Coronavirus

Henry

10 hours ago, Fridge said:

You’re only allowed two hours inside but you are fine outside?

Go to proper bars..with pool tables and jukers on DoD Street..524.Butchers..Northern ..Coopers....Mither tap....yer guaranteed to sit there all day..

None of this 2 hour craftwank quick scoof West end pish?

7 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

FIFY

The great man is 80 in a few weeks 

Got an email saying they’ve brought forward my 2nd vaccine by a month. Wonder if the first dose killed off that much that the queue has shrunk by a 1/3. Don’t want it but feel it’s going to be a requirement to get where I want to go. 

27 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Got an email saying they’ve brought forward my 2nd vaccine by a month. Wonder if the first dose killed off that much that the queue has shrunk by a 1/3. Don’t want it but feel it’s going to be a requirement to get where I want to go. 

Vaccine passports will be in force very soon if not already in use.

Do as you are told or suffer the consequences.

You have been warned.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Lencarl said:

Vaccine passports will be in force very soon if not already in use.

Do as you are told or suffer the consequences.

You have been warned.

It’s very strange though, that there’s no proof of vaccination. Even the hospitals don’t have access to who has had it. Cant understand why that is 

1 hour ago, Misers Hill said:

Go to proper bars..with pool tables and jukers on DoD Street..524.Butchers..Northern ..Coopers....Mither tap....yer guaranteed to sit there all day..

None of this 2 hour craftwank quick scoof West end pish?

Would have agreed with this after the last lockdown but since last week all the licenced premises in aberdeen have been getting surprise audits by the council. They'll have no option to comply - if they're caught they'll get closed. Nothing stopping walk ins but you will have to leave after 2 hours. 

As was said by somebody else, all it does is means people will go to multiple venues and come in contact with more people which I thought is what they wanted to avoid. 

58 minutes ago, Poodler said:

New Zealand?

12 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Would have agreed with this after the last lockdown but since last week all the licenced premises in aberdeen have been getting surprise audits by the council. They'll have no option to comply - if they're caught they'll get closed. Nothing stopping walk ins but you will have to leave after 2 hours. 

As was said by somebody else, all it does is means people will go to multiple venues and come in contact with more people which I thought is what they wanted to avoid. 

Is it really going to be enforced by law? That’s utterly bizarre if true, are you sure? It’s up to the premises how they run their own booking system you’d have thought. This government seems to come up with new bizarre ways regularly just to make everything more difficult for people. 

13 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Is it really going to be enforced by law? That’s utterly bizarre if true, are you sure? It’s up to the premises how they run their own booking system you’d have thought. This government seems to come up with new bizarre ways regularly just to make everything more difficult for people. 

From 17th May onwards inside drinking is allowed again (without a meal). This is required to be managed by 2 hour timeslots as per the stage 2 guidance. 

Going to be a total chew to implement and manage. Hopefully only a period of 3 weeks until we move to level 1 as per the planned easing. 

But yes to answer your query, for a minimum period of 3 weeks, it is law. 

13 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

There’s no way this will be enforced, how would they know how long you have been there unless they are staking the place out.

Just now, Fridge said:

There’s no way this will be enforced, how would they know how long you have been there unless they are staking the place out.

Because by law, every person within a group in a hospitality setting has to check in (a change from previous, where only one person had to check in). 

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

So people will make multiple bookings and move around 3 or 4 venues instead of staying in one place? Surely that's what they should be trying to minimise.

They just want to make life difficult for publicans. Keep them jumping through a few hoops.

You've hit the nail on the head there, Moobs min. 

They are making it excruciatingly and unnecessarily difficult for the hospitality industry and their customers by the introduction of these farcical, and quite frankly hypocritical, rules when they have been vociferously vocal in telling us all to minimise our social interaction to a bare minimum since the first lockdown last year. 

I wasn't aware of the maximum 2 hour limit indoors at any given hostelry, commencing on the 17th May for 3 weeks, until reading it on here. Absolutely bizarre and nonsensical, considering most regulars would have received their first jabs, at the very least, by that date. 

