Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

You honestly don't think missing a year of school is an issue? 

It is an issue. There are lots of issues just now. 1 year from school properly, is something that could be retrieved with minimal long term effects. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Sorry if that's your situation, and I genuinely hope you can find a way through it. 

I know of a few self employed people who've been fucked over rotten by this. Sunaks net didn't catch everyone, when it should've. 

Don't just blame Sunak. Sturgeon has repeatedly said 'any business affected will be helped' but that's a lie. She has the finances and the powers to help but chooses not to.

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

You honestly don't think missing a year of school is an issue? 

We've already had the best part of a year with significantly impacted education. That's what a lot of people forget. 

A lot of folk think kids are in school so everything must be the same as it always is but the reality is that the school experience is entirely basic at the moment. At primary school level it is pretty much reading, maths and health and welfare and very little else. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Don't just blame Sunak. Sturgeon has repeatedly said 'any business affected will be helped' but that's a lie. She has the finances and the powers to help but chooses not to.

Fuck her as well, then. 

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-52968523

The more infections, the more deaths, what am I missing there? 

There's an article of people much more qualified than either of us, suggesting the outcome if we didn't have a lockdown. 

And another point, if we're all overreacting to this, then why? Is it a conspiracy? Are the government damaging the economy and costing millions of jobs for a lol? 

I hear this a lot from people, "it's an overreaction" blah blah. How, exactly?  

My original post stated the survival RATE was 99%+.  You argued this was because of lockdown.  

Lockdown maybe reduces the infection rate but I wouldn't think it reduces the % of those infected who end up dying as a result.  Not quite sure what you're struggling with here.

1 minute ago, NEM said:

My original post stated the survival RATE was 99%+.  You argued this was because of lockdown.  

Lockdown maybe reduces the infection rate but I wouldn't think it reduces the % of those infected who end up dying as a result.  Not quite sure what you're struggling with here.

Lockdown slows infections down, that can't be argued. Are the effects of lockdown worth the benefits of slowing it down? 

I think it's obvious that it's not, I thought that in March through instinct but evidence is now clear that it's not. 

Perfectly healthy people losing jobs, businesses and homes in order to simply slow down infection rates is cruel and unnecessary. 

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

A higher infection rate will put greater pressure on medical facilities, meaning not everyone who needs critical care might actually receive it. 

American hospitals, don't know if it's like this in the UK, have been overwhelmed at times, and the doctors and nurses have said that they quite literally have to decide who gets saved and who doesn't. 

So in that respect, the rate of infection could (and has) had a direct impact on fatality rate. 

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

A higher infection rate will put greater pressure on medical facilities, meaning not everyone who needs critical care might actually receive it. 

American hospitals, don't know if it's like this in the UK, have been overwhelmed at times, and the doctors and nurses have said that they quite literally have to decide who gets saved and who doesn't. 

So in that respect, the rate of infection could (and has) had a direct impact on fatality rate. 

There's the potential yeah. 

Which American hospitals?

Hospitals in the UK were never overwhelmed with some of the purpose built Covid hospitals (thankfully) never used.

13 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Very true,she has squirrelled away over 300 million that the Scot.Gov were given to help with covid restrictions.

Instead they have sidelined it to use for Brexit and various other political projects.

Political or what?

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

There's the potential yeah. 

Which American hospitals?

Hospitals in the UK were never overwhelmed with some of the purpose built Covid hospitals (thankfully) never used.

The hospitals I've heard this about were largely in Southern California, where their ICU has been (somehow) running at 250% of capacity, with patients being berthed in corridors and 'Covid Pods', which are basically repurposed waiting rooms.  

4 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Why are'nt these Nightingale hospitals across the Uk being used if the NHS is under pressure?

Because they built the infrastructure without investing in the staff that are actually needed to care for people. Fat lot of use a Nightingale hospital is without anyone to staff it.

I’m sure Boris’ mates made a fortune though.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Louisa Jordan is being used 

"The hospital hasn’t been used to treat coronavirus (COVID-19) patients due to the continued suppression of the virus. However, thanks to a successful pilot, 315 patients have received orthopaedic and plastic surgery outpatient consultations since the start of July."

Just now, NEM said:

"The hospital hasn’t been used to treat coronavirus (COVID-19) patients due to the continued suppression of the virus. However, thanks to a successful pilot, 315 patients have received orthopaedic and plastic surgery outpatient consultations since the start of July."

Thanks for confirming that I'm correct. 

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Hmm so It has been used for 315 consultations only.

They could have done that in a nightclub.

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

Fuck knows them. I'm just raging at them for closing schools (probably pre school care as well) till the 18th at minimum. 

Raging about the school/ nursery closure too. Bairn started last January and had barley had any time in nursery and school humming and haying on letting us have a extra year of nursery because he’s missed out.

good on sturgeon to do it when some have finished work for Christmas and more and likely have to eat into vacation days bang at the start of the year 

1 minute ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Come on lads

its bloody Saturday night! 

Saturday night is alright for fighting.

Just now, NEM said:

?

That place was tremendous.  Coming out to go to the game at 3pm hitting sunlight was a shock to the senses

Hahaha.

I was only young when I was in there, easy to get drinks though which suited me.