Coronavirus

Henry

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Have you drank Guinness in Ireland?

The distinction between draught and cans is everything in any discussion of quality. They are also completely different markets with the pandemic shifting the proportions hugely in 2020.

The recent craft popularity is almost exclusively off sales. Brewdog's success got them to cross the divide and other than the 6 degrees North pub, I'm not aware of other craft beer on trade sales outlets up here.

You are fucking clueless.

Yes I’ve had a pint in the rooftop bar of the Guinness factory in Dublin. 

Aberdeen city alone has 3 Brewdog bars, 6 degrees north, fierce bar, and casc. All craft beer led bars. 

Brewdog is probably on sale in more of the bars in Aberdeen than Guinness is.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Have you drank Guinness in Ireland?

The distinction between draught and cans is everything in any discussion of quality. They are also completely different markets with the pandemic shifting the proportions hugely in 2020.

The recent craft popularity is almost exclusively off sales. Brewdog's success got them to cross the divide and other than the 6 degrees North pub, I'm not aware of other craft beer on trade sales outlets up here.

Fierce?

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Don't know it. Never heard of it.

The discussion was started about stouts, a product I never drink unless I'm in the Republic of Ireland. It was fired up by a salted caramel stout (by Wilde Child) enthusiast who said Guinness was shit.

Now it has evolved into beers and craft beer pubs.

The proportion of Tennents lager to Brewdog and other craft beers is overwhelming in the on trade. That will be more down to habit than quality and as with every market, the proportions change.

Top of ship row as you head into castlegate (used to be Molly Malones or some other Irish shite)

Better bar (and beer) than Brewdog imo

29 minutes ago, chief_wiggum said:

Do you nae bother with Keo? Always get a crate of large Keos when Im over, very refreshing while you sit around the pool.

Oh yeah.

Keo is fine, 630ml bottles as well. Used to drink all the time til I found Calrsberg was actually brewed here too, so gradually liking that mair.

Sometimes Keo a bit sweet on draft.

Maybe prefer Leon in that respect.

Few places have Alfa as well, which is great in tins for home consumption, but can be iffy in a bar - my theory being may be an underused pump to the piping gets a bit stale wi lingering debris. :dontknow:

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Will try it... if the government let me.

What is your opinion of the 6 degrees north pub and beers?

The bars ok and they have a few decent beers. Wanderlust is nice. They sell it at the Marine in Stoney as well - great on a fine day 

Again far prefer it to Brewdog (can you tell I’m not a fan of Brewdog? ?)

37 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Aye I'll ask the gaffer at my local to get a few kegs of Pohjala in for when the lockdowns over

I'm sure the 71 brewing tap room, Brewdog bar, and Dynamo in Dundee all do a "craft" stout. Tell your local landlord to get onto eebriatrade.com and thousands of craft beers (including Pohjala when they export to the UK) are just a click away. 

Just now, Redforever86 said:

I'm sure the 71 brewing tap room, Brewdog bar, and Dynamo in Dundee all do a "craft" stout. Tell your local landlord to get onto eebriatrade.com and thousands of craft beers (including Pohjala when they export to the UK) are just a click away. 

That place is magic 

It's alright for Sturgeon to say this, probably a relatively big house, nae kids ti keep occupied.  Other politicians as well, probably all got plenty space and/or nae kids to keep entertained for weeks on end. 

I've been out for a run the day, it's a good way to clear the heid. 

The kids need to be kept in school and we should be allowed out to exercise as much as we want.  Surely even the esteemed dentist thinks this 

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Will try it... if the government let me.

What is your opinion of the 6 degrees north pub and beers?

To be fair to 6Dn they aren't really a craft brewery in terms of Brewdog or Fierce etc. They are a Belgian style brewer and bar based in Scotland. They make very good beers but they are based on Belgian styles not the American led craft beers. 

