Coronavirus

Henry

3 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Our old Norwegian lum had an asbestos plate at the top. After 40 odd years of the council cleaning it, they suddenly wouldn’t go near it until it was removed. Plenty of polish types were willing but got shifty when eh asked for their asbestos licence.  Couldn’t use the lum in the end, but that’s the new owners problem now.

Having a fireplace is a lovely thing but lums are more hassle than they’re worth.  

I don't remember asking for your irrelevance.

Polish has a capital letter too. Making it polish just makes you look dumber than ever.

Just now, 1903Fitba said:

spacer.png^Bo Bri/MAD and Boofon 

House renovation chat - LOL

Haha.

I'll be Dion. Same size of ?

7 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Our old Norwegian lum had an asbestos plate at the top. After 40 odd years of the council cleaning it, they suddenly wouldn’t go near it until it was removed. Plenty of polish types were willing but got shifty when eh asked for their asbestos licence.  Couldn’t use the lum in the end, but that’s the new owners problem now.

Having a fireplace is a lovely thing but lums are more hassle than they’re worth.  

Never knew you used to love in Norway ??

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Yanks upping their dole from $300 a week to $400 and giving every person $2000 dollars to spend. Puts this country to shame with their pitiful response. Even what Trump was doing was much more generous. 

All the help in this country is weighted towards the already well off. Absolute disgrace. 

Don't kid yourself.  Unemployment benefits without the extra in many conservative states are pitiful $ 250 a week, no one can survive on that. here in Oregon its better, but it is a liberal-left state.  Plus many employers are evil enough (do not ask me why) that when they lay off workers because Coronavirus they lie and say the employee was no good. Thus no unemployment at all.  Then they claim interest  free loans from the feds ( individual cannot)  and claim they spent 40% helpng their employees through the virus.. So big bucks..no need to prove anything.

• Dildo 1
Just now, Oregon Red said:

Don't kid yourself.  Unemployment benefits without the extra in many conservative states are pitiful $ 250 a week, no one can survive on that. here in Oregon its better, but it is a liberal-left state.  Plus many employers are evil enough (do not ask me why) that when they lay off workers because Coronavirus they lie and say the employee was no good. Thus no unemployment at all.  Then they claim interest  free loans from the feds ( individual cannot)  and claim they spent 40% helpng their employees through the virus.. So big bucks..no need to prove anything.

There's a lot worse going on here man. I'm getting £90 a week in Universal Credit and there's going to be a vote in a few weeks to try and cut that by £20 a week.

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

There's a lot worse going on here man. I'm getting £90 a week in Universal Credit and there's going to be a vote in a few weeks to try and cut that by £20 a week.

For fucks sake!! Really?  Sorry man, that's awful. When i went walk-a-bout ( quit my job an wandered across the Western States camping and what not..i got $570 a week  for 6 months.  Look's  like UK is Alabama as far as benefits go.

2 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

For fucks sake!! Really?  Sorry man, that's awful. When i went walk-a-bout ( quit my job an wandered across the Western States camping and what not..i got $570 a week  for 6 months.  Look's  like UK is Alabama as far as benefits go.

Yeah it's a weird (shit) system over here. The cheeky cunts make you jump through hoops for it as well. 

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Yeah it's a weird (shit) system over here. The cheeky cunts make you jump through hoops for it as well. 

System in Oregon is you have to have at least 5 possible employer contacts  looking for work per week. Easy just google companies. Call them and log that they didn't hire you.  Then go have fun..i can see why that is not possible now in the UK

3 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

for real even at that low amount of money?  Its a disgrace that a guy like Manboobs who has paid in all his life gets shit

Did he not say way back in this that he had been economical with his tax affairs and therefore got fucked with the benefits given out to self employed workers?

Might be mistaken but it rings a bell.