Coronavirus

Henry

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

They are though. If you hadn't posted like everyone was now coming round to your way of thinking, I wouldn't have posted that. 

Nope. Lies. Right from the start I've been saying that it exists, it'll always be here and we need to live with it and mitigate the effects. That's what the BBC guy and Devi were saying as well. 

So shove it up your pumper

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Nope. Lies. Right from the start I've been saying that it exists, it'll always be here and we need to live with it and mitigate the effects. That's what the BBC guy and Devi were saying as well. 

So shove it up your pumper

I agree you've been saying that. You have however complained about every single restriction that has been put in place. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Because less people are in hospital and less are dying from it. 

Couldn't that just be because the prevalence of the virus in the general population is much lower, due to the restrictions currently in place slowing the spread? 

I hope you're right though. Not sure I've seen any research comparing the virus strain from March and now. Have you? 

• Downvote 4
12 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Yes it could be directly related to the restrictions and no I've not seen empirical evidence to prove that the load is less.

I do have dialogue with daughter no. 2 who got first class honours in virology and stratified medicine (whatever that is), a Ph.D in Public Health and who has just started her first full time "proper" job which happens to be in this field (after being a student for 47 years) and this is one area science is currently exploring.

#humblebrag

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Couldn't that just be because the prevalence of the virus in the general population is much lower, due to the restrictions currently in place slowing the spread? 

I hope you're right though. Not sure I've seen any research comparing the virus strain from March and now. Have you? 

Theres a degree of possibility that the virus is less potent than the initial bout, or that a more damaging strain circulated but may have been drowned out by another. Lockdown and the subsequent measures they've tried to implement undoubtedly slowed the spread but we were never going to see the back of it by sheltering ourselves for a few months. Its just pushed the problem further down the road. As soon as we started mingling in social spaces its taken off again. You'll never achieve 100% compliance. Sticking some markers on the floor and a bottle of sanitiser at the door and assuming folk will pay heed is naive thinking. Yet its commonplace at most of the shops and restaurants i've been and I live in worst affected region in England.

Naebody is really giving a fuck in Aberdeen anymore - to be fair I do, but loads of folk don’t wear masks. But it is not the law so they can’t enforce although but could  obviously refuse to serve you.

Barstaff all do, as it is a liicensing  requirement.

We’ll see what Nicola does tomorrow though.

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Have you been back up here in the last 2/3 months to compare?

I'm hearing that compliance and social distancing and masks in particular is way more prevalent up here than in London. Apparently shops are rammed and most are going about as normal. I remember seeing the pics from the tube when it first started and nobody was behaving any differently.

No, not been up that way for a while. I can well believe it though. There was a brief period where shops limited numbers and the likes but that didnt last long. Masks still seem to be observed for the most past but i've started to notice more going without lately. Staff in these places dinna bother much either.  Social distancing is a non starter in most venues. Used the metro in Manchester once, masks were all over the shop, if present at all.
Then theres the elephant in the room that never seems to be mentioned regards towns in the North West...

27 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Have you been back up here in the last 2/3 months to compare?

I'm hearing that compliance and social distancing and masks in particular is way more prevalent up here than in London. Apparently shops are rammed and most are going about as normal. I remember seeing the pics from the tube when it first started and nobody was behaving any differently.

I can tell you that it is absolutely correct that the compliance in Aberdeen and shire is massively higher than in the big cities in England. Comfortably less than 50% wear masks whilst shopping down there from my own experience whereas it’s quite rare up here to see a non masker 

I'd be very surprised if we experience a full lockdown again, well not now anyway.

I think they are going to home in on households and ban any mixing indoors or outdoors and for me that's as good as a full lockdown.

The Government need to be a bit clearer on where their priorities lie the economy or public health. At the moment they can't decide and as a result they are causing lasting damage to both.

For me you should be able to mix with families, significant other or a support bubble if you're unfortunate enough to not have any of the above. People may be a little more considerate and cautious that way. 

I just don't understand how they can stop family from mixing yet although pubs to remain open. It just makes no sense whatsoever. When times are hard the most important thing is family support yet the powers that be are prepared to take that way from you.

Absolutely scandalous.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

So if they are over priced you must be able to buy them somewhere else cheaper? Or you just don't think some of the best beer in the world should be that price while people pay hundreds of £s for wine, champagne and whisky? 

Hey i'm no expert , they maybe a fair price , i do like a craft beer but there's a certain price i would pay being a naturally grippy cunt . You may have a point regards certain wines , whiskies etc . Personally i don't think beer is worth paying that much

23 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I'd be very surprised if we experience a full lockdown again, well not now anyway.

I think they are going to home in on households and ban any mixing indoors or outdoors and for me that's as good as a full lockdown.

The Government need to be a bit clearer on where their priorities lie the economy or public health. At the moment they can't decide and as a result they are causing lasting damage to both.

For me you should be able to mix with families, significant other or a support bubble if you're unfortunate enough to not have any of the above. People may be a little more considerate and cautious that way. 

I just don't understand how they can stop family from mixing yet although pubs to remain open. It just makes no sense whatsoever. When times are hard the most important thing is family support yet the powers that be are prepared to take that way from you.

Absolutely scandalous.

Who's going to enforce restrictions at people's houses though? The west of Scotland is pretty much under these restrictions already and cases aren't going down. This would suggest the restrictions have no impact, in which case why enforce them on the rest of us, or that nobody is following them, which isn't going to suddenly change?

They are on about short circuits for 2 weeks after telling us for months that you can't tell if measures are working for between 3-6 weeks.

My guess is they are trying to get the virus low as possible before everyone abandons social distancing over Christmas period.

It does strike of total panic by everyone, I'm not sure if we aren't hearing the full story, strange Sturgeon now so keen to hear what Boris thinks when she was so confident before. Didn't even get her daily rant about furlough today so she's clearly feeling the pressure.

Strange how Germany seem to have such good control over this issue.

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Naebody is really giving a fuck in Aberdeen anymore - to be fair I do, but loads of folk don’t wear masks. But it is not the law so they can’t enforce although but could  obviously refuse to serve you.

Barstaff all do, as it is a liicensing  requirement.

We’ll see what Nicola does tomorrow though.

Given her call for a 4 nation approach & that NI have said they'll be banning indoor mixing of households, I'd expect that to come in here too. 

• Downvote 3
10 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

The student party got raided by the police and everyone's name got teen. My youngest wasn't at the party but one of her flatmates was, who is now coughing and spluttering and has booked a test. This means our daughter has to isolate, miss her studies and cancel her shifts (part time supermarket job she's had since 16).

As this all just happened, how did you establish the source of the infected person so quickly?

I'm friends with a track and tracer, will be reporting all outbreaks from now on.

18 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

That's all well and good but you couldn't possibly know that it was a weegie wot spread it, if we're talking about the same party because testing hadn't been done. My daughter's flatmate got tested yesterday, negative result today so no harm done and my daughter can carry on as normal.

Never mentioned a party at all min, just an outbreak at RGU with a weegie the spreader, source is impeccable.