Coronavirus

Henry

37 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

@manboobs109   

Long covid stats - ooft 

Long Covid: More than a million affected in February, survey suggests - BBC News

"About 20% of people said ongoing symptoms limited their day-to-day activities a lot.

People were asked to report their own symptoms."

I used to run now I can barely walk 200m etc...

I've never done an ultramarathon since contracting long Covid :(

Was eavesdropping on a couple of old cunts chuntering on while I was waiting outside the post office today. Moaning like fuck about 200 students in St Andrews having covid. Selfish cunts for having parties. One has had their second vac and one has a date for theirs.

This mentality will never go now. We'll always have people moaning about tourists, pubs, students etc "spreading the virus" they just can't see it's them who are the selfish cunts.

They are lucky Bez is too old for it now or he'd have been set upon them and savaged them.

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

The problem there is getting people to report their own symptoms. 

like the whole ‘pain is what the patient says it is’ mantra. 

No it’s not. And you can’t trust this public to describe what they feel. They’re incapable of it

Read that in the voice of Alan Partridge. 

26 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Was eavesdropping on a couple of old cunts chuntering on while I was waiting outside the post office today. Moaning like fuck about 200 students in St Andrews having covid. Selfish cunts for having parties. One has had their second vac and one has a date for theirs.

This mentality will never go now. We'll always have people moaning about tourists, pubs, students etc "spreading the virus" they just can't see it's them who are the selfish cunts.

They are lucky Bez is too old for it now or he'd have been set upon them and savaged them.

Selfish old bastards who've already lived their lives moaning about young folk living theirs.  Should be culled

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Should've let covid run amok,  these old bastards have ruined everything and they still have the gall to moan. Like you said,  they've lived a life,  they don't give a fuck about younger folk. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Registered for for the vaccine yesterday as an unpaid carer, support a vulnerable family member. Took two mins to complete and received confirmation of my appointment for this coming Tuesday within 12 hours of making the application. 

Quite surprised how easy it was, wasn't even asked who I provide care for or anything. Just my name, address, email and phone number. 

21 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Registered for for the vaccine yesterday as an unpaid carer, support a vulnerable family member. Took two mins to complete and received confirmation of my appointment for this coming Tuesday within 12 hours of making the application. 

Quite surprised how easy it was, wasn't even asked who I provide care for or anything. Just my name, address, email and phone number. 

My son suggested this ruse last week,  I'm not fussed though. 

13 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

If it was effective, why on earth would they need to "tweak" it at all? Yes they are confident that the changes required won't be difficult to do......but as I've said, new variants are popping up elsewhere every 4-6 weeks. By the time they alter to cover the SA and Brazilian variants (tentatively expected by October) there will be another 4 or 5 variants at least. (already we know of Japanese and Indian variants)

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/91658

Do you know what ineffective means?

Less effective perhaps although inconclusive, but it’s not ineffective.

8 hours ago, tutankamun said:

Fixed it

Nah.  Still should be a personal choice but we need to win over hearts and minds. 

I wasn't personally worried about catching covid and getting ill. But I got the vaccine to reduce risk that I might catch it and pass it on to others and as part of the overall effort to get us all out of this shit. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nah.  Still should be a personal choice but we need to win over hearts and minds. 

I wasn't personally worried about catching covid and getting ill. But I got the vaccine to reduce risk that I might catch it and pass it on to others and as part of the overall effort to get us all out of this shit. 

Getting the vaccine does not stop you catching or passing on Covid-19.

I have not attended the Doctors in decades and have never received the Blue letter to ask me to have a jag.

I have decided not to bother with the vaccine.

The wife has had hers and that is all that is all that matters to me.

As for vaccine passports, don't get me started

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2

The faux outrage over the covid passports is nonsense.

Fundamentally, Its no more than a record of a vaccination - which is hardly unreasonable if we are to believe we are in the middle of a lethal pandemic.

Everyone's GP maintains records of the multiple vaccinations everyone has already had - the only difference is that they are stored in medical practices and we don't need to carry them about (because of the success of the same vaccinations in suppressing diseases).

The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) has found that the SNP are using money received for Covid relief to instead fund manifesto commitments & the nurses payrise etc:

The IFS have found that money sent northwards by the Treasury to help deal with covid will be used instead to fund free school meals for primary pupils and free bus travel for under-22-year-olds – key elements of the SNP’s manifesto.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/01/arent-scots-outraged-sturgeons-irresponsible-use-emergency-funds/

That would explain why our restrictions are being lifted much later than the rUK.

15 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I did all those things... more than once.

I went to parties. I didn't get Covid.

It's not the passport shit I have the problem with, it's having a vaccination forced in my face. Using z list celebrities to emphasis the point is souring my fucking piss as well.

Those who want or need vaccinated, no problem. I have no issue, that's their right and I don't have a go at them, but being guilt tripped into taking it, by adverts on the tv. Fucking no. That's my right.

My point is that we let the government(s) criminalise these things but for some reason we seem to find the covid "passports" a step too far. I just find that strange.

12 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The faux outrage over the covid passports is nonsense.

Fundamentally, Its no more than a record of a vaccination - which is hardly unreasonable if we are to believe we are in the middle of a lethal pandemic.

Everyone's GP maintains records of the multiple vaccinations everyone has already had - the only difference is that they are stored in medical practices and we don't need to carry them about (because of the success of the same vaccinations in suppressing diseases).

I’ve never been refused entry to a pub because I didn’t have my MMR