Coronavirus

Henry

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

It doesn't exist in Guernsey. It was on the news. All in a pub, no masks, breathing all over each other, just like the old days.

Quite why it's spreading out of control on the mainland is as yet unknown and all speculation. Without being able to identify problems, without having the political maturity to acknowledge that it exists, the solutions are impossible to introduce. 

Tiny wee island innit. Stopping international travel, test certificates, quarantine, none of it is sustainable.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We don't make a new flu vaccine every year. It takes the flu virus around 8 years to fully mutate and if you catch the flu (and I mean you really do get it, not some self certificated exaggerated cold symptoms that most folk go off sick with) then you cannot get it again until it's fully mutated.....people who claim to get it ever year or 2 are lying.

The actual vaccine always contains last year's main local strain. They then add 2 further strains as "best guesses" from those that have been prevalent elsewhere in the world. (the viruses are inactivated)

Covid is massively more infectious because we had no initial resistance to what was a brand new virus. The dangerous thing about it is it is mutating at a bizarrely rapid rate of knots. 17 strains known of so far from just one in 15 months. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

When you say "fully mutate", what does that mean? They say one of the Covid strains has 15 mutations. How close is that to fully mutating? 

13 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It could be though. It's getting more infectious, deadly and vaccine resistant and it's only existed a year. In ten years it'll be even worse. 

Or it’ll continue killing the old and sick and the rest of us will get back to life as normal 

Ain’t none of us getting out of here alive 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Or we'll develop vaccines and treatments to it. 

Glass half full. No point wallowing in grimness. 

We need to look at reality though Parky. How many diseases have we eradicated in such short order? Even TB is still killing millions every year with a vaccine and treatments and its obviously nowhere near as infectious as covid

20 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I don't see any politician making that choice unfortunately 

19 minutes ago, NEM said:

Well it’s time for an election. 

Zero difference. No politician behoven to votes will put their neck on the line when it comes to deaths statistics. It's all in on mass vaccination and hope for the best whether you subscribe to that or not

5 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Just reading about the Brazilian strains, apparently they are infecting people who have already had it which would surely mean they are resistant to the vaccine as it stands. We're just going to end up vaccinating the same few million people over and over again. The poor old cunts will be like pin cushions. 

I'm genuinely starting to think that pubs, gigs, live football, overseas travel,are all finished. I just can't see how they'll ever be able to come back and if they do the majority of people will be too scared to go so they won't be viable. The politicians will have such a hard on for them all that the stupid fucking rules will eventually sicken the people that do want to go so much that even if they do come back they'll quickly die a death.

You better change your bedsheets before you go to sleep because you've just pished all over them.

Fit a fucking moan you are min.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Just dropping some truth bombs. 

If you're happy to just cross your fingers and hope it's all going to be OK that's your choice. 

It is what it is. Its been handled abysmally by those in charge, but constantly whinging and moaning about it is going to change fuck all. And thats all you do. Whinge and moan.

It's Saturday night, have a night off. Have a beer, smoke a joint, have a wank.  Something other than the usual moaning you do day after day, night after night.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

It is what it is. Its been handled abysmally by those in charge, but constantly whinging and moaning about it is going to change fuck all. And thats all you do. Whinge and moan.

It's Saturday night, have a night off. Have a beer, smoke a joint, have a wank.  Something other than the usual moaning you do day after day, night after night.

I've been telling him this for months. He loves to wallow in misery. 

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc

Unfair criticism of POTY imho

Blind optimism wrt unproven vaccination is worthy of daily whinging.

Some amount of pliant sheep on here willing to accept the word of proven incompetent halfwits.

2 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

You were the cunt that had a go at me and brother @Ke1t back in January last year for being drama queens, just for reporting what was going down.

Including some unnecessary, tabloid style attacks on my impeccable character.

Look at you now, whining like a little bitch.

Appreciating your situ is different now than it was then, but for fucks sake son - down that shit in your glass, fill it half up again, and look at it another time.

I thank you. 

Infighting amongst the ranks.

You boys are cracking up.