Coronavirus

Henry

22 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's a fucking joke. From my own point of view there's been no decision on suspending payments on account due at end of January(I've got double to pay because I missed the July one) no date or even an amount for the next self employed grant, no way of paying the tax due at end of January, no date for my boy returning to school, no idea what's happening with the wife's college, zero income, not allowed to see family, friends and can't even go for a fucking pint. 

Complete fucking shambles. 

I feel heart sorry for you loon. That is a fucking helluva predicament you and your family find yourselves in through absolutely no fault of your own. Fingers crossed your situation improves very soon?.

I am out of work myself (have been for 2 years now and certainly not a life choice) and have no ties. It is very fucking tough going having next to fuck all to live on just being single but I imagine it would be even harder for yourself min with having a missus and family, with fuck all income coming in at this moment in time.

Factor in the complete uncertainty and oppression we have been living under for the past 10 months and that makes it doubly as hard to get by and live. 

I really feel sorry for school bairns as they are being used as political pawns. For instance, my 9 year old nephew ran out of school back in November as he was so pissed off of being needlessly restricted at school, thus, in turn, receiving less of an education than before this shambles. He wants to be taught and learn new things. He understandably took it upon himself to find away to escape from being shackled. Thankfully he is very streetwise and made his way home. 

13 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I feel heart sorry for you loon. That is a fucking helluva predicament you and your family find yourselves in through absolutely no fault of your own. Fingers crossed your situation improves very soon?.

I am out of work myself (have been for 2 years now and certainly not a life choice) and have no ties. It is very fucking tough going having next to fuck all to live on just being single but I imagine it would be even harder for yourself min with having a missus and family, with fuck all income coming in at this moment in time.

Factor in the complete uncertainty and oppression we have been living under for the past 10 months and that makes it doubly as hard to get by and live. 

I really feel sorry for school bairns as they are being used as political pawns. For instance, my 9 year old nephew ran out of school back in November as he was so pissed off of being needlessly restricted at school, thus, in turn, receiving less of an education than before this shambles. He wants to be taught and learn new things. He understandably took it upon himself to find away to escape from being shackled. Thankfully he is very streetwise and made his way home. 

Pawns you say?

Aye, skive-ing never happened before Covid 19. 

I don't dispute he wants to be taught and learn new things but he maybe just fancied a game of fitba or an afternoon on the Playstation. 

59 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's a fucking joke. From my own point of view there's been no decision on suspending payments on account due at end of January(I've got double to pay because I missed the July one) no date or even an amount for the next self employed grant, no way of paying the tax due at end of January, no date for my boy returning to school, no idea what's happening with the wife's college, zero income, not allowed to see family, friends and can't even go for a fucking pint. 

thats really shit man

21 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Pawns you say?

Aye, skive-ing never happened before Covid 19. 

I don't dispute he wants to be taught and learn new things but he maybe just fancied a game of fitba or an afternoon on the Playstation. 

You obviously don't know my nephew min. He was swiftly returned back to school by his mother (my sister) who thankfully happened to be working from home that day due to the restrictions imposed upon her own ability to help kids, who are on their last chance to get an education, gain vocational skills that hopefully enable them to progress in life. 

• Site Sponsor
1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

HMRC announced that where there is hardship, they will allow those with tax liabilities to spread repayments over a period of time. 

happy to advise and/or assist free, gratis and for nothing if you (or any Hatter) needs assistance with any such issues.

growling at the Tax Man is what I do best ?

• Upvote 11
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Schools have been prioritised above all else, so I'd hope they'd be opening them as soon as possible after the 18th of January. Another month off/learning from home would be a pisser. 

Ive no seen data on transmission within schools but the snippets I have read/heard, they don't seem to be a major place of transmission. 

Given schools have been shut for weeks and cases are allegedly increasing surely that tells them keeping schools closed is a waste of time 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Schools have been prioritised above all else, so I'd hope they'd be opening them as soon as possible after the 18th of January. Another month off/learning from home would be a pisser. 

Ive no seen data on transmission within schools but the snippets I have read/heard, they don't seem to be a major place of transmission. 

