Coronavirus

Henry

18 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yip, friends that are teachers are the same, it's a real shame people on here feel the need to make up things and post them just to suit their agenda.

On the flip side, i know a few who have been pretty vocal in having to put themselves at risk. One of my kids primary schools has seen 70% of their staff refuse to come back as planned tomorrow. The others in secondary go back on the 18th (for now) but will be getting tested in school.

2 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

On the flip side, i know a few who have been pretty vocal in having to put themselves at risk. One of my kids primary schools has seen 70% of their staff refuse to come back as planned tomorrow. The others in secondary go back on the 18th (for now) but will be getting tested in school.

You live in England min?

It is a tough one though, I’m sure everyone not just Teacher’s just want to get back to work. 

But if one kid had it might spread like wildfire and Teacher’s would have to self isolate and we’d be back to square one. It maybe is best just to do it remotely until we see how this vaccinations work.

Fucking shite for the kids and parents trying to do it but at least they are getting some education.

But I do worry about mink parents that will being doing fuck all and how their kids will end up.

• Site Sponsor
4 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Ive got a boy who put my return but I might pick your brains a bit if that's OK. So far they've said the best they'll do is spread it over 12 months but until I get working I've no way of paying that. 

I'll pm you if required thanks very much. 

Don't want to tread on your guy's toes but if you growl hard enough at HMRC, you often find there's a better deal to be had.

Hey, no probs - ping me a PM and I can advise.

• Site Sponsor
4 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Im convinced im due National Insurance back from years ago....... How easy is it to check if im im a useless cunt who doesn't really take a note of anything. 

Passport and seamen book is the grand total of what ill have to assist. 

There's a time limit on going back.

Ping me a PM with details of the year(s) in which you think a claim may be relevant and I can look into it for you.

29 minutes ago, Fridge said:

It is a tough one though, I’m sure everyone not just Teacher’s just want to get back to work. 

But if one kid had it might spread like wildfire and Teacher’s would have to self isolate and we’d be back to square one. It maybe is best just to do it remotely until we see how this vaccinations work.

Fucking shite for the kids and parents trying to do it but at least they are getting some education.

But I do worry about mink parents that will being doing fuck all and how their kids will end up.

Surely there's no mink parents at the school you frequent ?

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Again using some info from the wife it’s not normally the ones with a tough homelife not bothering their arse. 

It's pretty clear they wouldn't be closing schools in Scotland, unless it was all but impossible to keep them open without "overwhelming the NHS".

It's a completely shite situation but there is always someone worse off than you, the single parent, the single parent who has lost their job, the single parent who has lost their job and has 3 kids, etc etc etc etc. 

I think if you have a job with 80% of your previous wages, and you aren't seriously ill with covid you just need to accept it's shite and get on with it. 

The politicians are completely useless cunts but that's another matter, no need to start blaming every teacher, etc

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

It's pretty clear they wouldn't be closing schools in Scotland, unless it was all but impossible to keep them open without "overwhelming the NHS".

It's a completely shite situation but there is always someone worse off than you, the single parent, the single parent who has lost their job, the single parent who has lost their job and has 3 kids, etc etc etc etc. 

I think if you have a job with 80% of your previous wages, and you aren't seriously ill with covid you just need to accept it's shite and get on with it. 

The politicians are completely useless cunts but that's another matter, no need to start blaming every teacher, etc

Very true man. 

6 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Agreed. 

27 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Surely there's no mink parents at the school you frequent ?

Do not even start me on that, they are fortunate enough that the school has supplied them all with tablets and laptops but got an email saying they are expected to wear their school uniform and phone the absence line if they are ill.

I do think they get a great education at the school but that is just pretentious nonsense. Who gives a fuck if they are doing it in their pj’s it’s nae exactly normal times.

There will Working Mum’s and Dad’s to trying work from home, don’t think wearing a school uniform is a major priority. 

Might write them a strongly worded letter (I won’t)

3 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Do not even start me on that, they are fortunate enough that the school has supplied them all with tablets and laptops but got an email saying they are expected to wear their school uniform and phone the absence line if they are ill.

I do think they get a great education at the school but that is just pretentious nonsense. Who gives a fuck if they are doing it in their pj’s it’s nae exactly normal times.

There will Working Mum’s and Dad’s to trying work from home, don’t think wearing a school uniform is a major priority. 

Might write them a strongly worded letter (I won’t)

I think it's to do with keeping routine and structure for the kids. Also ensuring they are ready to learn, not half asleep just rolled of bed.

You don't want the kids developing mental issues and running away from (home) schooling as they're not getting the teaching they require.

3 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

I think it's to do with keeping routine and structure for the kids. Also ensuring they are ready to learn, not half asleep just rolled of bed.

You don't want the kids developing mental issues and running away from (home) schooling as they're not getting the teaching they require.

I get that but kids know it’s not normal times, home schooling if you’re working and got online meetings is nae easy, they could just say it’s dress down covid month or shit.