Coronavirus

Henry

I see little point closing pubs and restaurants this Friday when everybody can do what they want for 5 days from the 24th.

Better off closing them on the 23rd and let them get some much needed trade.

The rise in infections is'nt down to hospitality but gatherings in houses due to pubs being closed at 8pm

What does Krankie think youngsters are doing?

Going to their bed at 9pm.

45 minutes ago, Fridge said:

For the love of fuck, was just speaking to a lassie who had 5 folk round, someone grassed her up and she is likely to get sacked.

World has quite literally gone mad.

So before it went thru the chaos exaggerator machine...

Was it more like the girl had 5 folk round, told the world about it via social media selfies, folk at her work seen it and someone said you better watch it you could get sacked for that? (Even tho everyone, including her, knows she wont)

Meaning her workmates probably just trying to tell her to wind her neck in cos they think shes a bit of a stupid, selfish cunt if they're all following the rules with the aim of not taking C19 into the workplace whilst shes openly not giving a fuck and putting it on fb etc. 

I personally wouldnt give a fuck, but i imagine a lot of weemin would.

58 minutes ago, Poodler said:

There's currently 3 in ITU, I believe. A fair pile in hospital from the affected care homes though not in critical care.

I expect Tier 3 to happen but more people to have a disregard for the rules, which is the right thing to do, in my opinion

Should be a total disregard for the rules.  They're a nonsense and don't work.  

That's us around 9 months into a "few weeks restrictions to flatten the curve and protect the NHS" ?

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Come on, Stude. That's not how it works. You don't wait for something to be confirmed, you to have to spend ages moaning and moaning about something that might happen. 

That's the Hat way. 

Don’t get me wrong I think it is fairly likely to happen based on the numbers I am seeing but what the fuck do I know. Doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason to the continuous changing. 

18 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Hancock just announcing they have discovered a new variant of covid which spreads a lot faster than normal covid.

Does the vaccine work on that?

Dunno, Joe. Does it? What do they mean by "variant"?

As far as I understand (a tiny amount, before MB starts), the vaccine works by enabling the immune system to identify the Covid "spike-protein". Is the spike protein on the variant the same? 

The only reason I can think of for mentioning a variant now is to allow for maintaining restrictions and absurdities long after the vaccine is rolled out properly. 

it was mutating from day 1, like any virus, that's recognised in journals around March time. 

Variants = more potential to keep population 'under control'.

I see people are really sticking with the second wave nonsense aswell. 

I wonder if in 2047 we will be calling it the 372nd wave of Covid etc. Henry can drag up this post then.

Society is well and truly fractured now, in my opinion, beyond repair. There are too many ill informed people to be able to go 'back to normal'. People scared/ encouraged not to touch things in public etc, it's truly mind blowing to see how pitiful some people have become. Liam Gallaghers new song is shit

• Upvote 1

I strongly encourage friends in local Heath boards to whistleblow all the time but they have the fear of being unable to work in the industry again/ apathy. NHSG/ Scotland will drive itself into ground over the next few years anyway though so it'll make no difference on the direction in which they're headed.

I don't doubt that a new strain is the truth, R_S.