Coronavirus

Henry

6 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Hate running with a passion but for me what has worked is a PT. Eh look forward to going, do 40 minutes intensive twice a week and have dropped 10kg since august. Eh wasn’t fat before, but am positively lean now. Still eat and drink as before but feel 10 years younger.

Getting fit is 100% in the mind.

Sounds like it involves physical effort and getting your cheque book out for you. 

7 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

That's my point. How many problem drinkers don't want to drink? gambling addicts don't want to gamble? 

The majority of people in this country have a problem relationship with food but we just call them lazy, fat, stupid, when they clearly aren't. A lot of overweight people go to the gym, eat lots of fruit and veg but are still overweight, why do we never look at the food industry? The people causing and profiting from the problem? 

Id say it's more a lack of awareness, and laziness with the ones I mentioned. Most people know that cans of irn bru are full of sugar, and that a msssive coffee thats laden with milk and a shot of flavoured syrup is full of calories. And most people know that crisps for breakfast isn't a good idea - it was just easier for her to eat them!

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Where about in Perth you based min?

This isn't me offering PT skills or a chance of bumming might I add. This is general chit chat.

Anywhere near Karrinyup Water Resorts. This is where I stayed, AirBNB house.

Cracking place Perth, out the window for this year but perhaps 2022 near the end of the year, got the buzz to go back. Some lifestyle, my sister and the kids very settled (albeit they are residents now and lived their 10+ years).

We are maybe 20 mins north of Karrinyup on the coast.

We have been lucky here through the covids, can’t complain at all.  

12 hours ago, Zeus said:

And guess what's making folk fatter and in turn more likely to get hammered by covid? 

Staying and home and protecting the NHS 

"can you honestly say your going outside to exercise and not meet friends" 

Get fucked 

Shutting gyms and keeping the likes of McDonald’s open another master stroke from the govt 

10 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Explain this , you weigh yourself fully clothed and take a note of the resut, THEN you go for a run , have a shite, then weigh yourself naked and you come back 2lbs heavier having consumed no water or food since the last weigh-in?

Life is cruel. 

Think you need to invest in new scales min ?

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I did originally write 150 Lashes but you know what this place is like. Would be all over it with some sort of sexual innuendo.

Yup, rich get richer.

Every time I've passed McDonald's, the queues have been ridiculous.

Roll on 2022 when pandemic is over and the government can't figure out why we have become a nation of fat cunts.

I admire your optimism.....

21 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Yeah absolutely.

Unfortunately will be too late for the old fella. I want out now, quite frustrating that I'll perhaps never be able to get a pint with him again in a boozer. Even putting on his socks now has been a struggle. Complete waste of a fucking year, and running out of time, 6 months back to normal is too late really.

All because the government on both sides of the border got it so badly wrong from the off and played politics with each other for point scoring purposes.

Same with my old man but i was able to get up to see him bteween lockdowns last month. It's not even so much getting up, it's the fear that you might not get back for a long time. It's all fucked! Good to see you back again, berto.

23 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Yeah absolutely.

Unfortunately will be too late for the old fella. I want out now, quite frustrating that I'll perhaps never be able to get a pint with him again in a boozer. Even putting on his socks now has been a struggle. Complete waste of a fucking year, and running out of time, 6 months back to normal is too late really.

Fuck sake nae good mate ?

2 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Id say it's more a lack of awareness, and laziness with the ones I mentioned. Most people know that cans of irn bru are full of sugar, and that a msssive coffee thats laden with milk and a shot of flavoured syrup is full of calories. And most people know that crisps for breakfast isn't a good idea - it was just easier for her to eat them!

You're a weegie, crisps for breakfast is a healthy option. 

Horrible breed, no idea why they attached themselves to our great City.

11 hours ago, DD1903 said:

My Mrs worked with 2 young lassies that were constantly on 'diets'. They couldn't understand how they couldn't lose weight. One started her working day with a can of irn bru and drank 2-3 cans a day, the other drank massive takeaway coffees like they were going out of fashion. 

my old boss stood talking to me one morning, declaring that she couldn't understand why she couldn't lose weight, no matter how much she tried, as she ate 2 bags of crisps at 830 in the morning. 

