Coronavirus

Henry

4 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

But the virus sped up their death? 

What would their families give for another day, week or month with them? 

Also, I don't know if you know this, but we're all going to die anyway. 

Selfish I know but so everyone else has to not see their families for weeks and months to allow others to get extra time with theirs when they’ve had a long life? 

8 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Selfish I know but so everyone else has to not see their families for weeks and months to allow others to get extra time with theirs when they’ve had a long life? 

You'll have time to see them, theoretically. Also worth mentioning the people most susceptible to the virus will have been shielding without seeing family properly for months. 

You can't put an age on when we should leave people to die, because they've lived X amount of years. It's just not what a modern or civilised society would do. 

I do get your frustration though, I've went between "protect the vulnerable" and "fuck them this thing probably won't come close to killing me." Only natural during times like these to have a bit of a wobble.

It's shite, but it is what it is. 

9 hours ago, Poodler said:

Consi is a disgrace to DYC

lol at countries banning England for 24 hours pending review. We better do it because others have. Very poor 

I am DYC. 

Its in my blood, man. 

9 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Totally unrelated to the brexit negotiations as well.

Your cynicism is well founded, Brian min.

The Scottish and UK Governments have tried collectively to bully and control us and make us out to be fools who cannot exist and cope without their perceived leadership and instructions but I have always held the belief these lockdowns and restrictions have been based on complete lies and fabrication, and this new dramatic measure to implement a further lockdown either side of Christmas is further evidence of that. 

The EU member states have quite rightly started shutting down each of their borders to people travelling from the UK, in turn, giving a big fuck you to the UK nations, due to the needlessly prolonged "negotiations" embarrassingly "led" by that fat waster Johnson and his bunch of morons since June 2016. 

This alleged new strain of virus is just a smokescreen in order to quite rightly tell Johnson to fuck off.  

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Quite the journey catching up on this from Friday.  20 pages, with first 10 pages a debate about restrictions, before the insults started flying again over the next 10.  

Biggest plot twist - @ConsiCanBoogie1903 being the semi-regular house party attendee after this quite compelling arguments about justifying even greater restrictions going forward.  I did not see that coming.  

I'm not justifying it either way. I've been to about two house parties a few months apart. I also work in a building with hundreds of folk coming through it daily, and tens of folk working in different departments, my own logic (maybe flawed) was that I'm so exposed to it potentially getting it anyway, what would it matter if I mingled with a few more people. That logic was also when I pissed, hence why it's not very sound logic. 

Im not judging folk for doing what they do, what we're being asked to do is totally unnatural. All I was trying to provide was a reason as to why they are doing the lockdowns. Lockdowns of which I think are lazy, lacking strategy and damaging. I was just describing the reasons why. 

You get your outright COVID deniers, who are idiots. You get your folk who've done whatever they wanted from the start, and then you get folk like me. I've been working all the way through it, generally just been shutting between the house and work, and on a few occasions I cut myself some slack. 

Like I've said many times, I'm not perfect, and would never claim to be. 

IMO the only thing worse than outright COVID deniers are the cunts who police everyone's activity, and constantly go on about how strictly they've followed the rules. 

I work with a few folk like that, it's proper irritating. As I said in the post above, what we're being asked to do is totally unnatural, I wouldn't chastise anyone who's let their guard slip once or twice, we're being asked to deal with this in a very inhuman way.

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

IMO the only thing worse than outright COVID deniers are the cunts who police everyone's activity, and constantly go on about how strictly they've followed the rules. 

I work with a few folk like that, it's proper irritating. As I said in the post above, what we're being asked to do is totally unnatural, I wouldn't chastise anyone who's let their guard slip once or twice, we're being asked to deal with this in a very inhuman way.

I think it's impossible to have adhered to the rules all of the time. That's why I'm quite comfortable pleasing myself. Everyone does it. Like parking on a double yellow for ten minutes.

enjoy the parties min

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I'm not justifying it either way. I've been to about two house parties a few months apart. I also work in a building with hundreds of folk coming through it daily, and tens of folk working in different departments, my own logic (maybe flawed) was that I'm so exposed to it potentially getting it anyway, what would it matter if I mingled with a few more people. That logic was also when I pissed, hence why it's not very sound logic. 

Im not judging folk for doing what they do, what we're being asked to do is totally unnatural. All I was trying to provide was a reason as to why they are doing the lockdowns. Lockdowns of which I think are lazy, lacking strategy and damaging. I was just describing the reasons why. 

You get your outright COVID deniers, who are idiots. You get your folk who've done whatever they wanted from the start, and then you get folk like me. I've been working all the way through it, generally just been shutting between the house and work, and on a few occasions I cut myself some slack. 

Like I've said many times, I'm not perfect, and would never claim to be. 

Agreed it isn't sound logic!  Very selfish if anything, your first though about being so exposed to it is that adding more exposure for yourself makes no difference, and not that you are in fact potentially exposing even more people to the exposure you have!

Jesting apart, I don't give a fuck.  I just thought it funny after the tone of most of your other posts.  Almost felt like one of those reveals about an adviser who advocates lockdown breaking it, except you did it yourself.

3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I think it's impossible to have adhered to the rules all of the time. That's why I'm quite comfortable pleasing myself. Everyone does it. Like parking on a double yellow for ten minutes.

enjoy the parties min

I agree it's impossible to have consistently adhered, but I also don't think you should just please yourself all the time. For example, if you've been mingling with folks at parties and that, just dinna see anyone you know that's susceptible, or stay inside, provided you can, for as long as you can. 

It is a fucking miserable existence at the moment, though. 

5 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Agreed it isn't sound logic!  Very selfish if anything, your first though about being so exposed to it is that adding more exposure for yourself makes no difference, and not that you are in fact potentially exposing even more people to the exposure you have!

Jesting apart, I don't give a fuck.  I just thought it funny after the tone of most of your other posts.  Almost felt like one of those reveals about an adviser who advocates lockdown breaking it, except you did it yourself.

Like I said, not sound logic. A few hoose parties in 9 months, working through the whole thing. 

How could you get tone from my posts, I wasn't lording anything over anyone, I was just explaining the reason the governments are being extra cautious. To protect the elderly and those at risk. 

If you read my posts again, I'm not advocating lockdowns, I was explaining the reasoning. I think the lockdowns are a result of obvious incompetence from our govs failure to strategise and all the inconsistencies within the rules. 

Can't stress enough, was not casting judgement, just trying to explain why they are locking down so hard!

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Like I said, not sound logic. A few hoose parties in 9 months, working through the whole thing. 

How could you get tone from my posts, I wasn't lording anything over anyone, I was just explaining the reason the governments are being extra cautious. To protect the elderly and those at risk. 

If you read my posts again, I'm not advocating lockdowns, I was explaining the reasoning. I think the lockdowns are a result of obvious incompetence from our govs failure to strategise and all the inconsistencies within the rules. 

Can't stress enough, was not casting judgement, just trying to explain why they are locking down so hard!

You were 100% advocating stronger lockdown restrictions surrounding schools.  

47 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

So you think the schools should be open? 

Quite the reverse from 'parents are just moaning because they have to look after their own kids'