Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, minijc said:

So that means no one will die of it in the future as more and more become infected with it?

Here's some news for you mate and you might want to sit down before reading it.........

People die every day!  We're all going to die at some point.  Until then I'd like to live please, not hide away from a dose of the sniffles.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
32 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You've lost me. I have no idea what arguments you are presenting and I have no idea what you're actually saying.

I accept that this will be mostly my fault but you don't make it easy!

NEM wants to stop the testing and get right back to normal, that's fine, lets just pretend the virus doesn't exist and that it doesn't impact many people.  If we drop the testing and pretend covid isn't a thing, who/what is to blame when the NHS starts to struggle due to the demands of the sick?  Who/what is to blame when there's thousands more excess deaths?

31 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I broadly agree with all your sentiments but you misrepresent the insidious effects of Covid-19 on a small number of people. It hits not just the respiratory functions but it goes way beyond breathing, the full extent of which is as yet unknown.

Yes but you can't halt life for everyone because of a few outliers

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

NEM wants to stop the testing and get right back to normal, that's fine, lets just pretend the virus doesn't exist and that it doesn't impact many people.  If we drop the testing and pretend covid isn't a thing, who/what is to blame when the NHS starts to struggle due to the demands of the sick?  Who/what is to blame when there's thousands more excess deaths?

Stop being such a fucking bedwetter ?

I never said to pretend it didn't exist.

We don't routinely test tens of thousands of people each day and announce a daily death score for any other illness, why should we for one that has a miniscule chance of killing folk and which appears to be burning out anyway?

People have died, people will continue to die. Once we have a vaccine, people will still continue to die, it'll give those most at risk a bit more protection, but wont be some wonder cure. How long do we keep these rolling counts going without some sense of perspective?

2 years ago there was a flu epidemic with 10's of thousands of deaths. We have a flu vaccine.

The fear with COVID has been heightened by media and social media who catastrophise everything these days. The dissenting voices get drowned out by those controlling the narrative.

CASES RISING, 2nd WAVE!

"yeah but deaths have been low for months and conti.."

CASES RISING, 2nd WAVE, YOU'LL KILL YOUR GRANNY!!

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

There are some fuckers screaming for a second national lockdown. They need to calm down and wise the fuck up. 

Fuckers like Peston and his ilk don't help 

I think it's coming regardless.

"Well we introduced the rule of 6 but you couldn't behave and cases are still rising, into lockdown you go"  Totally ignoring hospital admission and death numbers

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Zeus said:

What better way to fight off illness and improve you immune system than making you coop up indoors for 99% of the day. 

Pathetic 

Took the WHO 6 months into the "pandemic" to announce that a healthy diet, fresh air and exercise would be helpful in fighting off the disease.

Laughable!

• Upvote 1

Nonsense. That’s completely illogical. The last thing anybody wants is a national lockdown and I just can’t see it happening. Not only because of the obvious reasons but this time I predict there would be huge civil unrest. It simply wouldn’t be tolerated by a lot of people. They also wouldn’t be able to justify their actions if the current trend of increasing cases but very low deaths/admissions continues. 

11 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Nonsense. That’s completely illogical. The last thing anybody wants is a national lockdown and I just can’t see it happening. Not only because of the obvious reasons but this time I predict there would be huge civil unrest. It simply wouldn’t be tolerated by a lot of people. They also wouldn’t be able to justify their actions if the current trend of increasing cases but very low deaths/admissions continues. 

Power Studs. They've spent their lives chasing it and now they have it in unprecedented levels. The feeling of being able to force people to do things they don't want to do, just because you say so, is like a drug to these fuckers. 

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Something sits funny about the WHO

Clearly covered up early doors and the whole Gates involvement 

They certainly allowed themselves to get duped by China initially. Praising China's response, which essentially constituted welding peoples doors shut and forcing them to stay in the house, seemed strange too.

Im sure it was great for virus containment but it never sat well with me. 

2 hours ago, Henry said:

Yep, I won't get fooled again for the 'second wave'

There's an old saying in Orkney — I know it's in Shetland, probably in Orkney — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Nonsense. That’s completely illogical. The last thing anybody wants is a national lockdown and I just can’t see it happening.

Agreed. I can't see it happening at this point. Once winter comes and cold and flu is kicking around though and everyone diagnoses themselves with covid (you know the type, the kind who claims flu when he has the cold...), that may change. 

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Not only because of the obvious reasons but this time I predict there would be huge civil unrest.

The UK doesn't have it in it to revolt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Guest the shepherd
50 minutes ago, Parklife said:

They certainly allowed themselves to get duped by China initially. Praising China's response, which essentially constituted welding peoples doors shut and forcing them to stay in the house, seemed strange too.

There's an old saying in Orkney — I know it's in Shetland, probably in Orkney — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Agreed. I can't see it happening at this point. Once winter comes and cold and flu is kicking around though and everyone diagnoses themselves with covid (you know the type, the kind who claims flu when he has the cold...), that may change. 

The UK doesn't have it in it to revolt. 

Fuck me, I'm actually agreeing with you for once min. It must be the sodium hypochlorite I have been breathing in for the last half an hour or so that's doing it?. A proper treatment and cure for all things Covid-19.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

They dinna mess around the Chinese. I think they have the right idea with mass testing though. Test abody, weed out the silent spreaders and their ascociates. Jobs a good 'un.

My home town (Warrington) surging up the COVID's premier league table this week. Got league leaders Bolton in out sights.