Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

The Bulgarians are organised crime led. Mate of mine bought a property in Sunny Beach when it exploded. Soon took the profit and sold up after 4/5 visits. Laid back my arse. Gangsters and bandits. 

If you keep on the right side of the locals, they are pretty laid back, RS. Enjoyed my conversation with a lad who ran a football shirt stall, amongst other things, who enlightened me with knowledge of Bulgarian history and its people.

Bulgarians and neighbouring Turks do not get on and it's not advisable to wear a Galatasaray top, for example, unless you want an early grave. Turks aren't welcome, along with Muslims from countries other than, of course, Bulgaria. 

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

If you keep on the right side of the locals, they are pretty laid back, RS. Enjoyed my conversation with a lad who ran a football shirt stall, amongst other things, who enlightened me with knowledge of Bulgarian history and its people.

Bulgarians and neighbouring Turks do not get on and it's not advisable to wear a Galatasaray top, for example, unless you want an early grave. Turks aren't welcome, along with Muslims from countries other than, of course, Bulgaria. 

Never been but sounds a fantastic place from what you're saying, must put it on my go to list. 

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The Bulgarians are organised crime led. Mate of mine bought a property in Sunny Beach when it exploded. Soon took the profit and sold up after 4/5 visits. Laid back my arse. Gangsters and bandits. 

Sunny Beach is the only place I have been to where the pub/restaurant had a sign outside stating “no guns”. 

6 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

His sister must be inaccurate because she formed a different opinion to you? 

Well if she termed it "little Mexico" when less than 1/3rd of the population is Hispanic, then it's a bit misleading. 

Also, apart from old town San Diego (which is pretty much just a tourist bit), there's not much "Mexican" about the place at all. 

As I said, maybe it's changed loads in 16 years. I don't know and don't really care, so I don't really want to debate it. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Well if she termed it "little Mexico" when less than 1/3rd of the population is Hispanic, then it's a bit misleading. 

Also, apart from old town San Diego (which is pretty much just a tourist bit), there's not much "Mexican" about the place at all. 

As I said, maybe it's changed loads in 16 years. I don't know and don't really care. 

You're incredibly sensitive and very pedantic. Maybe my sister may have visited the part of San Diego that is dominated by persons of Hispanic origin or heritage. 

It's as though your opinion is fact and law, and nobody else's judgement matters, or if it does it is open to your perceived higher intellect and rigorous interrogation. 

You may or may not be like that in person or if you truly are you would be jobless, without a girlfriend and alienated from society. 

No "dig" intended, just my own distinctive and empirical summary. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

You're incredibly sensitive and very pedantic. Maybe my sister may have visited the part of San Diego that is dominated by persons of Hispanic origin or heritage. 

In which case her view of San Diego as a whole would be inaccurate, like I said. 

It's as though your opinion is fact and law, and nobody else's judgement matters, or if it does it is open to your perceived higher intellect and rigorous interrogation. 

Not at all I talk pish all the time. When I think someone else is doing it, I say so. I've no issue when someone says so to me. 

You may or may not be like that in person or if you truly are you would be jobless, without a girlfriend and alienated from society. 

No "dig" intended, just my own distinctive and empirical summary. 

There's very much a dig intended. Why not stop being a shitebag and just admit that? 

38 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Never been but sounds a fantastic place from what you're saying, must put it on my go to list. 

Went there in '93 before it really became popular. Flew on a Balkan Airlines Tupolev 154. Went like a rocket but not so hot at low speed coming in to land. You'll be fine now as it's 737's the charter companies use.

Nudism was tolerated, almost encouraged on the beach

Don't change money in official outlets. You'll get at least double the rate off the waiters in the hotel. 

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Yeah , worked there . Tilly has a load of grey uninspiring flats ? 

I lived in the high rises there for a couple years when I was in my early twenties, best days ever, great balconies, epic parties. My daughter would be aghast at the thought of living in a high rise these days, turned her nose up at the cheap apartment I booked for us in Krakow. I've somehow brought her up a snob.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Went there in '93 before it really became popular. Flew on a Balkan Airlines Tupolev 154. Went like a rocket but not so hot at low speed coming in to land. You'll be fine now as it's 737's the charter companies use.

Nudism was tolerated, almost encouraged on the beach

Don't change money in official outlets. You'll get at least double the rate off the waiters in the hotel. 

I was only kidding, not really going. Sounds like Blackpool.

3 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

That video is pretty chilling, but still, imagine losing a swedge to a Scottish copper.  

They're scrawny wee bawbags with bumfluff tashes and arms like pipe cleaners.

You could probably take one out with some homosexual Tai Chi. 

Not quite smart enough to go to University, would never make it far in business, mmmhhh, got to be a school teacher or a copper. The beige of society. Bit of power turns some into utter wankers with ideas way above their station. 

I've had a kicking a couple times in the cells, just let them get on with it, only ever going to be one winner.