Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

12,000 fans likely to be allowed for the euros. Glad I'm one of the roughly 12,000 people whos bought tickets for the games. ?

Is that the case? I’ve a ticket for the Czech game and group matches in Amsterdam and Bucharest (canna see travel being allowed though)

12 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

At least I'll be remembered. 

You'll just be another Covid statistic. 

"Here lies Grays.  Terrific life of shagging, travelling, comedy, hedonism and debauchery.   Father of 8 aborted fetuses.  @Clydeside_Sheep"

"Here lies Reed or Deed - Covid wank".  

Ha ha. Well played.

At least my grave will be in a proper cemetery, rather than a hole in a muddy field in Brazil though chum.

Post mortem for you will be to strip any gold or anything worth anything off you first.

They’ll leave the hibs strip.

44 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Ha ha. Well played.

At least my grave will be in a proper cemetery, rather than a hole in a muddy field in Brazil though chum.

Post mortem for you will be to strip any gold or anything worth anything off you first.

They’ll leave the hibs strip.

And his trainers, a even heard the stray dogs laughing at them ??

#donateshoesforhibsjunkie

Britain will pass threshold for Covid herd immunity on Monday when more than 74 per cent of people will have protection against the virus, scientists say.

Herd immunity is when an infectious disease stops naturally spreading in a population because enough people are protected against the disease. 

How exactly are you protected from mutant virus strains of Covid.

Experts say they have no idea if vaccines will work on them.

:gay:

• Dildo 2
41 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

Britain will pass threshold for Covid herd immunity on Monday when more than 74 per cent of people will have protection against the virus, scientists say.

Herd immunity is when an infectious disease stops naturally spreading in a population because enough people are protected against the disease. 

Open the fucking pubs 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

Not sure how herd immunity can be achieved if the vaccine doesn’t stop you getting and passing on the virus?

As long as the vulnerable have been vaccinated, herd immunity shouldn’t matter though.

45 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Mate is a guinea pig for the Novavax vaccine...

Similar to the others, he is now on his 3rd and final jab. Yes 3 not 2.

Thought it was 4 for the trials. Two placebo then two real, or vice versa, with the patient blind to which order they were getting them in.

2 hours ago, Lencarl said:

How exactly are you protected from mutant virus strains of Covid.

Experts say they have no idea if vaccines will work on them.

:gay:

Thought herd immunity was a bad thing? Everybody was wetting their pants about it at the start

32 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The original idea of letting everyone contract Covid to attain herd immunity was what had folk wetting their pants. 

come on now Moobz.

That wasn't the idea. The idea was protect the vulnerable and let the virus spread through the rest of society to achieve herd immunity. Everybody lost their shit about that so we wrecked loads of people's lives who have minuscule chances of even getting seriously ill and let the vulnerable die anyway. 

57 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

That wasn't the idea. The idea was protect the vulnerable and let the virus spread through the rest of society to achieve herd immunity. Everybody lost their shit about that so we wrecked loads of people's lives who have minuscule chances of even getting seriously ill and let the vulnerable die anyway. 

I wonder how many people that have genuinely been saved from dying from Covid. I wonder if you weighed that up against those who have committed suicide, died from missed cancer diagnoses and other non Covid deaths, would this past year of restrictions been worth it? I suspect not.

9 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

I wonder how many people that have genuinely been saved from dying from Covid. I wonder if you weighed that up against those who have committed suicide, died from missed cancer diagnoses and other non Covid deaths, would this past year of restrictions been worth it? I suspect not.

Excess deaths are down this year because lots of people who would've died this year had their deaths accelerated by Covid. At best we extended some lives by a few months/ maybe a year.

Nick Triggle was writing about it on the BBC last year, I linked to it on here, lost now unfortunately.

Found it - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

According to a FOI request I seen the other day just over 500 folk have died directly from Covid in Scotland (i.e. no underlying condition)

It's only right that we've ruined over a year of everyone's lives, killed small businesses and basically cancelled all other health care for the sake of 0.01% of the population!

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

No elective cardiac surgeries is the biggest one. They’re only allowed to do urgent cases, who then result in poorer outcomes and prolonged hospital stays. 

People who requires a heart bypass and/ or valve replacement just sit at home and slip into heart failure - quality and length of life diminished. Whilst the surgeons, perfusionists, theatre nurses, ward nurses all just bum about pretending to be busy. Do about 5 cases a week instead of a few a day. There’s a real scandal there. It’s not even the fault of NHSG. 

It’s the governments reluctance to restart elective cases as they are still reluctant to fill up the hospitals. 

the public sit at home dying and the best staff fuck off in search of work across the country at great expense to the nhs, and ultimately you. 

Im not sure if it’s any different in England, I only know folk who work up here. So dunno if it’s sturge or Boris to blame