Coronavirus

Henry

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

They dont develop "new" flu vaccines each year. Influenza virus mutates relatively slowly compared to covid19.......all they do is put in inactivated virus from the main infective strain affecting the UK from the previous year plus 2 best guesses of the 5 or 6 other strains worldwide that they think could be imported, thus giving coverage for 3 different strains. This makes the flu vaccine comparatively cheap to produce...........but an annual covid vaccine because it is....at least for now....producing a new variant somewhere around the world about once every 4-6 weeks......is going to require a lot more work. As I predicted a couple of months back....there's now an Indian variant which apparently is a double mutant strain. Could render their whole vaccination programme there to date almost useless

You also said that the vaccines would be ineffective against the SA and Brazilian variants and were likely to be ineffective against the Kent variant, so your predictions in this area have been a bit shit.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

They are ineffective against the Brazilian and SA strains

Is this true?

The news keeps reporting that big pharma just need to tweak their vaccine a bit in order to deal with any of these crazy foreign variants (Whilst at the same time telling us we all need to take the vaccine in case the virus mutates to elude the vaccine).

Which is it?

Astra one is 70% effective against the UK variant. That's the only data I could see quickly. Still no cunt died in the trial.

While mongs fuck aboot (France by being French Germany by being federal) there will be heaps more variants to come.

Less yapping more jabbing is my (uninformed) opinion on it. Getting your immune system off the blocks is good in a general sense.

Like pavement dancing before exchanging fantasy slaps (see demo below).

Borders need to be actual borders though. Fucking taking ages to learn this.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

But if the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission how will it prevent variants?

Maybe the vaccine, that isn’t really a vaccine, could encourage variants?

Less people having 'it' for less time surely good. Having a ready immune system to suppress something nearly like the vaccine you had will shorten time till effective.

Na. Less outs for virus surely?

I've had the Astra one there's a heap of muppetry floating about if this was the plague would cunts be dithering over vaccines?

Well kills like the plague for some so stop being fuds.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 3
9 hours ago, tutankamun said:

Is this true?

The news keeps reporting that big pharma just need to tweak their vaccine a bit in order to deal with any of these crazy foreign variants (Whilst at the same time telling us we all need to take the vaccine in case the virus mutates to elude the vaccine).

Which is it?

If it was effective, why on earth would they need to "tweak" it at all? Yes they are confident that the changes required won't be difficult to do......but as I've said, new variants are popping up elsewhere every 4-6 weeks. By the time they alter to cover the SA and Brazilian variants (tentatively expected by October) there will be another 4 or 5 variants at least. (already we know of Japanese and Indian variants)

10 hours ago, CraigHill said:

Ineffective, as in not at all effective?

Guess a man of science as you portray yourself to be can support that with some evidence?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/91658

• Site Sponsor
2 hours ago, jamiesd said:

I’ve just clicked on your link. 

Didnt read it but my eye was drawn to a link at the right hand side headed “Monkeypox”. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/monkeypox

Tickled my ribs a bit - just the name, not the disease.

Sounds like insult you’d throw at someone if you had an infantile sense of humour ?

• Haha 1