Coronavirus

Henry

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

This is a bizarre tactic, often used on a forum by those who don't want to be exposed by having a weak case.

Can I put it to you that like me, like the overwhelming majority of us on here, you are not actually qualified to make a choice.

In other words, and using the direct language for which I love my home city for, you're spikkin shite. Would you now agree?

I said that earlier.

"No expertise here."

Just can't be arsed getting into any sort of debate over any of this that's all. Nothing to do with spikkin shite although the stuff about the various vaccines and how they're developed was to put manboobs off the scent a bit. Stuff I knew. Wasn't worthwhile posting for any other reason.

I'd take the vaccine if required to do so.

I wouldn't put myself forward for it.

The Oxford one appears to be the nicest from the stuff I've read about.

That's it. 

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'm surprised Chewin the Fat doesn't boat-float for you. Hae a drink is a phenomenal commentary on the problem drinking that blights our country, probably the cleverest and favourite Scottish thing I've seen in comedy (alongside cancer awareness wristbands by Limmy, nailing the sheeple who follow "fashion" blindly, desperate to "fit in").

I just couldn't get into Chewin' the Fat, whilst others lapped it up. Maybe it's because I'm a nonconformist and don't normally comply with general consensus. 

Rab C is on a different level of comedy. Arguably, the best this country has produced. Would be interesting to hear his take on all things Covid-19? That would be a must-watch episode, if ever there was one?

22 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I just find it amusing and or sad that a non-qualified person can post about having a preference in a field where he has no knowledge, assuming that he can understand that "reading about it" dos not confer any "knowledge" at all.

Facts and opinions, very important to know the difference. It is also crucial to know the areas where it is impossible to gain knowledge without putting in the miles. Too many in this information age present what they've read as "knowledge",  not having the critical thinking basic ability to distinguish. Not saying that you do this generally Boof but it was stupid to express a preference on this occasion. I fuck up too. You fucked up this time.

Rationalism, Empiricism and Skepticism all rolled into one post. Very impressive min?.

21 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I just find it amusing and or sad that a non-qualified person can post about having a preference in a field where he has no knowledge, assuming that he can understand that "reading about it" dos not confer any "knowledge" at all.

Facts and opinions, very important to know the difference. It is also crucial to know the areas where it is impossible to gain knowledge without putting in the miles. Too many in this information age present what they've read as "knowledge",  not having the critical thinking basic ability to distinguish. Not saying that you do this generally Boof but it was stupid to express a preference on this occasion. I fuck up too. You fucked up this time.

I'll be insisting on the Oxford vaccine, best one by a mile. Not a University like Oxford in the World, they know what they're doing. I'd advise anyone to take it but always check it's the Oxford one and not the American one. Russian one would be ok as well, good scientists in Russia.

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I have no idea what that means but I would be interested to learn?

They are three branches of Philosophy, Rocket min. 

Rationalism is the study of the objective formation of knowledge based on reason, logic and deduction.

Empiricism is the concept attributed to sensory knowledge founded on observation and experience.

Skepticism is the quality of forever challenging what is widely accepted as bona fide knowledge. 

Your previous post, in response to The Boofon, showed each of the above philosophical concepts. 

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'm surprised Chewin the Fat doesn't boat-float for you. Hae a drink is a phenomenal commentary on the problem drinking that blights our country, probably the cleverest and favourite Scottish thing I've seen in comedy (alongside cancer awareness wristbands by Limmy, nailing the sheeple who follow "fashion" blindly, desperate to "fit in").

Chewin the Fat has more humour that is generalised to be popular, Limmy really grates me, but folk find his annoyingness funny. Mind you I also hate the Royle family and the Office, utter pish

37 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Impressive. Much as the definition of philosophy tickles my rectum so much - "the pursuit of wisdom"  being brilliant - I have never had the benefit of an academic or classic approach to it, just picking up various as I go along.

Not sure I even have the basic tools of knowledge to interpret your interpretation of my post but I'll try when I've got some time - as I've got to fuck off now - and will revert to you with any questions. Cheers.

Nae probs min?.

2 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I’m taking fuck all vacacine, just continue to walk it off.

Probably more chance of dying taking some half arsed tested shit than actually from it.

That’s the only way we will get out of this shite. 

You’ll take the vaccine anyway when offered it, pointless pretending otherwise.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Never understood why we just don't print more money, no one would ever notice, just use it to pay the debt, wouldn't increase the amount of money on the street so inflation would be the same. Sure there's a simple reason but if I owned my own mint I'd just reel the stuff off the presses and buy islands and shit.

Giving poor people a grand each would get the economy booming, be no saving for a rainy day with them, flat screen telly's and scratch cards.

7 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Does anyone ever wonder where all the Countries are actually borrowing the money from? The IMF would be hard pushed to dish out what's needed, what happens if they run out cash?

I researched this, started a thread on it actually. Its mental. Banks just create it from nothing. If your bank gives you a mortgage it just credits the money to your account on a computer, creates it from nothing. The Government lets the Bank of England create money, borrows it from them, then pays them interest and repays it and then it doesn't exist anymore. Mental. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I researched this, started a thread on it actually. Its mental. Banks just create it from nothing. If your bank gives you a mortgage it just credits the money to your account on a computer, creates it from nothing. The Government lets the Bank of England create money, borrows it from them, then pays them interest and repays it and then it doesn't exist anymore. Mental. 

Why not just tell them that as the debts a bit out of control could they knock a few zeros off it, bobs your uncle.