Not sure if its data 

Children aged 12 to 16 'seven times more likely to spread Covid' | Metro News

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Given schools have been shut for weeks and cases are allegedly increasing surely that tells them keeping schools closed is a waste of time 

I don't follow that logic tbh. Cases increasing outwith schools doesn't mean they won't accelerate more rapidly if schools were opened. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't follow that logic tbh. Cases increasing outwith schools doesn't mean they won't accelerate more rapidly if schools were opened. 

A fair point. Cases seem to have accelerated rapidly since they were closed though. 

36 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How old are your kids Betty if you don't mind me asking? 

24 and 21.

Both skived school on occassion (as did I and I presume just about everyone else on here) and it had fuck all to do with Covid 19 retrictions.

Talk of 9 year olds running away from school as they thought were not being educated enough is bollocks imo. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, Betty Swallicks said:

24 and 21.

Both skived school on occassion (as did I and I presume just about everyone else on here) and it had fuck all to do with Covid 19 retrictions.

Talk of 9 year olds running away from school as they they thought were not being educated enough is bollocks imo. 

You've chosen to misinterpret what I said. He understandably reacted to what was happening to him within his school environment in relation to the needless restrictions imposed. A one-off event. Fuck all to do with wanting a skive. He likes school and being with his classmates. 

I am surprised not more school kids have done the same. 

1 minute ago, Betty Swallicks said:

24 and 21.

Talk of 9 year olds running away from school as they they thought were not being educated enough is bollocks imo. 

Aye. 

Many kids are definitely struggling with the restrictions and limitations placed on them by schools though. Particularly the younger to mid year primary kids. 

The older primary kids and the secondary kids can process things better in the main and have social interaction outwith the the face to face.  The younger kids just want to be able to play freely with their peers and lose a lot from a social and security perspective when that isn't there for them. 

I think on balance though, extended home schooling was/is worse for them. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

HMRC announced that where there is hardship, they will allow those with tax liabilities to spread repayments over a period of time. 

happy to advise and/or assist free, gratis and for nothing if you (or any Hatter) needs assistance with any such issues.

growling at the Tax Man is what I do best ?

Ive got a boy who put my return but I might pick your brains a bit if that's OK. So far they've said the best they'll do is spread it over 12 months but until I get working I've no way of paying that. 

I'll pm you if required thanks very much. 

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You've chosen to misinterpret what I said. He understandably reacted to what was happening to him within his school environment in relation to the needless restrictions imposed. A one-off event. Fuck all to do with wanting a skive. He likes school and being with his classmates. 

I am surprised not more school kids have done the same. 

You said he ran out of school because he thought he wasn't being educated enough, wanted to learn but felt was being shackled by the restrictions which imo since he is 9 years old is bollocks. 

Kids skive school all the time and have done forever. Covid 19 has fuck all to do with it. I'll bet Covid 19 barely registers with most 9 year olds.

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Plenty adults struggling with covid restrictions Betty.  Not sure why we expect kids to be better at dealing with it 

Kids are far more resilient than we give them credit for. Wet wipe talk about 5 year olds having mental health issues due to Covid 19 restrictions are more for the adults benefit that the kids.

32 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Struggling how? They are 5 to 8 year olds ffs.

Jeez, how fucking wet, spoiled and entitled have we and our children become. 

Och I dunno. Keeping bairns away from their pals and putting the fear of God into them about killing their granny is bound to have an effect on some of them. Can't be good for kids having parents plunged into debt and poverty either. 

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Och I dunno. Keeping bairns away from their pals and putting the fear of God into them about killing their granny is bound to have an effect on some of them. Can't be good for kids having parents plunged into debt and poverty either. 

Spot on manboobs. 

Nae as simple as just asking to go on Furlough. Which has its own consequences. 

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

This is what these politicians,civil servants,teachers etc.fail to understand.They are sitting on their 100% salary(pension proofed as well) and live in a fantasy world.I am afraid to say that lots of people are going to suffer in the next few months with very little income.Meanwhile doctors and consultants will be getting an extra 500 quid this month from Nicola,purely as a political gesture.

Boobs if it comes to the worst then just tell them you are having mental issues,that usually scares them into leaving you alone .I knew a guy who did this a few years ago when they were chasing him to get a job.He went to the guys boss and told them he was getting harassed and he was getting suicidal.Never heard another word from them.