Coronavirus

Henry

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You can't ensure it anyway. This notion that you can't protect the vulnerable from covid but you can protect everybody is a strange one.

I don't think anyone's saying they can protect everyone. 

I think they are trying to protect as many as possible. 

Just now, NEM said:

Any more difficult than shutting everything down and paying out billions in furlough etc?

It's easy to close things. It's not easy to control what people do.

The billions borrowed is from the Bank of England anyway, and it shouldn't be a huge concern of the government right now. 

I don't doubt they'll use it to justify some sort of cruel austerity soon enough. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Which is normally the reason most of your arguments fall apart 

Do you have more than one set of eyes like?

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Which is normally the reason most of your arguments fall apart 

Do you have more than one set of eyes like?

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I'm all for every cunt downing tools now. 

Tired of the nonsense, nobody has died in the NE for ages, it's basically non existent up here. 

13 months of what is effectively imprisonment has taken its toll. 

I was all for protecting people that needed it etc but at this point it's probably doing more damage than good. Every other day I'm hearing stories of people committing suicide etc, locally or in the news. 

Quite staggering the mental health aspect of this all hasn't been addressed properly by any government. 

Consi carrying out a U Turn.

Hope for him yet.

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No. 

But you wear blinkers on yours. 

I wasn't comparing the merit of my generations gripes to previous ones, I was just saying we have a right to have a gripe. 

Dunno what your deal is. Did you lose 18 months of your mid 20's to a global pandemic? 

44 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I wasn't comparing the merit of my generations gripes to previous ones, I was just saying we have a right to have a gripe. 

Dunno what your deal is. Did you lose 18 months of your mid 20's to a global pandemic? 

No, you've missed the point.  You've stated that your generation has missed out on a valuable year of their life. But other age groups have missed out on the same important time the last year. Important to them for other reasons than your own. 

You just look at things through a very narrow prism. For example shielding of the vulnerable.  You'd never think of asking them what they want, just what you think they want.

I have a lot of elderly relatives, many of which have been shielding. They understand why they need to shield but not one of them thinks that the rest of society should have been managed in the way they have.  They also want to re enter a society which resembles the one they were asked to withdraw from, not one which is socially and economically destroyed. 

A doctor interviewed the other day said covid in hospital was the lowest for over 6 months.

However he also said the rest of the wards were now filled with patients who have other illnesses and have not been treated for over a year.

A lot of these patients are too late in receiving treatment.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No, you've missed the point.  You've stated that your generation has missed out on a valuable year of their life. But other age groups have missed out on the same important time for other reasons. 

You just look at things through a very narrow prism. For example shielding of the vulnerable.  You'd never think of asking them what they want, just what you think they want.

I have a lot of elderly relatives, many of which have been shielding. They understand why they need to shield but not one of them thinks that the rest of society should have been managed in the way they have.  They also want to re enter a society which resembkes the one they were asked to withdraw from, not one which is socially and economically destroyed. 

Re your relatives, good on them, I know a few old folk that think the same but it isn't universal. I've seen/heard a lot of chat moaning about student parties, people camping etc. I realise that this is a minority but it'll take a lot of people a long time to get over the curtain twitching, tut tutting mentality that the governments have encouraged.

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Re your relatives, good on them, I know a few old folk that think the same but it isn't universal. I've seen/heard a lot of chat moaning about student parties, people camping etc. I realise that this is a minority but it'll take a lot of people a long time to get over the curtain twitching, tut tutting mentality that the governments have encouraged.

No its not universal.  Totally agree. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Easier said than done.

You then have to ensure that nobody who is vulnerable is mixing with the general population, which you can't ensure.

If it was as easy as that I'm sure that's what would've happened.  

Give the vaccine to the vulnerable, this will protect the vast majority of them even if they are mixing with the general population

Everybody else crack on

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No, you've missed the point.  You've stated that your generation has missed out on a valuable year of their life. But other age groups have missed out on the same important time the last year. Important to them for other reasons than your own. 

I have a lot of elderly relatives, many of which have been shielding. They understand why they need to shield but not one of them thinks that the rest of society should have been managed in the way they have.  They also want to re enter a society which resembles the one they were asked to withdraw from, not one which is socially and economically destroyed. 

Not really mate, I've got family shielding too, and they say much and such the same. 

That wouldn't be you making a bold assumption about me? 

It's been a shit year for everyone, my suggestion was that for my generation, it's been compounded with the fact we'll be left with the fallout for years to come. 

47 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Not really mate, I've got family shielding too, and they say much and such the same. 

That wouldn't be you making a bold assumption about me? 

It's been a shit year for everyone, my suggestion was that for my generation, it's been compounded with the fact we'll be left with the fallout for years to come.

Bizarre... Is that exclusive to those in their mid-20s? 

People of all ages have lost education/jobs/wellbeing and will be impacted long term by it.  

1 hour ago, tutankamun said:

Give the vaccine to the vulnerable, this will protect the vast majority of them even if they are mixing with the general population

Everybody else crack on

To tell the truth I avoided mixing with the general population as much as possible before the pandemic struck.

2 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Yes.

A wiser government would have poo pooed the instructions from the scientists and virologists and headed straight to the sub forum of a third rate football club (no offence sheepies) and take their counsel from a stoned white van man from Tayport. 

For the love of Moses, Chebs.

I'll be watching you. 

Na man but after the first lockdown it was fucking obvious as fuck who was at risk and who wasn't.  I last had a legal pint in my local on Guy Fawkes night, and even that was outside. It ludicrous.

17 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/north-east-man-long-covid/?fbclid=IwAR229rurY1bRE3isTrwYv5NR4J7sYYTJ4jvM_ropU7y1LIGyJcR5UHOGwhk

Aye right. “Who also stood as a candidate for Labour”. Anything to abstain from actually working and contributing positively to society you leech. 

Fuck sake, not this wet blanket AGAIN. You'd think he was the only person ever to get sick. He's absolutely loving it.

19 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

There's 116 million people in this country without enough food on their tables today, even as Congress plans to pass legislation to allow private companies to purchase vaccines, while the national campaign has yet to vaccinate all priority groups. 

Screenshot-20210409-143545.png

Think about that when you're sitting guzzling Ben & Jerry's and Guiness on your sofa tonight. 

Opening pubs...  geez peace...

At least you cunts can go for a pint

On 4/9/2021 at 12:09 AM, sheepcrooky said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/north-east-man-long-covid/?fbclid=IwAR229rurY1bRE3isTrwYv5NR4J7sYYTJ4jvM_ropU7y1LIGyJcR5UHOGwhk

Aye right. “Who also stood as a candidate for Labour”. Anything to abstain from actually working and contributing positively to society you leech. 

“It’s almost certainly because of the vaccine I think.”

???