Coronavirus

Henry

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

...because as soon as you lift a lockdown the spread starts again.  But if you're starting from lower numbers of infection (because that's what a strict lockdown would do) then the time it takes to return to  significant numbers of infected  is going to be greater... meaning businesses, pubs, and gatherings can re-open in the meantime. 

And then they lax the rules further until the point where the transmission rates are too high, and we have a situation like we have now. 

Trying to balance capital and human health never ends well. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

And then they lax the rules further until the point where the transmission rates are too high, and we have a situation like we have now. 

Trying to balance capital and human health never ends well. 

Transmission rates would be greatly reduced if the government would make mask wearing mandatory throughout any open/shut cycle. 

It would also help if the government spent some money to make ppe free and widely available. The best they did was offer some to care workers... absolute fucking joke. 

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

...because as soon as you lift a lockdown the spread starts again.  But if you're starting from lower numbers of infection (because that's what a strict lockdown would do) then the time it takes to return to  significant numbers of infected  is going to be greater... meaning businesses, pubs, and gatherings can re-open in the meantime. 

I’d argue that the consequences of the spread would need to be proven to equate or be greater than the consequences of continued lockdowns and the destruction that follows, both economically and medically. 

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Transmission rates would be greatly reduced if the government would make mask wearing mandatory throughout any open/shut cycle. 

It would also help if the government spent some money to make ppe free and widely available. The best they did was offer some to care workers... absolute fucking joke. 

Every cunt is wearing masks here. Very rare to see someone without one now. 

1 minute ago, Eugenefani said:

I’d argue that the consequences of the spread would need to be proven to equate or be greater than the consequences of continued lockdowns and the destruction that follows, both economically and medically. 

I really believe locking down till the 18th Jan (probably be end of Jan at least) will be the final straw for many.

Healthwise,economically and mentally.

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Don't disagree. 

Which is also why I'm so scunnered with it, the incompetence from both the Scottish and UK governments fill me with no hope that we'll come out of this within the next year. 

The UK gov in particular, have spunked billions up the wall throughout this. 

You've also got all these anti mask red neck cunts here who think it's an infringement on their rights to show basic courtesy and wear a piece of fabric on their face. 

The arrogance of the British public, and the incompetence of the buffoons they've voted in, means this won't be over until next Christmas IMO.  

Shite state of affairs. 

1 minute ago, Eugenefani said:

A year ago... before I think even people had been infected in the UK, I said... and you can verify this with The Hat's TOP POSTER, Manboobs... that it wasn't the virus that we needed to be concerned about, it was the way people were going to react. 

The actual virus itself is not the thing doing the bulk of damage, it's the heidless running in circles that people are doing regarding the virus that's doing the damage. Both from the public and the government.  

Piecemeal policies, employed here and there, affecting some people and not others, is what's causing the spread... and as it spreads the government panics and starts implementing elaborate and ineffectual 'policies' that help no-one and piss off everyone. 

It's way too fucking late now, but organized and enforced policing of the public and business needed to be employed. 

It would also help if the public could behave like adults. 

7 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

What's more important then? Money or health? 

Health. Always health. 

What frustrates me is we're so entrenched in this current system that it's inconceivable that we could somehow just write off our national debt, or ignore it. The Bank of England can literally make sure that happens. 

Someone always has to profit though, even if it's through the misery of millions. 

Just now, Ke1t said:

A year ago... before I think even people had been infected in the UK, I said... and you can verify this with The Hat's TOP POSTER, Manboobs... that it wasn't the virus that we needed to be concerned about, it was the way people were going to react. 

The actual virus itself is not the thing doing the bulk of damage, it's the heidless running in circles that people are doing regarding the virus that's doing the damage. Both from the public and the government.  

Piecemeal policies, employed here and there, affecting some people and not others, is what's causing the spread... and as it spreads the government panics and starts implementing elaborate and ineffectual 'policies' that help no-one and piss off everyone. 

It's way too fucking late now, but organized and enforced policing of the public and business needed to be employed. 

It would also help if the public could behave like adults. 

I will confirm you did say this. You were remarkably correct in your predictions and it has indeed been a massive fuck up. 

25 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

We’d almost eradicated it in Scotland according to Sturgeon yet here we are with it running rampant again despite being under restrictions since March 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Okay, so we’ve established that you weren’t listening - that’s okay because I know for some, that thinking and comprehension is really hard.

England and Wales are in a worse position right now, I don’t think that was the same as apportioning blame. She sees the trend developing there before it does the same here and is taking firm action so we’re not in the same place.

Decisive yes, absolutely shite for everyone - also yes.

No incorrect, I was listening. Unlike some folk who want to drink her piss, I was listening objectively. She constantly states this is non political, but every fucking speech she makes has so many subliminal political messages it is unreal. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, NEM said:

Sorry I forgot about the magic money tree 

"Magic Money Tree" a term made famous by Theresa May when discussing pay rises for public sector workers. Frugal with money those Conservatives. 

