Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Coronavirus

Henry

5 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Why though? Is it guilt for the early killing of care home residents?

Why protect people who have lived their lives at the expense of young, healthy people who contribute to society. Political optics imho.

As an aside, POTY should be collecting early on his bets.

They've not lived all their lives, that's why. 

If you asked me to swap my grandmothers life for the ability to go to the Euros in the summer, I wouldn't do it. You can't put a price on any life, they have to be cautious. 

They also have to be better, and try to find a way that allows the resumption of the lives of younger people, whilst mitigating for those who need extra protection. This far, they've failed terribly on that front. 

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

That article was talking about the enabling of tax "avoidance", not the impression you gave that the U.K. people pay the least tax.

No most businesses do not employ loophole-seekers. Less than one in a hundred do for certain, I would guess less than one in ten thousand. Where did you get this absurd notion from?

My old man, the company he works for employ someone. 

I imagine the rest will be done by accountants, so aye, most companies will have someone able to do so, or have that as part of their job role.  Especially ones earning a fortune. I don't doubt the company I work for will have someone. 

My mistake, I never intended to suggest UK population pays the least tax, I meant to say UK citizens are amongst the best at avoiding tax. 

As the articles suggest. 

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

And the Tory governments encouraged the Oligarchs to come here with their zero tax breaks. Your beef is with the people for voting in the crooks who invited the crooks to come here, not the crooks like Abramovich who was subsequently became the high profile easy target to make an example of. 

My beef is never with the people who voted them in. They'd been lied to. As always. 

My beef is with the tories, as always, and the people who avoid the tax. 

In my experience, people hate the thought of someone on Universal Credit who doesn't want to work, getting like £90 a week more than they hate the thought of rich businessmen and huge corporations seeking to avoid paying tax into the public purse. I always find it baffling. 

Guest milne_afc
5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The workshy are a drain on the country. I'm not familiar with the modern handouts but there were certainly young lassies getting pregnant deliberately for housing and financial gains and generations of scum milking an easy system who became unemployable.

Cancelled out the -1 on this post.

This is spot on. There are scum who have never worked a day in their life who live off benefits and jail terms. Give me a job creating corporation over those pigs any day.

Drug taking should be a hobby, not a career.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

So, of the 490k people expected to die in the 10/11 months since this Bullshit all started, 60k people have died, who tested positive within 28 days of dying (from a test not recommended to be mass-used like it has been as it is far too unreliable) and who,  on average, were 82.

And we are STILL invoking nationwide lockdowns?

Its beyond a farce and an absolute red neck that people aren't rioting 

This "new strain" shit, there have been countless new strains already but they are only homing in on this being the stick to beat us back down with because they have ran out of excuses with the original one

"Excess deaths" now zero and very much in line with previous years

What sort of rioting have you been involved in during the pandemic? Or are you one of these people that wants folk to riot on your behalf? The sort of person that isn't seen for dust when things start getting feisty. 

A typical weegie, all fart and no shite. 

24 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

They lied to me too but I never voted Tory in my life. You blame the people who lied to the people. I blame the people for being so stupid (and for listening to Rupert Murdoch) that they believed the lies.

The workshy are a drain on the country. I'm not familiar with the modern handouts but there were certainly young lassies getting pregnant deliberately for housing and financial gains and generations of scum milking an easy system who became unemployable.

Both they and the corporations are the same. They exploit weak governance. My great ire for the Googles, Amazons, Starbucks and banks etc. isn't as great as my ire for the governments who not only allow exploitation, they encouraged it. My greatest ire of all is reserved for the red top readers and the U.K. population who voted for them. 

Your ire is with the working class. Who will always be exploited by the media, governments and banks. 

There's no evidence to suggest there are that many who fraudulently claim benefits, and you absolutely can't prove that people have children in order to live off the bare minimum. 

What are cheapest papers in the country? 60p a go? The Sun etc. It's not surprised these are readily consumed by the masses. 

Most people don't know who Rupert Murdoch is, or if they do, don't know what his influence is. People are too wrapped up in their work, trying to put food on the table etc, to stop and think "hmm, maybe this paper is lying to me." 

The people who are being misinformed at large are victims of a capitalist media and corrupt governments who are able to utilise this tool to spread division, fear and misinformation. 

It's them who need held accountable, not the ordinary people. 

45 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Cancelled out the -1 on this post.

This is spot on. There are scum who have never worked a day in their life who live off benefits and jail terms. Give me a job creating corporation over those pigs any day.

Drug taking should be a hobby, not a career.

There's no nobility in any of it. If you think your life is better being on the dole and not working, despite probably getting more money going to work, then surely that's the fault of the system in place? 

There's reasons why people are addicted to drugs, often poverty is linked to this. 

The amount of money wasted by people fraudulently claiming benefits isn't even close to the amount that could be in the public purse if corporations didn't avoid tax, or weren't allowed to avoid tax. 

People from Aberdeen, where prospects are generally better than most parts of the country, also have a tendency to forget what it's like in other parts of the UK. Most places don't have a permanent industry to provide jobs and wealth, I used to live in Dundee (the drug death capital of Europe) and the prospects of work there are fairly brutal. Either you're earning minimum wage on a 0/4/8hour contract, or you're on the dole. There were times when I worked in hospitality, where I would've been better off on the dole, than continuing to be employed, such were the hours I was getting, not to mention the lowest possible pay. 

It's very easy living in the generally affluent north east, to sneer at other parts of the country, who aren't afforded the same opportunities as we are. 

6 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Why though? Is it guilt for the early killing of care home residents?

Why protect people who have lived their lives at the expense of young, healthy people who contribute to society. Political optics imho.

As an aside, POTY should be collecting early on his bets.

What was the bet again, £50?

I'll offer HRH Moobster a generous cash out offer of £40.13.

30 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You're missing the point

Its not that they are 82 and irrelevant, its that they're 82 and were going to die anyway

But the virus sped up their death? 

What would their families give for another day, week or month with them? 

Also, I don't know if you know this, but we're all going to die anyway. 

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

But the virus sped up their death? 

What would their families give for another day, week or month with them? 

Also, I don't know if you know this, but we're all going to die anyway. 

Unrelated but your patience, restraint & consistency has been excellent. In the face of attacks from multiple raging morons ?

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1