Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

You can expect anything you like. There has never been such a vaccine before, created so quickly and without the time to gather sufficient output data so my expectations are different to yours.

It's ok to have different opinions. You think that the clinical trials thus far have been at a large enough scale "to be representative". I don't see that as being possible.

It is complete conjecture on here. I didn't say that the scientists were completely conjecturing so best to get rid of that potential confusion in your last sentence. 

Apologies, I misread your post on the conjecture. ??

I agree that is ok to have different opinions, you won’t find me claiming otherwise....somewhere amongst all the opinions is truth, and all opinions will be wrong to some extent.

My view is that although the speed of development, testing and approval of the vaccine is much accelerated compared with any other vaccine in history - I still trust that the organisations and people involved (not necessarily the government) have the necessary checks and balances to ensure that it is safe for use before being approved.

Not that it will matter much personally to me, I think most of us will be unlikely to receive the Pfizer vaccine - more likely the Oxford AstraZeneca one once it passes the necessary trials and safety checks. I don’t scrutinise the results and data of other vaccines that I’ve had - so no reason to start now.

If I were elderly I’d rather take my chances with the vaccine over COVID based on the mortality rate of the virus for that demographic, over what some might consider statistically incomplete human trials that didn’t harm anyone as far as we know.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Maybe me and my family will be part of the 10-35% (depending on vaccine) who the vaccine isn't effective on. 

Who knows 

Did they not say that the vaccine is not suitable for all kids? So the little ‘uns will still be catching it and spreading it.

Not sure how that’s gonna work with vaccine passports. Your allowed on the plane but your kids are not.

28 minutes ago, Dad said:

Here Joe pike - what in the name of fuck is Kay burley up to, the useless bastard she is

Hoo mama

Not much.

Just that her,Beth Rigby and 8 other Sky employees broke the covid rules because they are so up their own ass they think they Are above the law.

Despite the fact they have spent the last 6 months virtue signalling.

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I was also expecting a link to a video of her saying it today live on TV as that's what was being disputed. Not a link to an article from June.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The article posted had quotes from Nicola Sturgeon discussing the low Covid figures at that time ,and how WE as a collective, as a nation, had managed to drive that figure.  She also states that " It doesn't mean it has gone away".

I can't see the section where she says that she, Nicola Sturgeon ,has eliminated corona virus, as @Joe pike  stated. 

39 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Still waiting.

The most deluded people are those who chose to ignore what they already know.

15 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Saw it live. Wish I hadn't. Was torn between the barmaid and the game and the nailing of her was nailed on. Very bad decision made 15 minutes before kick off.

great atmosphere at the end of that game , Sots fans signing Bob Marley songs for an age until the announcer pleaded for us to leave . 

12 minutes ago, Arabian Knight said:

ez nae explanation..nae cover story for ez missin 10 oor efter gittin aff the train.. so ez tried tae sit quiet fir years hopin it nae cunt wid ever spik o it agen..the poof wis seen gittin fyshed oot canal wi shyte runnin doon ez fuckin leg..bedded fir 6 ? fuckin pitifil cunt

It was a total classic, sure even Blutz will admit. Was ready to welcome Aberdeen fans to his adopted Country and claiming he would be out partying all night.

Pished and asleep before 6 and missed the game.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Fridge said:

It was a total classic, sure even Blutz will admit. Was ready to welcome Aberdeen fans to his adopted Country and claiming he would be out partying all night.

Pished and asleep before 6 and missed the game.

fridge. not quite, son.

• Downvote 1

To be fair to RS if you walked into some ofthe roughest  bars im Aberdeen with a Glaswegian accent unless you were being a dick you would be umlikely to get any hassle.

I’m not sure I reckon I would be safe in a rough Rangers or Celtic bar in Glasgow with an Aberdeen accent. They do always try suss out your religion and where you are from in my experience whereas nobody gives a shit up here.

• Dildo 1