Coronavirus

Henry

11 hours ago, CraigHill said:

10% effective is not effective????????

Any new medicine that is only 10% effective wouldn't even get a licence. Not that their manufacturer would be stupid enough to even try.

As I already stated....if AZ was effective against the SA variant, they wouldn't  be spending tens of millions on updating it's formula to make it so.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Was reading the hospitality industry is planning going to court to challenge the 10pm curfew, I think it's a good move. The SNP seem to pull these laws out of thin air with no scientific justification behind the rules, it's actually scary how authoritarian they are, they who must be obeyed. England no longer follow the 10pm rule, seems they came to their senses and are actually trying to help business rather than cripple it. If it wasn't for so many people wanting independence I doubt they would have much support, nanny state party. 

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

Was reading the hospitality industry is planning going to court to challenge the 10pm curfew, I think it's a good move. The SNP seem to pull these laws out of thin air with no scientific justification behind the rules, it's actually scary how authoritarian they are, they who must be obeyed. England no longer follow the 10pm rule, seems they came to their senses and are actually trying to help business rather than cripple it. If it wasn't for so many people wanting independence I doubt they would have much support, nanny state party. 

I voted yes and will do so again.

Won't vote SNP again though, did well with covid initially but their 'cautious' approach is killing businesses. 

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, daytripping said:

They can't enforce the 10pm thing. They fucked up the wording of the legislation. The councils are admitting it privately.

29 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Read an article yesterday that The Pear Tree pub in Edinburgh (has a large outdoor area for anybody unfamiliar) is keeping its outdoor area open until midnight for drinking.

Apparently there was a tweak to the regulations which said that pubs could open as per their local licensing regulations. I think most boozers were still operating to the 10pm shirting time. 

The owners of the pub checked with licensing department and they seemed to okay it. Will see if I can find the article.

edit: here it is https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-pub-serve-drinks-past-20484553.amp

2 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Read an article yesterday that The Pear Tree pub in Edinburgh (has a large outdoor area for anybody unfamiliar) is keeping its outdoor area open until midnight for drinking.

Apparently there was a tweak to the regulations which said that pubs could open as per their local licensing regulations. I think most boozers were still operating to the 10pm shirting time. 

The owners of the pub checked with licensing department and they seemed to okay it. Will see if I can find the article  

Aye the outdoor area has to be their own space, can't be on pavements or anything. A lot of pubs won't do it though, not worth pissing off the licencing departments.

3 hours ago, daytripping said:

24 in hospital with covids, 2 in ITU, that's the numbers I was told from a mental health nurse I know.

When I was a Charge Nurse, I didn't have access to the bed state of any other hospital other than the one I worked in. 

Unless he/she is actually employed as a bed manager (although why a psychiatric nurse would have a need for access to acute bed statistics I still don't really understand.....the 2 services rarely overlap to any degree)

• Upvote 1