Coronavirus

Henry

38 minutes ago, Henry said:

Not sure if she would enjoy the £3 three course lunch at Star Bar. 

How does an Orcadian know about the £3 lunch at the Star Bar? 

It was £3.50 last time I went but we great value. A bowl of lentil soup, followed by some stovies. Pudding (rice pudding - proper rice pudding made in the oven, not Ambrosia) was available but I passed on it. A cup of tea included in the £3.50 price tag too. Went a few times on a Friday when I was working near by. Couple of pints consumed too and the bill was still only about £8. 

People, and pubs like the Star Bar, make Glasgow. 

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

How does an Orcadian know about the £3 lunch at the Star Bar? 

It was £3.50 last time I went but we great value. A bowl of lentil soup, followed by some stovies. Pudding (rice pudding - proper rice pudding made in the oven, not Ambrosia) was available but I passed on it. A cup of tea included in the £3.50 price tag too. Went a few times on a Friday when I was working near by. Couple of pints consumed too and the bill was still only about £8. 

People, and pubs like the Star Bar, make Glasgow. 

Harcus was part of GUASC in his student days.

11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Apart from the gallus, the people who think they're comedians, those who put on their accents thicker when on holiday or in the NE, the criminals, the sectarian bigots, the huns and the fienyins, the workshy cunts and the soap dodgers, the nothings and the cowards. Oh aye and the fucking pretentious arseholes in Bearsden and Millen Gravy. But other than them, they're ok. 

Betty swallicks nicked yir phone rs?

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Haha. I was thinking of him whilst posting those nuggets of truth. I never even mentioned the ringletted Jewish cunts in Newton Mearns. 

I've never seen a proper hasidic  Jew in my life.  Honestly never seen the ringlets and hats costume,  and I've lived in Scotlands biggest city for 30 years. 

28 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Aye it's very good. Courtesy of a tweet by Peter Hitchens 6/7 months ago.

I am ambivalent about Latin, referred to as a dead language. In an academy of 1,000 pupils, only 8 of us chose to do the O-grade in 3rd and 4th year. There's an ugly flow to the words construction, very little music in it normally. That is an outstanding piece though, summat aboot the mither of Jesus I believe, Margaret or Morag or someone. 

Hats off to you min for studying Latin. It is an incredibly difficult language to pronounce, translate and understand its semantics.

Polish is very hard to master but Latin is arguably more difficult.

12 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I've never heard of the Star Bar.  Where's that? 

Victoria Road 

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Why on a Friday? Was it only available one day a week? Or perhaps you love your routines and forward planning eh parkington? A trait of highly successful people I believe. 

Nah. Just used to get the train to work on the odd Friday and go for a few pints after work. Would go to the Star Bar for lunch and have a couple pints as a warm up. 

28 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Apart from the gallus, the people who think they're comedians, those who put on their accents thicker when on holiday or in the NE, the criminals, the sectarian bigots, the huns and the fienyins, the workshy cunts and the soap dodgers, the nothings and the cowards. Oh aye and the fucking pretentious arseholes in Bearsden and Millen Gravy. But other than them, they're ok. 

??

23 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

We were talking about the 20 pint thing recently, something moobs can do and something Mobs and Bloots do every day but what was your capacity parkinglife? I was about 12 before I hit the nips, rarely more than a dozen. 

If I'm out from lunch time, I'd have somewhere in the region of 20 pints. I don't really get bloated unless I've had a big feed too, which is rare for me when I'm drinking. Rarely move on to anything else unless the pub is shutting and we're looking to get a couple swift ones in beforehand, then I might have a rum or two. 

I don't know anyone that's been ill with this plague.  I don't know anyone that knows anyone that's been ill.   I went back to work yesterday after nearly 8 months off,  and nobody in my work knew anyone that's been ill  (only 4 people,  quite a small sample tbf, but 6 degrees of separation and all that).  Am I (and everyone I know,  and everyone they know)  just  jammy as fuck? 

11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You thinking about a wee micro brewery Parko when the garden boozer is established?

Haha nah. Brewing is a pain in the arse. So much time and effort and the product I've produced previously has been totally substandard. 

Plus, I've no beard, flat cap or daft jumpers, so I can't be a craft beer brewer ?

I was thinking the other day that I have not once been contacted by the test and trace folks despite being in a swathe of places Including pubs, restaurants and the gym amongst others north and south of the border. Again is that just me being lucky or is it more likely that places within the hospitality space have such a low prevalence of the virus that it’s very unlikely to happen. 

36 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Does no one else want to admit they'd be absolutely cunted and would probably shit the bed if they drank 20 pints? 

Absolutely. 

Might've managed it in my ealy twenties, but would home and in bed after about a dozen these days. Can't handle nips worth a fuck either. 

10 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

I was thinking the other day that I have not once been contacted by the test and trace folks despite being in a swathe of places Including pubs, restaurants and the gym amongst others north and south of the border. 

Do you give them a dummy phone number?  I do.