Coronavirus

Henry

51 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Cant see that happening before Xmas. Glasgow should be coming out on Friday and I think it will.  Shops open for a couple of weeks, then back to tier 4 in January. Bish bash bosh, vaccinations rolled out, into early Spring, virus no more. ( or not as we know it now)

Virus no more in spring? Lol

59 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Heard that today as well from someone who owns a cafe. No idea if they get prior warning or just a rumour gathering pace. We all thought that we were going into L3 last week but it never happened, however I reckon it will next week ?

Depends what mood she's in on Tuesday. There's no ryhme nor reason to it so no point trying to work her out. 

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Cant see that happening before Xmas. Glasgow should be coming out on Friday and I think it will.  Shops open for a couple of weeks, then back to tier 4 in January. Bish bash bosh, vaccinations rolled out, into early Spring, virus no more. ( or not as we know it now)

They aren't going to finish giving the vaccine to the over 50s until the summer apparently, so doubt it. 

"Another estrangement has survived from the referendum period. It centres on the differences between parts of the population who live difficult and precarious lives, and a section of the middle class that is both comfortably off and self-consciously “progressive”. For the latter, the Covid crisis and its restrictions are still too often equated with banana bread, Zoom calls and the pleasures of working from home. Among the former, Covid often seems like what one passerby in Walsall called “a living hell”."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/06/covid-vaccines-hope-uk-crisis-pandemic-financial-hardship

Really good article. I've spoken about this before, people who've taken no financial hit, big houses, gardens, sneering at "covidiots" and telling people forced into poverty to "stop moaning" 

We'll all be fine by Easter though. 

28 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'll not get it. There's plenty of sheeple who will be queuing up. Use those fuckers as my guinea pigs and thereafter it won't be mandatory for me to have it. 

It’s a shite situation for some. I’d rather get Covid than take the vaccine but I’m almost certain I’ll need to get it to get back to Oman for work. 

Would you and @NEM still refuse it if it meant given up work or traveling? Hypothetically..

4 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

It’s a shite situation for some. I’d rather get Covid than take the vaccine but I’m almost certain I’ll need to get it to get back to Oman for work. 

Would you and @NEM still refuse it if it meant given up work or traveling? Hypothetically..

The only way I'll be getting it is if it's mandatory for work, otherwise they can ram it.  No danger my kids will be getting it.