Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You raised a very fair and valid point with the plod, Joe. 

The coppers were insufferable back then, you and the boy Taylor being just two examples of their overzealous policing. 

Back then it was like the gestapo.

The police were moving on couples having a cup of tea in their cars parked on the sea front.Same as Not allowed to excercise in parks.

Now with non essential shops being closed down from the 26th everybody is going to be crammed into supermarkets or 

holed up in their houses 

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You know thats not true, don't you?

I might be a lot of things,  but not lacking in personality

I really don't. It's the Internet. I don't know you. You don't know me. 

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

People like you don't win wars

People like you get sent home with PTSD after basic training because you're a mental weakling who can't even handle an Internet forum. 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Back then it was like the gestapo.

The police were moving on couples having a cup of tea in their cars parked on the sea front.Same as Not allowed to excercise in parks.

Now with non essential shops being closed down from the 26th everybody is going to be crammed into supermarkets or 

holed up in their houses 

It was insufferable back then and still is now.

The non-essential term applied to hairdressing salons, for example, is so wrong. If the virus is so deadly and prevalent, a greasy, filthy, matted scalp of scraggly, unkempt hair surely would be like Merry Christmas for it to breed, transmit, infiltrate, and infect. 

6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It was insufferable back then and still is now.

The non-essential term applied to hairdressing salons, for example, is so wrong. If the virus is so deadly and prevalent, a greasy, filthy, matted scalp of scraggly, unkempt hair surely would be like Merry Christmas for it to breed, transmit, infiltrate, and infect. 

Surely you can still buy shampoo from the supermarket?

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I'm sure you can but the virus would surely benefit from being on someone's unkempt hair, like lice, if what we have been advised is true. 

You said hairdressers being closed means masses of greasy, minging unkempt hair. No it wont, people still wash their hair. They just dont cut it. A good hair washing regime should prevent a mass of greasy hair. 

Hairdressers dont treat lice either. Again, a healthy hair washing regime should prevent lice. 

It's a case with any laws/rules that if those that make them can't abide by them, then confidence in/abidance by those laws/rules is always going to be undermined.

We generally don't see many of these people outside of their workplace or stage managed events that you really don't have any idea how these people are acting.  It is a huge error for Sturgeon to be caught out in the way she has been.  My belief is that it would be a one off error, a slip of the mind.  If she did it more regularly, you'd likely hear about it.  There will be some out there who will believe that this is a case of her not following her own rules, and perhaps an indication of her doing it more regularly.  

I don't know how close she was to the deceased (I assume quite if she makes the 20 invitees), but I'd query the choice to go to the wake at a pub and not just the funeral itself.  At a time where she was trying to convince people to stay at home for Christmas, it doesn't stack up to a sound decision making process.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Foster14 said:

It's a case with any laws/rules that if those that make them can't abide by them, then confidence in/abidance by those laws/rules is always going to be undermined.

We generally don't see many of these people outside of their workplace or stage managed events that you really don't have any idea how these people are acting.  It is a huge error for Sturgeon to be caught out in the way she has been.  My belief is that it would be a one off error, a slip of the mind.  If she did it more regularly, you'd likely hear about it.  There will be some out there who will believe that this is a case of her not following her own rules, and perhaps an indication of her doing it more regularly.  

I don't know how close she was to the deceased (I assume quite if she makes the 20 invitees), but I'd query the choice to go to the wake at a pub and not just the funeral itself.  At a time where she was trying to convince people to stay at home for Christmas, it doesn't stack up to a sound decision making process.

Exactly but she maybe thought the the cult would'nt shop her.

By the way the police have just said they are not taking any further action.

1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

Exactly but she maybe thought the the cult would'nt shop her.

By the way the police have just said they are not taking any further action.

I'd agree with the police taking no action.  I've spent a few minutes in Tesco before oblivious to the fact I didn't have my face mask on before realising.  I wouldn't expect to be punished for that.  If I was asked to put it on then refused, then perhaps.  So in the case of Nicola Sturgeon, you can't prove it was deliberate attempt to subvert the rule and therefore I don't think should be punished.  

Still a huge error though, giving her standing.  

I’d take an Australian style lockdown if it meant and end to this and we can start to live normally again. 3 months of doing nothing and then we can start to operate with very low levels of virus and a damn sight more people vaccinated. 

That’s looking at things optimistically. In reality we will probably be told that the new variants will be vaccine resistant and this will roll on another year at least. 

1 minute ago, Studebaker-90 said:

I’d take an Australian style lockdown if it meant and end to this and we can start to live normally again. 3 months of doing nothing and then we can start to operate with very low levels of virus and a damn sight more people vaccinated. 

That’s looking at things optimistically. In reality we will probably be told that the new variants will be vaccine resistant and this will roll on another year at least. 

They closed, and still have closed their borders though. They'll have a surge when they eventually open to start letting in foreigners again. 

They hate the slit eyes, they're loving the closed border 

21 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

You gonna stump up my bullseye then?