Coronavirus

Henry

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Think he reads here? 

It's starting to slowly dawn on people though, most people are starting to realise life has changed permanently. 

As a wee aside I nipped over to Dundee to get a pair of shoes. Every fucking shoe shop shut. Surely shoes are essential? 

Pound land is open though.

Really essential.

thon naked rambler cunts a deviant..its nae aboot excersizin ez richts. .its aboot satisfyin ez desires..cousin bessie sez the cunt ran at her wankin..n e wis spunkin ? big grin oan ez coupon..couple o auld wifes sez thi seen the cunt lyin in bushes daein eh helicopter tae..e gits ez kicks fae pittin oan a show..body oan him liket gollum/cockney..ez fuckin emaciatet

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Arabian Knight said:

thon naked rambler cunts a deviant..its nae aboot excersizin ez richts. .its aboot satisfyin ez desires..cousin bessie sez the cunt ran at her wankin..n e wis spunkin ? big grin oan ez coupon..couple o auld wifes sez thi seen the cunt lyin in bushes daein eh helicopter tae..e gits ez kicks fae pittin oan a show..body oan him liket gollum/cockney..ez fuckin emaciatet

It must be quite something to walk about in public ,bollock naked, and not give one fuck .

Just now, manboobs109 said:

An old dear down my bit, mum of one of my mum's pals, taken into hospital today with Covid. Got her vaccine a just after new year. 

Not sure what to make of it tbh. 

Did she only get one shot, or has she had the booster inna? 

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

An old dear down my bit, mum of one of my mum's pals, taken into hospital today with Covid. Got her vaccine a just after new year. 

Not sure what to make of it tbh. 

My Granda got moved into a care home just before Christmas. Quarantined for 2 weeks over the festive period (scandalous but never mind that’s a separate issue). Tested before he went in, tested after the quarantine then given the vaccine. Couple of weeks later tests positive despite nobody being allowed to visit and none of the other staff or patients returning a positive test.

Vaccine is useless and/or the test is a heap of shite. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Defo just one shot. No one around here has had a second one yet. 

According to what I'm reading, the efficacy of the single shot is only 30-40%.  She sounds like an auld lass, so I'm interested to hear if the initial shot helps her beat it... sounds morbid, but valuable information. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/19/single-covid-vaccine-dose-in-israel-less-effective-than-we-hoped

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

According to what I'm reading, the efficacy of the single shot is only 30-40%.  She sounds like an auld lass, so I'm interested to hear if the initial shot helps her beat it... sounds morbid, but valuable information. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/19/single-covid-vaccine-dose-in-israel-less-effective-than-we-hoped

The way the NHS website describes it the second shot gives you longer protection not better

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

The 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine should give you good protection from coronavirus. But you need to have the 2 doses of the vaccine to give you longer lasting protection.”

Possibly just poorly worded 

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

The way the NHS website describes it the second shot gives you longer protection not better

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

The 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine should give you good protection from coronavirus. But you need to have the 2 doses of the vaccine to give you longer lasting protection.”

Possibly just poorly worded 

'Good protection' is vague to the point of being worthless information in isolation, maybe deliberately so on their part. 

The initial shot requires a booster to give 'full', long term immunity, and without the booster shot the initial shot is only good for 6 weeks or so. So the second shot does give you longer/'full' immunity. But 'good' in this case seems more to pertain to efficacy rather than longevity, since longevity is implied in the the second sentence. 

I'd take 'good' to mean a 'degree of immunity' rather than 'period of time' of immunity.

Say, 30-40%, if anyone considers that 'good'.

9 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I don't get why they don't just do what the cunts who've made it recommend. Seems mental. 

Exactly. The large scale trials of the Pfizer vaccine have all been done on the basis of vaccine doses 3 weeks apart. That's what all the data we have is based on & that's what Pfizer recommend. 

Why the fuck you'd change that, I've no idea. Playing a very dangerous game. I suspect they're doing it so they can half vaccinate more people and make the numbers look more impressive. Trying to play the short term polling game, rather than taking the right course of action. They've done it all along through this and still haven't learnt their lesson. 

There was something like 50,000 in the Pfizer trials. I don't know anything about trials of new medicines but that sounds pretty large scale to me. 

Obviously it's nothing compared to the numbers of people who'll actually get the jab and given the short length of the trials, we've no idea the long term efficacy of the vaccines. 

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

In this case it was just an unfortunate way with words. We agree that the UK government playing politics with the numbers and not adhering to manufacturer recommendation is madness. We have yet to learn if Pfizer managed to produce something that works and if they did, it would be both world-record breaking (by a HUGE factor) and lucky. Even their recommendations are best guesswork just now. 

Or maybe the scientists are just genius people and we are 'lucky' to have them .