Coronavirus

Henry

7 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

OJJ,  the man who staunchly advocates adhering to the rules now making excuses for rule breakers. 

She’s not making excuses for herself - so I’m not making any for her Mary.

I do think everyone should stick to the rules as best they can. Does that mean everyone will get it right all the time? No.

If you can’t see the difference in actions and behaviours between Calderwood, Cummings, the SNP MP wifie and Sturgeon here then there’s no helping you really. ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

No, it was wrong.

What I think Tommy is picking up on is the false equivalence you're trying to draw with Sturgeon's minor indiscretion and driving all the way around the country while thought to be Covid positive. 

There's also a huge difference in the positions held by both. I would say any elected leader needs to be held to higher standards than any non elected advisor. Not saying Cummings shouldn't have been sacked, as I said that at the time. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No, it was wrong.

What I think Tommy is picking up on is the false equivalence you're trying to draw with Sturgeon's minor indiscretion and driving all the way around the country while thought to be Covid positive. 

It could be argued that Cummings was only in the company of his family 'bubble',  while Sturgeo was hobnobbing in mixed company?   I'm just playing devil's advocate here,  I've no time for either of them. 

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

It could be argued that Cummings was only in the company of his family 'bubble',  while Sturgeo was hobnobbing in mixed company?   I'm just playing devil's advocate here,  I've no time for either of them. 

The Ferrier woman was by far the worst, simply amazing she didn't get prosecuted and is still allowed to be a snp member. No doubt when the dust dies she'll get the whip back and all will be forgotten.

1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

She just had the brass neck to read out FACTS

What beats me is why did she go to the wake ,surely attending the funeral was enough.

Day after day she tells us to avoid all social interactions and not to have a Xmas dinner with relations yet she heads for a pub.

Exactly.  Loads of folk that live alone and live in tier 3 might go weeks at a time without company if they stuck to the rules. 

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

The problem with money for business is Forbes and Sturgeon are sitting on the money, they've already had it from the UK government but won't hand it out.

.She announced a discretionary fund for small businesses on the 17th Nov.

Nothings happened since.

She has been asked multiple times by mp's what's happening and she just lies that the schemes are open.

5 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Cummings was Covid positive at the time. I'd say that trumps not having a face covering on for 2 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, daytripping said:

The Ferrier woman was by far the worst, 

Most definitely. 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No, it was wrong.

It doesn't matter how severe the indiscretion was, she still broke the rules.

I have broke the rules myself as I don't believe there is any benefit whatsoever wearing a mask, as epitomised by Hugh Pennington. However, the major difference here, it is her, not I, that has set the rules, arranged for them to be codified them into law, and has perenially threatened restricting our liberties even further than she has done already.

If you are advising what we can and cannot do, implementing, and enforcing these regulations, you must abide by them, end of. She is supposedly the leader of our nation, therefore should lead by example, no excuses. 

• Dildo 1
Guest milne_afc
Just now, jamiesd said:

With so many negative and positive results Wee Sturgeo could be a carrier and not know it. 

Come on Jamiesd, that’s a stretch. She said sorry and accepted responsibility. 
Even Woof decided against making an issue of it.

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

Come on Jamiesd, that’s a stretch. She said sorry and accepted responsibility. 
Even Woof decided against making an issue of it.

Hey i'm no scientist but the amount of people saying they have no symptoms and have tested positive, i.e footballers etc.  You cant be to careful.  I've no political agenda.  I think they are all cunts these days

20 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

There's also a huge difference in the positions held by both. I would say any elected leader needs to be held to higher standards than any non elected advisor. Not saying Cummings shouldn't have been sacked, as I said that at the time. 

Sturgo probably just thinks a lot of these rules and restrictions are a load of shite so just sticks to the one's she personally believes in. 

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It doesn't matter how severe the indiscretion was, 

When people are referencing other people in power breaking rules and trying to draw an equivalence, then of course it is relevant to discuss the severity of the indiscretion. 

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I have broke the rules myself as I don't believe there is any benefit whatsoever wearing a mask, as epitomised by Hugh Pennington. However, the major difference here, it is her, not I, that has set the rules, arranged for them to be codified them into law, and has perenially threatened restricting our liberties even further than she has done already.

If you are advising what we can and cannot do, implementing, and enforcing these regulations, you must abide by them, end of. She is supposedly the leader of our nation, therefore should lead by example, no excuses. 

No one has made any excuses. Everyone has agreed she was wrong. So I'm not sure why you're suggesting differently. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

When people are referencing other people in power breaking rules and trying to draw an equivalence, then of course it is relevant to discuss the severity of the indiscretion. 

No one has made any excuses. Everyone has agreed she was wrong. So I'm not sure why you're suggesting differently. 

It doesn't matter if she admitted she was wrong and apologised, that's irrelevant. Also, the severity of the breach, again is Roger Irrelevant. 

I am completely and utterly fed up of being told what I can and cannot do, whilst those in privileged positions such as Sturgeon and Johnson continually flout the rules without even a murmur of a punishment, not even a fine. 

However, every fucking day we get the same poisonous rhetoric coming from the powers that be that we will be punished if deemed to be in breach of the rules??.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
9 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It doesn't matter if she admitted she was wrong and apologised, that's irrelevant. Also, the severity of the breach, again is Roger Irrelevant. 

I am completely and utterly fed up of being told what I can and cannot do, whilst those in privileged positions such as Sturgeon and Johnson continually flout the rules without even a murmur of a punishment, not even a fine. 

However, every fucking day we get the same poisonous rhetoric coming from the powers that be that we will be punished if deemed to be in breach of the rules??.

Just do. It and then say sorry.