Unless you think handing out billion pound contracts to people with no previous experience in the things they are being paid to do, would make them bad with money. Or, the fact the national debt has increased in record time with them in government. 

The UK is also the worst in the world for its citizens avoiding tax. But aye, there's no magic money tree.

Unless the rich can get richer from it. 

5 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Personally believe that the vast majority of people are doing their best and being cautious. However there will always be a section of society who will continue to do as they please because of ignorance,  stupidity or both.

Correct. And all these fucking arseholes who say otherwise are either talking pish or complete drama queen's. 

"thousands of folk on union Street" dinna speak pish ffs. 

We're fucked 

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

"Magic Money Tree" a term made famous by Theresa May when discussing pay rises for public sector workers. Frugal with money those Conservatives. 

Unless you think handing out billion pound contracts to people with no previous experience in the things they are being paid to do, would make them bad with money. Or, the fact the national debt has increased in record time with them in government. 

The UK is also the worst in the world for its citizens avoiding tax. But aye, there's no magic money tree.

Unless the rich can get richer from it. 

Those are separate issues.

You think it’s fair to saddle the next few generations with the bill for this shit show in order to save a few old cunts who’ve already outstayed their welcome on the planet by a few years? 

*edit - who do you think benefits most from lockdown? The rich cunts you hate or the poor?

7 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

No incorrect, I was listening. Unlike some folk who want to drink her piss, I was listening objectively. She constantly states this is non political, but every fucking speech she makes has so many subliminal political messages it is unreal. 

Okay, what were tonight’s subliminal messages for the rest of us without the tin foil aerials on our heads?

6 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Personally believe that the vast majority of people are doing their best and being cautious. However there will always be a section of society who will continue to do as they please because of ignorance, stupidity, arrogance or all three.

I've worked all the way through this. 5 days a week, full time. 

Our company aren't testing us, and there's a fair few old geezers about. 

What pisses me off, is I'm allowed to go to work, to make money for the economy, and spend money for the economy. Like many, I don't love my job and I do it out of necessity. 

With the pandemic, the tiny amount of freedom working life gives you (the weekend) has been scunnered. There's been no acknowledgement of this, and how this misery of work then home, then work then home, constantly might impact people. 

I don't blame people for not listening or succumbing to natural urges if they find themselves in the situation I'm in, you have no choice anymore, no freedom. Asking a person to just work and work alone for their life, and leave them locked in during their small amount of freedom, is absolutely brutal. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I've worked all the way through this. 5 days a week, full time. 

Our company aren't testing us, and there's a fair few old geezers about. 

What pisses me off, is I'm allowed to go to work, to make money for the economy, and spend money for the economy. Like many, I don't love my job and I do it out of necessity. 

With the pandemic, the tiny amount of freedom working life gives you (the weekend) has been scunnered. There's been no acknowledgement of this, and how this misery of work then home, then work then home, constantly might impact people. 

I don't blame people for not listening or succumbing to natural urges if they find themselves in the situation I'm in, you have no choice anymore, no freedom. Asking a person to just work and work alone for their life, and leave them locked in during their small amount of freedom, is absolutely brutal. 

Sounds like life in the Soviet Union - thought you’d be in your element ?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Those are separate issues.

You think it’s fair to saddle the next few generations with the bill for this shit show in order to save a few old cunts who’ve already outstayed their welcome on the planet by a few years? 

No, I don't think it's fair. 

I also don't think it has to be a case of let the old die or let the young pay for it. They aren't separate issues, part of the reason we're still in this mess is because of the incompetence of our UK gov and Scottish gov. The UK gov employed people who weren't fit for purpose, paid them billions, and will now have the audacity to make us pay for it? They used our fucking tax money. 

A party that won't tax the rich properly, introduces devastating austerity measures, misspends public money routinely and by the billion, are away to turn around to folk my age (who don't vote for them) and say "yeah, sorry we fucked it, you'll have to pay it back." 

I don't think that would go down very well, and it would cause a great deal of unrest. 

But, it doesn't have to be one way or the other.

The biggest problem is that we are being bullshitted constantly with conflicting decision making. 

1. We've got to be tough now so we can have a good Xmas. 

2. Great news, infection rates are down so we are relaxing the rules over Xmas. 

3. Infection rates are still coming down and we're not changing the Xmas rules but we'd urge you not to use them. 

4. There's a new mutation (not really because it's been around since September and there are now between 20 and 30 of these), infection rates are still coming down, there's no evidence that this mutation is more serious but fuck your Xmas relaxations, we're taking them away.  Oh and by the way, we're now shutting schools for a period after new year and going into lockdown on boxing day. 

We're asking the wrong questions here.  

Why did they make the early decision about xmas in the first place ? Why didn't they just say we will take the decision nearer the time? They are treating us like mugs. It's not the Xmas restrictions that grate with most folk, it's the constant bullshitting. 

• Upvote 1