That's a lie.

No way a weegie works, should be banned for that post, utter lies.  @Bebo

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, NEM said:

The more the vaccine is rolled out, especially to the vulnerable, the more people will be coming out and speaking this way. Matt Hancock reckons Covid will have to be managed like flu by the end of the year with the advancement in treatment and more vaccines being given out. 

34 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

The more the vaccine is rolled out, especially to the vulnerable, the more people will be coming out and speaking this way. Matt Hancock reckons Covid will have to be managed like flu by the end of the year with the advancement in treatment and more vaccines being given out. 

That’d be fine - we don’t shut down for the flu. Can’t see it though  

30 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Well done that man. He's been vocal for a while now. This is the logic that should be used going forward. But i still think it wont be. Cants!

If Leitch is advising the Scottish Government then we're never going to get anywhere. 

Out of all the people that appear on the daily covid show that prick looks like he's enjoying the attention the most. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I agree to an extent. The availability and ease of access to sugary food in supermarkets is a problem but that doesn't stop someone from exercising. 

Modern life Hanzo. Cars, less manual labour, busier lives, more home entertainment, more calorific food which is heavily marketed. If it was just "laziness" it wouldn't be such a high percentage of the population.

It's part of being human that we think we've avoided situations(poverty,obesity,mental illness) because we're better than the people who do suffer from them but it's not always the case. Life is different for different people and circumstances affect some people in some ways and not others.

Morbidly obese people are clearly mentally ill. It's a slow suicide, but the massive rise in obesity can't just be because a large percentage of people have become stupid or lazy, there is clearly other factors at work and unless we look at that it will never be solved.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Modern life Hanzo. Cars, less manual labour, busier lives, more home entertainment, more calorific food which is heavily marketed. If it was just "laziness" it wouldn't be such a high percentage of the population.

It's part of being human that we think we've avoided situations(poverty,obesity,mental illness) because we're better than the people who do suffer from them but it's not always the case. Life is different for different people and circumstances affect some people in some ways and not others.

Morbidly obese people are clearly mentally ill. It's a slow suicide, but the massive rise in obesity can't just be because a large percentage of people have become stupid or lazy, there is clearly other factors at work and unless we look at that it will never be solved.

The food industry has a lot to answer for but it’s not exactly rocket science to know what’s good for you or not. Folk need to take responsibility for themselves - nae stuff their faces with donuts all day then blame the adverts on the Tv for being fat

20 minutes ago, NEM said:

The food industry has a lot to answer for but it’s not exactly rocket science to know what’s good for you or not. Folk need to take responsibility for themselves - nae stuff their faces with donuts all day then blame the adverts on the Tv for being fat

Nobody really does tbf. Every fat cunt generally self loathes about their eating habits, hence perpetual diets. It can't just be lack of discipline, stupidity, greediness, there's got to be more to it is my only point. 

14 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Exacto. The counter argument of the food advertisements influencing people is that the fitness industry has never been more high profile than it is today and you can get a gym membership for £15 a month.   Some folk just pick the easy option i.e chips. 

So if that's all there is to it why has obesity got so bad recently? Why wasn't it a problem in the past? 

18 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Exacto. The counter argument of the food advertisements influencing people is that the fitness industry has never been more high profile than it is today and you can get a gym membership for £15 a month.   Some folk just pick the easy option i.e chips. 

Gym weight loss programs will not be effective long term on the majority of the population. They need to be far more active constantly during working day and recreationally outside work or school.

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

So if that's all there is to it why has obesity got so bad recently? Why wasn't it a problem in the past? 

You hit nail on head earlier - the shift to massively lazy cunt lifestyle work-wise and recreation-wise compared to the past, combined with gorging on convenience calories. The what are you drinking today thread illustrates that point if you take it at face value

Consumer society being manipulated to consume