Coronavirus

Henry

20 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Folk who had kids but couldn't really be bothered to look after kids and really couldn't afford them now moaning as they have to stay at home and look after them and can't really afford it. :)

I assume your main underlying point here is that one parent's place should be in the home and everyone should be able to live off the earnings of the main provider?

Otherwise, I don't really understand how you can't reconcile affordability depending on your availability to earn something?  

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Yip and I'm lucky in that the schools closing doesn't really affect childcare as I can't work anyway. The government expecting me to live in a pittance while demanding taxes be paid means I'm fucking skint though but I'm sure you'll manage to manipulate that into being my own fault somehow.

Shouldn't o had bairns min. 

1 minute ago, Foster14 said:

I assume your main underlying point here is that one parent's place should be in the home and everyone should be able to live off the earnings of the main provider?

Otherwise, I don't really understand how you can't reconcile affordability depending on your availability to earn something?  

More or less, aye.

Womens lib has a lot to answer for. 

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Fits the gaylord forum?

You can't really be bothered to look after them or afford them if you both have to work imo. 

We both don’t “have” to work. We choose to.

We could live off each other’s salary quite comfortably but yes you are right - we should have had the foresight to predict a global pandemic that would close schools and nurseries and decide not to have a family.

1 minute ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

We both don’t “have” to work. We choose to.

We could live off each other’s salary quite comfortably but yes you are right - we should have had the foresight to predict a global pandemic that would close schools and nurseries and decide not to have a family.

You could, but neither of you really wants to bide at hame with the bairns then.

That was my initial point. Its either financial or the fact folk don't want  to look after them ft, hence the outrage re schools. 

Just now, Betty Swallicks said:

You could, but neither of you really wants to bide at hame with the bairns then.

That was my initial point. Its either financial or the fact folk don't want  to look after them ft, hence the outrage re schools. 

Are advocating abolishing schools or something? How can you "bide at hame" with a bairn who is at school?

Strange man

Just now, Betty Swallicks said:

We both had careers before we had children.

There are childcare options out there that mean we can pay others to look after our children for parts of the day so we can both work and earn even more money.

The ability to afford or be ‘arsed’ doesn’t come into it. Doesn’t make any sense to quit a job just because childcare isn’t available for a month - that’s mental.

Think you should go and get some experience of life Betty.

Just now, manboobs109 said:

Are advocating abolishing schools or something? How can you "bide at hame" with a bairn who is at school?

Strange man

You could bide at hame whilst the bairn was at school non?

It would make sense really just incase the bairn was ill or the schools closed or something but you'd have to spend a bit more time with the bairn so fuck that eh.

2 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

We both had careers before we had children.

There are childcare options out there that mean we can pay others to look after our children for parts of the day so we can both work and earn even more money.

The ability to afford or be ‘arsed’ doesn’t come into it. Doesn’t make any sense to quit a job just because childcare isn’t available for a month - that’s mental.

Think you should go and get some experience of life Betty.

"Arsed" clearly does come into it. Why have kids then pan them off to someone else to look after whilst you both keep careers? You can't be arsed to scap one career even though it would benefit the bairn.

As for experience of life...... LOL son.

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

You could bide at hame whilst the bairn was at school non?

It would make sense really just incase the bairn was ill or the schools closed or something but you'd have to spend a bit more time with the bairn so fuck that eh.

Haha what a dingbat. What do you think people do when their kids are ill? They stay of work and stay in with them. Same as they are doing now. 

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

"Arsed" clearly does come into it. Why have kids then pan them off to someone else to look after whilst you both keep careers? You can't be arsed to scap one career even though it would benefit the bairn.

As for experience of life...... LOL son.

Don’t “son” me you prick. Sounds like you are either:

1) not a father

B) a terrible father

D) had a bad experience with your own father (probably fingered yi)

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

Exceptional fishing trip from Betty here. It must be fishing as no cunt is dense enough to have those actual beliefs. Baffling he has managed to reel some in with it. What a dingbat. 

As I said, Womens Lib has a lot to answer for. 

Women enter the "male" workplace, supply and demand, wages drop.... both parents now have to work.

Just now, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Don’t “son” me you prick. Sounds like you are either:

1) not a father

B) a terrible father

D) had a bad experience with your own father (probably fingered yi)

YOU need some life experience.

1, B, D options? All wrong. 

Father of 2. Both doing fine. Father never fingered me. 

See how yours turn out son then we'll talk. :)

1 minute ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Did not Sturgeon make new measures just about a week ago, and has now followed up with this?

As others have requested, she should definitely publish the evidence / science on this, to justify her decision.

Why close Primary schools?  They had done very well in managed the situation in the previous term,

To noise up folk who can't afford or don't reaaly want kids? ;)

18 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You're saying this lockdown is pointless, or did I misunderstand again?

It's not "pointless", no. It'll have an impact in suppressing the spread of Covid. 

However if you were asking if repeated "lockdowns" effective in managing Covid in the medium to long-term? My answer would be "No".