Coronavirus

Henry

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Sounds like life in the Soviet Union - thought you’d be in your element ?

Made me think of this video I watched a few months back. Some interesting first hand accounts: 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The biggest problem is that we are being bullshitted constantly with conflicting decision making. 

1. We've got to be tough now so we can have a good Xmas. 

2. Great news, infection rates are down so we are relaxing the rules over Xmas. 

3. Infection rates are still coming down and we're not changing the Xmas rules but we'd urge you not to use them. 

4. There's a new mutation (not really because it's been around since September and there are now between 20 and 30 of these), infection rates are still coming down, there's no evidence that this mutation is more serious but fuck your Xmas relaxations, we're taking them away.  Oh and by the way, we're now shutting schools for a period after new year and going into lockdown on boxing day. 

We're asking the wrong questions here.  

Why did they make the early decision about xmas in the first place ? Why didn't they just say we will take the decision nearer the time? They are treating us like mugs. It's not the Xmas restrictions that grate with most folk, it's the constant bullshitting. 

Good post. 

You have to trust them, unfortunately. It's the mixed messages that add to the anger and frustration. 

10 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Okay, what were tonight’s subliminal messages for the rest of us without the tin foil aerials on our heads?

Every mention of “England”, “Wales”, “The South” for about 45 minutes before getting to the point. Trying to blame this new wave on someone else. Maybe watch it again without your SNP or any other political hat on. 

Her speech tonight was utterly embarrassing. 

• Upvote 5
  • Dildo 1

I think the 4 nations agreement for relaxation at Christmas was a mistake - it went against the scientific advice and was not sound. 

It was for well intentioned reasons, people’s mental health and a recognition that the public have been asking “what’s happening with Christmas” since Hallo-fucking-ween. But we all know that any relaxation or increased mixing of households would lead to an increase in cases, hospitalisations and ultimately deaths.

Decisions have been made today because new information is coming in all the time. This is a 4 dimensional problem... but some folks brains on here only appear to work in 2D.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

I think the 4 nations agreement for relaxation at Christmas was a mistake - it went against the scientific advice and was not sound. 

It was for well intentioned reasons, people’s mental health and a recognition that the public have been asking “what’s happening with Christmas” since Hallo-fucking-ween. But we all know that any relaxation or increased mixing of households would lead to an increase in cases, hospitalisations and ultimately deaths.

Decisions have been made today because new information is coming in all the time. This is a 4 dimensional problem... but some folks brains on here only appear to work in 2D.

Aye. I totally agree with that. 

But doing it this way is worse for people to deal with.  Giving people a crumb of comfort and then ripping it away is more detrimental than not giving them it in the first place. 

I'd rather people were straight with us and said it's too early to make a decision, there are a number of things we are considering to allow Xmas to be a bit better than current conditions but we will wait until nearer the time to confirm how much is feasible. 

Just now, sheepcrooky said:

Every mention of “England”, “Wales”, “The South” for about 45 minutes before getting to the point. Trying to blame this new wave on someone else. Maybe watch it again without your SNP or any other political hat on. 

Her speech tonight was utterly embarrassing. 

Almost as embarrassing as thinking she's the only one politicising this. 

Westminster have passed through the internal market bill which gives them authority (in the fine print) to provide funding to Scottish constituencies, absent of any SNP influence. They've also delayed announcing funding for Scotland quite a few times, making us wait. 

Gluepots like you do my cunt in, frothing at the mouth with fear over the possibility that Scotland could one day have autonomy on its own political matters, and be a true democracy. 

5 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

That is a sensible post. 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Totally. I find it weird that some are seeking to blame the people rather than the elected representatives of the people.

There will always be youngsters who gather "illegally" (now) but we don't see it, it's something we read about because it's exceptional, not the norm.

There might even be mask refuseniks but we don't see it. I've not seen one person in a supermarket without a facial covering for three quarters of a year and even if I had, I doubt that lone wolf would be making a significant difference to the R number, the transmission rate in the country.

