Coronavirus

Henry

33 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Why would Boris buy 30m doses? From an American company? At what price? Do we not have a team at Oxford on the case?

Rather profligate these Tory cunts. Ridge asking Raab about vote counting yesterday was sadly funny. Spending our money, borrowing billions for our kids to be in debt and failing to answer simple questions is the new normal. 

Pretty sure they've bought doses of 4 or 5 different vaccines. Something like 150m total doses. 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Pretty sure they've bought doses of 4 or 5 different vaccines. Something like 150m total doses. 

• 100 million doses Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
  • 60 million doses Valneva vaccine
  • 30 million doses BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine
  • 1 million doses AstraZeneca specific antibody treatment
58 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

We won't be able to give it to the entire population on the same day Parky.  We've bought enough for 15 million doses. Will that, spread over a year, get us to herd immunity? 

Obviously we can't give it to everyone on the same day. And rolling it out will be a logistical challenge. 

We've bought 30 million doses (although it's a 2 dose vaccine, so is enough for 15 million people). The company say they'll be able to make over 1 billion doses next year. The U.K., given ouR financial clout, will no doubt be near the front of the queue for more doses. 

Youre very negative about a good news story, why is that? 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Henry said:

"utter chaos"

"destroying as much nips as they could"

Another Fridge tall tale. 

Why would I make that up, genuinly folk get thrown out smashed and lairy birds were the worst.

Possibly the staff were at fault for serving them but when you are at tables it is difficult to tell who’s had what when there are different staff serving you.

it’s nae like the old days when the barmaid would know you’d had 6 pints, time for a taxi.

1 minute ago, Fridge said:

Why would I make that up, genuinly folk get thrown out smashed and lairy birds were the worst.

Possibly the staff were at fault for serving them but when you are at tables it is difficult to tell who’s had what when there are different staff serving you.

it’s nae like the old days when the barmaid would know you’d had 6 pints, time for a taxi.

The old days was 15 pints down the neck and feeling cunted….time for the drive home in your car.

20 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Bloody Aberdonians.  Can't behave themselves. 

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

We all drunk drove back in the day. Last time I was doing it regular was early 90's in Melbourne. Had no option really.

I remember when I was a kid,the old man used to pile everybody into the car and off we went 1st footing all the relatives.

He used to end up pissed but would still insist on driving.

One year we were stopped by the police in the early hours and after a few questions the Bobby said on your way sir even though the old man was clearly pissed.Think he felt sorry for him as he needed his licence for his work.

Like you say RS it was a common practice back then.

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Obviously we can't give it to everyone on the same day. And rolling it out will be a logistical challenge. 

We've bought 30 million doses (although it's a 2 dose vaccine, so is enough for 15 million people). The company say they'll be able to make over 1 billion doses next year. The U.K., given ouR financial clout, will no doubt be near the front of the queue for more doses. 

Youre very negative about a good news story, why is that? 

Because I'm cautious Parky. I just don't believe we can get out of this with a vaccine. I also don't believe it'll be anywhere near 90% effective. 

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

lolz    Mum-of-five Corona has even been plagued by really nasty cold callers, with people just saying things like: "Is that the virus?" :dance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54868143

Haha. Ace.

We terrorised a "Samuel Chicken" from either the Broch or Peterhead many years ago. Used to phone him relentlessly bucking like a chicken at him.

Poor cunt.

• Downvote 1
18 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

We did Stanley Fudge. Called him so often whenever any of us had a spare 2p from the phone box near the school I still remember his number to this day, 321009 if you want to see if he's still there. Another poor cunt was Mr Lyon. Is that Lyon in Summerhill Road? Yes. You better get up, there's a bus coming (followed by howling cackles). Embarrassingly, this was not primary school when we did that.

similar.

100?

is that the operator on the line. better get up there’s a train coming*

* yes H. I know I’ve told it before