Coronavirus

Henry

Its a no win for those that don't believe in extreme restrictions. They'll claim low death rates was a sign lockdowns work even though they've been under control since mid June and they seemed to have levelled out since then. It'll be rinse and repeat until they find a permanent way of eradicating COVID or there's some sort of uprising, would be shocked if that happened.

Let the virus run or try full lockdown again.

The half way house is not working.

It all feels like by the time we get to April we'll just decide to take it head on. Which will be more than a head in hands moment as to what have we been doing for 13-14 months.

The economy, and folks mental health, can not survive waiting for the vaccine.

edit: and an actual full lockdown would be closing most borders and testing regime for the few that get in. Close all but one airport etc.

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

I think you'd be have to be a fucking idiot to have booked a foreign holiday this year after all this. 

Just back from Turkey last Tuesday. Got back in time before self isolating started from Saturday morning. Being there wasn't much different to being in Aberdeen! (Apart from the heat)!

26 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Also can't see how they can close the border with England. Every scaffolding and rigging department would grind to a halt in the North Sea. 

I fully support that notion.

Leave the local lads to fight it out for the remaining few bags of Brannigans at the bond.

18 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Thought she claimed Scotland would be in a better position due to her long lockdown the last time?

They (including Bojo) also said it would protect the NHS. The same organisation they've been running into the ground for years.

This is all political and nothing to do with saving lives.

• Upvote 2

There is further consideration of the final steps that need to be taken and Ms Sturgeon minister pivots to what the government is NOT proposing to do:

"We are not proposing another lockdown at this stage, not even on a temporary basis"
"We are not going to be asking you to stay inside your own homes the way we did in March."
"We are not about to impose travel restrictions on the whole of the country."
"We are not about to shut down the entire economy."
"We are not about to halt the remobilisation of the NHS."
"We are not proposing to close schools."

What is the "circuit breaker" going to actually consist of? Travel ban for the weegies maybe.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Looks like a lot of pant pishing in here about something that isn't happening. 

Looks like further restrictions will be introduced in certain areas That have the highest cases. Pretty much what most in here said should happen. ?‍♂️

That wasn't just made up in people's heads though. There's a reason people thought it was away to happen. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

You're a terrible snob Fridgo.  Rapidly going down in my estimation. 

I’m fucking not at all or I wouldn’t even go to these places! I just don’t like mink parents that don’t look after their kids. You don’t need cash to keep an eye on your children.

Finally some good Covid news:

Margaret Ferrier attended a church service with elderly parishioners after she developed symptoms for coronavirus, it has emerged.

The politician, who has been urged by Nicola Sturgeon to stand down for making an 800-mile round train trip with Covid, also gave a reading at the mass in Glasgow.

A report today said Ferrier attended St Mungo’s, a Catholic church in the Townhead area of Glasgow, on Sunday September 27. This was the day after she took a Covid test and admitted experiencing "mild symptoms" of the disease.

A source said that the £81,932-a-year MP sat near the front of the church and made a five-minute reading from the altar.