20 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

From 17th May onwards inside drinking is allowed again (without a meal). This is required to be managed by 2 hour timeslots as per the stage 2 guidance. 

Going to be a total chew to implement and manage. Hopefully only a period of 3 weeks until we move to level 1 as per the planned easing. 

But yes to answer your query, for a minimum period of 3 weeks, it is law. 

That’s so pointless they never cease to amaze with their utter pedantry. It’s like they are intentionally trying to piss folk off. 

18 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Because by law, every person within a group in a hospitality setting has to check in (a change from previous, where only one person had to check in). 

Well that’s not being enforced as I haven’t checked in anywhere.

18 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Neither have I and yet we were required to when outdoor drinking was last allowed.

We were four different households in the pub "beer garden" last week all at the same table and that was allowed. Fuck knows what it's meant to be but who cares, these rules have got to be dispensed with soon. 

Outside is 6 people from maximum 6 households so what you did was within the rules. 

27 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Well that’s not being enforced as I haven’t checked in anywhere.

That's a failing on the premises. It does form part of any hospitality venues operating plan. It will be picked up on during an audit if they arent already doing it. 

31 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

That’s so pointless they never cease to amaze with their utter pedantry. It’s like they are intentionally trying to piss folk off. 

Agreed. I've been heavily involved in the reopening of the CC so am up to speed with all the rules. Don't agree with any of them but we have to follow them. Council licencing department arrived unannounced on Saturday during our busiest spell since we reopened to carry out an audit. Everything was looked at (checking in system, one way system, marquee set up, signage etc). Most venues I've heard of have faced the same unannounced audits so they are obviously more on the ball this time than they were after the last audit when we didnt hear from anybody from the council. 

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Cant see that happening in DoD Street cruisers iyam..especially Winters etc ????

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Apart from not giving our contact details you mean?

If you didnt give details then that is a breach from the premises in question. But the total number of people at a table if drinking outside was within the rules. Current rules are 6 people from 2 households indoors (increasing to 6 people from 3 households on 17th May) and 6 people from 6 households outdoors. 

1 minute ago, Misers Hill said:

Cant see that happening in DoD Street cruisers iyam..especially Winters etc ????

Probably not - but i suspect they'll get one warning after their audit and a second finding will result in them being temporarily closed. As I've said, i dont agree with any of the rules, but i am in a place where i know what they are and when things change etc. 

So Gleneagles broke the rules yesterday by not asking for contact details?

Yes. Rules are all members of a party have to check in using an approved app, or write down contact details on paper which the venue need to keep on record. Before Christmas, the rule was only one member of the party had to give details. Now its all members of the group. 

We have QR codes scanned and printed on every table which everybody is asked to scan - paper copies are also left for the older clientele who may not have smart phones (or for some reason shit themselves at an app company having their information).

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Is it possible that "committee men" - mostly always wankers, intellectually subnormal specimens who's appointment to a committee makes them feel important for the only time in their sad lives - are reading stuff into rules that aren't there?

Not really its there in black and white. You can choose to believe it or not. Doesn't put me up nor down fella. 

Hope you enjoyed "Gleneagles" 

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

It was a question. I already said I don't know what the rules are nor do I give a fuck because they're obviously going to be got rid of one day soon. Don't take everything so personally. 

Not taking anything personally. Just replying to a post on a public forum. Isnt that what a public forum is for? 

As I've said i dont agree with any of the rules and am fully aware they will be gone soon. Just helping some brothers out who dont appear to know what the rules are. Whether places implement these rules is of no concern to me either. I wont be going out in the town whilst these two hour bookings have to be made. 

Choose your words better then: -

I wasn't disputing the rules. You brought your "feelings" into it.

And drop the smartarseness. A "public forum" isn't for wankers - whether for committee men wankers or normal wankers - to misinterpret words, fail to read properly and get all offended. 

So angry.