People HAVE been following the rules. It was eerie seeing empty main roads in the spring. Businesses have closed when they were told to. Pubs and restaurants have taken a huge hit but they've been brilliant at enforcing the rules and have been extra vigilant in ensuring safety and social distancing etc.

Anyone blaming the people in NE Scotland for the restrictions we have been enduring for almost a year can go fuck themselves. 

Exactly. 

A minority of people will always break rules, laws etc. 

The vast majority will and have been trying to comply. 

Sturgeons spiel is clearly a stealthy way of giving teachers a bigger holiday, after the anger caused when they openly suggested it previously.  Public sector looking after their own, while causing disruption and difficulty for everyone else.

I suppose they deserve it, after all its not like they get a lot of holidays and those sub-6 hour days really take it out of you.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Westminster have passed through the internal market bill which gives them authority (in the fine print) to provide funding to Scottish constituencies, absent of any SNP influence. 

Good - the north east might get a better deal than the current insult we receive from Holyrood 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Almost as embarrassing as thinking she's the only one politicising this. 

Westminster have passed through the internal market bill which gives them authority (in the fine print) to provide funding to Scottish constituencies, absent of any SNP influence. They've also delayed announcing funding for Scotland quite a few times, making us wait. 

Gluepots like you do my cunt in, frothing at the mouth with fear over the possibility that Scotland could one day have autonomy on its own political matters, and be a true democracy. 

I realise there is no point in debating with a fuckwit like you. Where in any of my posts have I argued for or against Scottish Independence?  I have merely stated that Nicola’s messaging has been consistently poor. As has Boris’s. 
But, please find the post where I have dissed independence you cockwomble. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, NEM said:

Good - the north east might get a better deal than the current insult we receive from Holyrood 

Yes, historically Westminster have cared a great about the plight of Scottish industry. 

I do agree re Holyrood, they have fucked over Aberdeen. 

2 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

I realise there is no point in debating with a fuckwit like you. Where in any of my posts have I argued for or against Scottish Independence?  I have merely stated that Nicola’s messaging has been consistently poor. As has Boris’s. 
But, please find the post where I have dissed independence you cockwomble. 

Are you for or against independence?

7 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Sturgeons spiel is clearly a stealthy way of giving teachers a bigger holiday, after the anger caused when they openly suggested it previously.  Public sector looking after their own, while causing disruption and difficulty for everyone else.

I suppose they deserve it, after all its not like they get a lot of holidays and those sub-6 hour days really take it out of you.

Evidence shows it's spreading badly on schools. Nonsense to have them open. 

The real issue is parents are now having to look after their kids all the time, and canna deal with it. Hence the rush to get schools back. 

The real issue is parents are now having to look after their kids all the time, and canna deal with it. Hence the rush to get schools back. 

Correct. People see school as daycare. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1

I think it was important to set the context for people on what’s happening elsewhere in the UK when setting out her decisions today for Scotland.

Most people are wondering why we are tightening restrictions to Tier 4 from Boxing Day when they clearly don’t meet the criteria set out by ScotGov.

It’s not where we are now, but where we could be headed that matters - the circumstances have changed and they’ll have been watching what has been happening with the South East with concern on the increased transmission rates.

It is absolutely shite that we are in a position where plans for Christmas are changing at such short notice - but is it really a surprise? We had heard enough in the last few weeks that the relaxation was a permissive for those that needed it.

Think there's been 1 case since summer in my kids school.  

I'm potentially going to have have to take leave in January, at 2 weeks notice. Its bollocks

As I mentioned. What's the option if these folk get their way and have the schools shut? I quit and live off benefits? Throw my job down the drain? 

Merry fucking Christmas 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I agree with the first part but nae the second part?

Do you have kids who you had to home school earlier in the year? If you did, like our household while working full time, then you will remember how fucking abysmal it was and demoralising for the kids?

3 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

I agree with the first part but nae the second part?

Do you have kids who you had to home school earlier in the year? If you did, like our household while working full time, then you will remember how fucking abysmal it was and demoralising for the kids?

Sadly the most vocal experts on the education and mental health of young children on here are the ones that don't have children nor work with young children