Coronavirus

Henry

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Last word on the topic, it's telling that no one can offer a counter argument, all it is is "stop fucking moaning" like no one wants to hear what they already strongly suspect. 

It's all to do with Mother Nature.

Too many people on the planet,destroyed the rainforests,polluted the oceans.

Now she want be happy till she wiped half of us oot.

So the Milkman says anyhow.?

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've thought in a lot of depth about it. It's been discussed to death. Your relentless negativity about fucking everything can't be doing you any good though. 

I appreciate your concern but I'm fine. Just think it's worth discussing the future on here but if no one else does it's all fairly pointless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I appreciate your concern but I'm fine. Just think it's worth discussing the future on here but if no one else does it's all fairly pointless. 

Let's do it then.

What do you think the future will be like? Realistically mind you not your usual rhetoric of pubs will be shut for ages.

How do you see the next 12 months panning out? What's your feeling regarding the vaccines and how do you think their success / failure will impact the UK?  In what way do you think Tier 4 restrictions could justifiably be extended/ lifted? How do you feel the current mask wearing requirements will develop over the next 12 months?

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Let's do it then.

What do you think the future will be like? Realistically mind you not your usual rhetoric of pubs will be shut for ages.

How do you see the next 12 months panning out? What's your feeling regarding the vaccines and how do you think their success / failure will impact the UK?  In what way do you think Tier 4 restrictions could justifiably be extended/ lifted? How do you feel the current mask wearing requirements will develop over the next 12 months?

I've said it before. Schools back March/April, Level 2 like restrictions most of the summer, panic starts September/October, lockdown over winter, repeat next year. Masks will now be required permanently. 

If we keep testing for Covid we'll keep finding it and we'll keep panicking. 

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I've said it before. Schools back March/April, Level 2 like restrictions most of the summer, panic starts September/October, lockdown over winter, repeat next year. Masks will now be required permanently. 

If we keep testing for Covid we'll keep finding it and we'll keep panicking. 

Good discussion. Cheers.

Just now, manboobs109 said:

Hilarious

:gay:

Asked you open questions and you've came out with the same tired old stuff. Not answered all of them either.

Was a chance for you to expand a bit if you're serious about wanting a discussion.

Try again.

19 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Let's do it then.

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Schools - why do kids need to be in school full time? 1. If they can learn well enough at home why have the expense of not required. 2. Part time schooling would make sense

1. They can't.

2. Agree 100% for now.

Home schooling if nowhere near the experience required for being in school. It's a shambles. IT issues, lack of interaction, teachers snowed under preparing lessons that are either ignored, misunderstood or complained about by parents with no clue about what the lesson actually is. List goes on and on. KIds need to be back to school getting proper lessons in a real learning environment as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

1. They can't.

2. Agree 100% for now.

Home schooling if nowhere near the experience required for being in school. It's a shambles. IT issues, lack of interaction, teachers snowed under preparing lessons that are either ignored, misunderstood or complained about by parents with no clue about what the lesson actually is. List goes on and on. KIds need to be back to school getting proper lessons in a real learning environment as soon as possible.

Hey can you imagine Basher Mcpherson on Teams or Glow or Zoom ??

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

1. They can't.

2. Agree 100% for now.

When will that be possible is my point? If it's not safe this winter why would it be safe next winter? 

We are basing everything in vaccines giving protection for a length of time against an ever spreading, ever mutating virus. Even if accept that they will offer that level of protection we don't know who is protected.

Every death, every outbreak, will breed panic and calls for lockdowns.

16 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Schools - why do kids need to be in school full time? If they can learn well enough at home why have the expense of not required. Part time schooling would make sense

10 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

1. They can't.

2. Agree 100% for now.

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

When will that be possible is my point? If it's not safe this winter why would it be safe next winter? 

We are basing everything in vaccines giving protection for a length of time against an ever spreading, ever mutating virus. Even if accept that they will offer that level of protection we don't know who is protected.

Every death, every outbreak, will breed panic and calls for lockdowns.

Is it?

Where did you say that?

It's not safe this winter because the vaccine system hasn't been rolled out completely and the government (rightly or wrongly) have made the decision to close the schools while they get the R rate under control.

My best guess is when we have a high proportion of people vaccinated the virus deaths will be at a level that is deemed as normal enough for things to return to normal school wise at least. For now we're living with a hopelessly prepared government doing knee jerk reactions to every change.

Just now, The Boofon said:

If you're asked open questions and want a discussion then answer the questions to provoke the discussion.

Seems pretty fucking simple.

Do you think the vaccine will prove effective enough for "normal" life to resume and if so when?

I ask you baring in mind that the flu vaccine effectiveness has been as low as 15% in the past.