Coronavirus

Henry

7 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

This is what these politicians,civil servants,teachers etc.fail to understand.They are sitting on their 100% salary(pension proofed as well) and live in a fantasy world.I am afraid to say that lots of people are going to suffer in the next few months with very little income.Meanwhile doctors and consultants will be getting an extra 500 quid this month from Nicola,purely as a political gesture.

Boobs if it comes to the worst then just tell them you are having mental issues,that usually scares them into leaving you alone .I knew a guy who did this a few years ago when they were chasing him to get a job.He went to the guys boss and told them he was getting harassed and he was getting suicidal.Never heard another word from them.

Och I'll get it sorted, it's the principle of demanding money with menaces in the circumstances that bothers me as much as anything. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Kids are far more resilient than we give them credit for. Wet wipe talk about 5 year olds having mental health issues due to Covid 19 restrictions are more for the adults benefit that the kids.

Aye. 

But how many 12 month long pandemics did you have to deal with when you were in primary school Betty? 

• Downvote 2
2 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

You are an idiot, lumping teachers and civil servants in with politicians.

Teachers have been nothing but obstructive about getting kids back to school.

Civil servants(which includes scientists and the health profs) are the people advising the politicians.

20 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Apparently some journalists are tweeting the following on Twitter:

schools closed till Feb

lockdown from midnight tonight and stay at home message in place 

can only meet 1 other person from another household outdoors. 

None of this official but Colin Mackay, STV, and Glen Campbell, BBC, saying this. 

Cheers, Buzz. 

Be interesting to see the full detail of it and what industries they shut down & which they allow to operate. 

I wouldn't lump my kids teachers in, they've been great under the circumstances.  I get the impression they'd be happy to carry on face to face learning. 

Scientists etc though. Arite for them, probably live in completely circumstances to the vast majority.  Telling us to bide at home etc

Legal requirements to stay st home except for essential purposes - caring responsibilities, essential shopping and exercise  

Islands in level 3 should remain at that level for now but will be reviewed. Rest of us have an enhanced level 4. A return to March last year, basically. Won't rule out this extending beyond end of January. 

Folk need to be back in the mindset of taking it seriously as most did last year. 

Frequency of outdoor exercise is not being limited. 

Max of two people from 2 households able to meet outdoors. Under 11s not counted in this. 

Stay as close to home as possible and no travel unless essential

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, The Buzzard said:

Legal requirements to stay st home except for essential purposes - caring responsibilities, essential shopping and exercise  

Islands in level 3 should remain at that level for now but will be reviewed. Rest of us have an enhanced level 4. A return to March last year, basically. Won't rule out this extending beyond end of January. 

Folk need to be back in the mindset of taking it seriously as most did last year. 

Max of two people from 2 households able to meet outdoors. Under 11s not counted in this. 

Cheers Buzz

bloody great guy to know. It's a shame you only ever bring bad news ?

3 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Super...

I'm not sure how the first point about legal requirements and second to last point about two people from 2 households correlates though...

Interested to see what is included under caring responsibilities.  Going to be a shitter going back to my wife and I trying to fulfil full time roles while having an 1.5 year old rampaging round the house.  

5 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Super...

I'm not sure how the first point about legal requirements and second to last point about two people from 2 households correlates though...

Interested to see what is included under caring responsibilities.  Going to be a shitter going back to my wife and I trying to fulfil full time roles while having an 1.5 year old rampaging round the house.  

I'm guessing it might mean outdoor exercise purpose? Maybe jogging/walking in pairs? Fuck knows!

1 hour ago, cheesepipes said:

Im convinced im due National Insurance back from years ago....... How easy is it to check if im im a useless cunt who doesn't really take a note of anything. 

Passport and seamen book is the grand total of what ill have to assist. 

The work instigated this for me when i was working abroad 4 and 4 . Got a decent lump sum that was backdated 7 years but also went on the minimum payment , so you still get your pension . Was only paying £15 a month . Might be worth you getting an accountant to submit a claim for you 

The more I think about it, the more I think they’ve got this vaccination programme arse about tit. I’m pleased for these auld yins in the twilight years of their life to have gotten the jab, but ultimately its doing little to slow it down at this point. All front line workers should be prioritised, including teachers so they get the schools up and running as soon as possible. Ethel and Betty who never set foot outside the care home will be better protected by having vaccinated staff rather then getting it themselves. Hospitals themselves seem to be one of the worst places for transmission too so get that lot done sharpish. Then target the age groups that are likeliest to flaunt the rules, your teens, students and under 40’s who are also key to kick starting the economy. Rolling it out to pensioners who wont be able to see anyone until the vast majority are vaccinated anyway doesn’t make sense. Do it about face and they could see family with the vaccine before they get it, no?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Teachers have been nothing but obstructive about getting kids back to school.

Civil servants(which includes scientists and the health profs) are the people advising the politicians.

Teachers have been nothing but obstructive about getting kids back to school. (risking their health and the health of their families)...wtf are you on about?

All civil servants advise politicians, all of them...must be news to most of them. 

You really are clueless 

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

The more I think about it, the more I think they’ve got this vaccination programme arse about tit. I’m pleased for these auld yins in the twilight years of their life to have gotten the jab, but ultimately its doing little to slow it down at this point. All front line workers should be prioritised, including teachers so they get the schools up and running as soon as possible. Ethel and Betty who never set foot outside the care home will be better protected by having vaccinated staff rather then getting it themselves. Hospitals themselves seem to be one of the worst places for transmission too so get that lot done sharpish. Then target the age groups that are likeliest to flaunt the rules, your teens, students and under 40’s who are also key to kick starting the economy. Rolling it out to pensioners who wont be able to see anyone until the vast majority are vaccinated anyway doesn’t make sense. Do it about face and they could see family with the vaccine before they get it, no?

Not sure you've thought this through are you Boris or Nicola?

3 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

Teachers have been nothing but obstructive about getting kids back to school. (risking their health and the health of their families)...wtf are you on about?

All civil servants advise politicians, all of them...must be news to most of them. 

You really are clueless 

Supermarket workers,bin men,health workers etc risk their health as well but do a lot less whining.

The point about civil servants is that they are in a privileged ,protected position compared to the majority of workers .