I'd hate to judge any brewery on who drinks their beer or visits their bar. Do you judge Guinness on the IRA loving Tim weegie cunt who swears by it? Tennents by the ned who drinks warm cans of it while trashing Loch Lommond? The Mona Lisa by the Tunisian cleaner who views it more than any other? 

Most people are cunts (as you might agree for once) most things are therefore consumed by cunts. It can be a great clue but it would help you to be more open minded on what you consume. Don't be so scared just incase some stranger decided to band you together with others who purchase a similar product. 

6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

It's alright for Sturgeon to say this, probably a relatively big house, nae kids ti keep occupied.  Other politicians as well, probably all got plenty space and/or nae kids to keep entertained for weeks on end. 

The kids need to be kept in school and we should be allowed out to exercise as much as we want.  Surely even the esteemed dentist thinks this 

Pretty sure you can go out as much as you wish? 

2 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

To be fair to 6Dn they aren't really a craft brewery in terms of Brewdog or Fierce etc. They are a Belgian style brewer and bar based in Scotland. They make very good beers but they are based on Belgian styles not the American led craft beers. 

I'd hate to judge any brewery on who drinks their beer or visits their bar. Do you judge Guinness on the IRA loving Tim weegie cunt who swears by it? Tennents by the ned who drinks warm cans of it while trashing Loch Lommond? The Mona Lisa by the Tunisian cleaner who views it more than any other? 

Most people are cunts (as you might agree for once) most things are therefore consumed by cunts. It can be a great clue but it would help you to be more open minded on what you consume. Don't be so scared just incase some stranger decided to band you together with others who purchase a similar product. 

IRA are decent lads with a good cause 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I’m with you on that Zeus.

Whatever measures are taken, they need to be evidence led.

The closure of schools has been a massive overreaction without basis in evidence that children in schools are significantly contributing to the spread or are at risk. 

Same with the outdoor exercise restrictions we saw in the first lockdown - show us that this is contributing to the spread of the virus? 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

I’m with you on that Zeus.

Whatever measures are taken, they need to be evidence led.

The closure of schools has been a massive overreaction without basis in evidence that children in schools are significantly contributing to the spread or are at risk. 

Same with the outdoor exercise restrictions we saw in the first lockdown - show us that this is contributing to the spread of the virus? 

Imagine being told for Jan and Feb you pretty much canna leave the house and make most of the few hours of daylight we have?

Im admittedly selfish with a kid in the early primary school years but I seen the effect it had. She's already asking when she will see her friends and teacher again. It'll have a lasting effect on kids. 

The only evidence I've seen of kids spreading it is social media experts claiming it does :laughing:

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Nae during the first lockdown. 1 hour a day and local only. 

I mind a poor cunt for abuse for sunbathing by himself in Victoria Park. Wasn't within 100 yards of anyone. 

The church group meet there every Sunday now. Playing instruments and singing. Double standards thon lot after sending the dibble down to disperse the noble 4pm club 

Next time you are at any decent beer shop (or bar) and are willing to spend what you would on a decent bottle of wine I'll give you recommendations. The majority of Brewdog beer is average, there is a lot of complete shite marketed to look like Brewdog that is even worse than it. Hence I can understand why people try a few craft beers and think it's all shite. It would be like thinking all vodka is shite after having Glens and Grants. Or cider is shite after having White lighting and strongbow and Magners. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Back on topic. My kids have long since left school, so maybe I am a biased old cunt in his mid 50’s. But surely schools and colleges have to go to some blended online learning. I understand it will be difficult for parents that can’t stay at home and look after their kids and maybe schools could partially be opened for such circumstances. 

Just no point in closing almost everything apart from educational establishments. That’s like trying to stop a 15 hole sieve with your ten fingers. 

I am not a supporter of lockdowns, but if you are going to do it, do it right. Get the vaccine going and get the people at risk the jab. 

• Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Wuhan celebrated New Year in big crowds and no masks nor social distancing. How they managed the pandemic during the last year might be something our leaders should be interested to learn.

Like jailing a reporter who blogged the truth about covid for 5 years