every certificate.

I encourage all of my pals to go to the media about the practices of NHSG and ACC during this, there's been some scandalous and outrageous decisions made that will keep us in the dark ages for a lifetime. None of them will because they don't want the trouble. Fear. The government are getting what they want. 

11 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I know of a case recently (not in Grampian) where someone had had a fall in their house and been lying for a few days. In to hospital, died. ?Covid recorded as cause of death number 2 on the death certificate, as swabs weren't back. Further ammo for this deeply disturbing scaling back of rights and freedom. I'm aware of the 28 days post positive result criteria but it's dangerous to just write ?Covid on every certificate.

I encourage all of my pals to go to the media about the practices of NHSG and ACC during this, there's been some scandalous and outrageous decisions made that will keep us in the dark ages for a lifetime. None of them will because they don't want the trouble. Fear. The government are getting what they want. 

Covid causing fatigue that caused the person to faint/fall then they lay there because they were too tired to move as the virus ravaged their body, it's obvious really.

• Downvote 2
30 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Just fired an email to them(NHSG) . I expect to be completely panned off with some nonsense.  All my stuff is overdue. 

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

My quote from yesterday when pulled up by others saying the Countries round about had less deaths, seems I called it correctly again.

"It will have ran through Sweden, job done, weak killed off. Neighbouring Countries can hide and shield all they want, it will just take a little longer for the old to pass, numbers will even out. Imagine spending the last Months of your life hiding inside at an age when death is near anyway."

• Upvote 1
Just now, minijc said:

No, unless they've got a vaccine that they aren't telling everyone else about.

Ha ha blah up.  Think there's been one case of someone being re-infected by it, more than likely due to a dud test.

You've been had mate - the government quietly admitted yesterday the numbers are being hugely exaggerated.

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Ha ha blah up.  Think there's been one case of someone being re-infected by it, more than likely due to a dud test.

You've been had mate - the government quietly admitted yesterday the numbers are being hugely exaggerated.

It's been said from early on, even by the scientists and doctors I don't agree with that to achieve herd immunity you need a vaccine of some sort.

25 minutes ago, NEM said:

It gives creedence to the Irish fellows theory that having let the virus spread amongst the population with minimal measures, it has run its course as any flu-type virus would. Its higher death rate attributed to a milder flu season in 2019 and an exposed care sector.
While the rest of us are fannying about with lockdowns and 'rules of six' we're merely prolonging the agony whilst we wait for enough of the population pass it around.

• Upvote 7
1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

How can you be so sure that you are qualified to dispute what scientists and doctors are saying?

Yes we know that there is no consensus across science and medicine on many issues but what specifically are the ones you are referring to?

I'm not qualified, never said that I was but I've got plenty of time to research what I read or hear then form an opinion that way.  The research includes going in to the background of the scientists or doctors, that's why it was pretty easy to spot Sikora a mile off, reading in to his past was fun.  Now that doesn't mean I (we) should dismiss absolutely everything he says but the main bulk of what he's been say has been rubbish and the timing of it has been interesting as well.

11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Sorry my bad. You said already.

You're saying that herd immunity is impossible without a vaccine. I think what Patrick Vallance was saying six months ago was based on other viruses, that once you've had it, you will be immune. It was therefore desirable for lots to get infected is how I interpreted him back then, before the first (and biggest) of their many U-turns. 

He said at the time you'd need 60% of the population to get infected, last time any data came out just under 6% in the UK was showing anti bodies, granted that was a couple of months ago now, so with needing 60% to achieve a form of Herd immunity so we'd need 10-12 waves of this to hit for it to be effective, assuming governments have learned some lessons you'd hope there would be less deaths but then as history shows, mainly looking at the deaths from the Spanish flu the second wave was even worse than the first.