Coronavirus

Henry

7 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

^ take a chill vaccine Moobziod 

I worry about you 

It's fucking brutal not getting for a jar and no prospect of getting for one for months man. 

This vaccine chat is doing my nut in too. We're stuck with this fucking nonsense unfortunately, fucking masks etc and there is fuck all anyone can do about it. The fucking politicians have seen to that. 

7 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Here Moobs, you’ll like this.

“Protection is defined as...’do you get symptoms of covid or not?’ and the answer is in 95% of cases you do not on this vaccine.”

”We cannot say yet whether the vaccine stops someone spreading COVID-19”

lol

So there is a very real chance we're still going to be masked up etc

I've been saying it for months, we're stuck with this pish. 

54 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's fucking brutal not getting for a jar and no prospect of getting for one for months man. 

This vaccine chat is doing my nut in too. We're stuck with this fucking nonsense unfortunately, fucking masks etc and there is fuck all anyone can do about it. The fucking politicians have seen to that. 

C94174-EF-6-B75-4132-B83-E-60722-F10-E20

52 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They'll help prevent the spread of covid and seasonal flu, apparently its no big deal having to wear them and only selfish bastards don't like it, so why would any politician change the status quo? 

Because as soon as people perceive there being a way out of this, I.e. a vaccine, they will revert to type. With a vaccine there is no need for the public to appear to care about social distancing and wearing masks. The vast majority want to get back to normality and there is nothing that the government can do about it, even if they wanted to. 

4 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Because as soon as people perceive there being a way out of this, I.e. a vaccine, they will revert to type. With a vaccine there is no need for the public to appear to care about social distancing and wearing masks. The vast majority want to get back to normality and there is nothing that the government can do about it, even if they wanted to. 

I'm not convinced Studs. They will continue to ramp up the fear, keep giving it the old 'I wear a mask to protect others' chat, we'll still be getting test numbers, fatality numbers, the vaccine won't change that, only politicians can and I'm not entirely convinced they want to. 

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

They'll help prevent the spread of covid and seasonal flu, apparently its no big deal having to wear them and only selfish bastards don't like it, so why would any politician change the status quo? 

I get your point about masks being here to stay but hopefully there will come a time, soon, that masks are a personal choice as to whether people wear them or not. 

We see it in Asian countries and when we have people from those countries over here visiting - masks are the norm. 

It's probably a cultural thing which may become the norm over here. Fuck, if people stop coughing and spluttering all over the place and passing on 'normal' colds and flu's then that's not a bad result!

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'm not convinced Studs. They will continue to ramp up the fear, keep giving it the old 'I wear a mask to protect others' chat, we'll still be getting test numbers, fatality numbers, the vaccine won't change that, only politicians can and I'm not entirely convinced they want to. 

The whole compliance thing is being driven by fear you’re absolutely correct in that. It’s an effective motivator for those that can’t think for themselves. With all the reports of effective treatment and vaccines etc, the fear goes and people stop caring. 

6 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

And that's not me advocating for masks to be here to stay. I can't wait to get to the point where I can leave the house without doing a full pat down just to make sure I have one handy. 

Better than finding a tenner in your pocket that you'd forgot about when you find a mask in there.

6 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

The whole compliance thing is being driven by fear you’re absolutely correct in that. It’s an effective motivator for those that can’t think for themselves. With all the reports of effective treatment and vaccines etc, the fear goes and people stop caring. 

You might be underestimating how effective the fear mongering has been. We'll be getting 'long covid' chat as well don't forget. 

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

I don't see it. 

Unless you wear specs which steam up all the time it doesn't have any impact on day to day life popping a mask on to go shopping. A pain in the arse if you forget one obviously but easily enough to remedy. 

I keep forgetting them, used to try cover face with jacket but now stopped being ridiculous, only ever in co-op a few mins, no one has ever challenged me about it